Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Non-UA / partner Lounge Access Rules for United Club members

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 20, 2018, 11:02 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Lounge Access Policy - Star Alliance - Star Alliance
Paid Lounge Membership Customers
As holder of an eligible Paid Lounge Membership, you have access to any Star Alliance member airline’s Business Class Lounge* at the airport where your flight departs. Eligible paid memberships are United Club and Air Canada Maple Leaf Club – Worldwide.

You will need to show your boarding pass for a Star Alliance member airline operated flight together with your valid paid lounge membership card, displaying the Star Alliance Lounge Logo.

You are entitled to bring one guest travelling on any Star Alliance flight departing from the same airport on the same day.

*Not applicable at SQ SilverKris Lounge (Business Class) in Singapore, AC Signature Suite and UA Polaris Lounges
UC Members do not get access to the Star Alliance lounges located in Buenos Aires (EZE), Los Angeles (LAX), Nagoya (NGO), Paris (CDG), Rio de Janeiro (GIG), Rome (FCO), Amsterdam (AMS) and Sao Paulo (GRU). (Appears access is now permitting -- since 2020??)

Family access is not valid for partner lounges

Physical members card is required for entry (appears UA is saying virtual, app card is sufficient for *A lounges)

Lounge Information - Star Alliance - Star Alliance
Search using
United Club for Paid Membership under the dropdown list, for airport specific lounges that gives you access.

What if I am also a *G?
You can enter a partner lounge as *G (Star Alliance Gold) or as a UC Member but not as both. You will be limited to +1 guest even if *G and also UC/ML membership, Benefits do not stack.
In the case of those partners with a *G lounge and a Business lounge (Such as LH), your *G status will get you into the better *G lounge while the UC membership provides access to just the Business Lounge.

List of partner related lounges accessible via the club card

USA Lounges with UA *G Access When Flying Domestic
Does United Club Membership Give Access to * Gold Lounges in the USA?

Print Wikipost

Non-UA / partner Lounge Access Rules for United Club members

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2019, 8:49 pm

Originally Posted by SFHokie
Have you checked that your United Club Card and your United Mileage Plus number are linked?
Is your name on your credit card the same as your name for your United Mileage Plus account?

Just a few useful troubleshooting tips to go through before calling Chase customer service.
Im having the exact same issue the OP is. Signed up for the club card in April and my paid membership expired June 30.

I do do not see a UA club card in my profile on the UA app. Just my frequent flyer card.

How do I link them? I assumed all that happened when I signed up for the credit card, especially as purchases on it go to my FF account already.

Mike
Old Jul 25, 2019, 8:56 pm

Programs: UA Gold; AA; Amtrak Select Plus;HH Diamond;Hyatt Disc;Hertz PC; Total Wine Grand Reserve!
Just to be clear: the delivery of your United Club credit card and the actual United Club membership card are two separate mailings. Chase is very prompt, United less so. If you don't get the membership card in a timely manner, call or email United Customer service and they will send you another one. I've had membership this way for a few years and once I never got the new membership card and they sent me a replacement right away.
Old Jul 25, 2019, 9:49 pm
formerly Sleepy_Sentry

Also bear in mind United will mail the physical card to the address in your MileagePlus profile, NOT the address you give to Chase. Make sure United has your correct address.
Old Jul 26, 2019, 2:24 am

Thanks for all the replies. I will be calling customer service as all I see in my United app is my explorer card and 2 one time club passes. I don't even see the Club credit card there let alone the club card.

To the poster who said the club card does not get you into the LH Senator lounge, I'm surprised to hear that. *G is enough to get into the Senator lounge and I thought the Club Card gave you access to all *G level lounges. I was able to get into the LH Senator lounge in Heathrow with my Club Credit Card. Later the same day, in Frankfurt I was denied entry to every *G LH lounge.
Old Jul 26, 2019, 2:42 am

Programs: Continental OnePass
Originally Posted by FMNY
Thanks for all the replies. I will be calling customer service as all I see in my United app is my explorer card and 2 one time club passes. I don't even see the Club credit card there let alone the club card.

To the poster who said the club card does not get you into the LH Senator lounge, I'm surprised to hear that. *G is enough to get into the Senator lounge and I thought the Club Card gave you access to all *G level lounges. I was able to get into the LH Senator lounge in Heathrow with my Club Credit Card. Later the same day, in Frankfurt I was denied entry to every *G LH lounge.
The club card should not get you into the Senator Lounge, only the Business Lounge, it’s access isn’t as good as *G. The Star Alliance lounge finder is really good for telling you what you have access to depending on your status/paid membership by using the filters: https://www.staralliance.com/en/lounge-finder
Old Jul 26, 2019, 2:59 am

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Originally Posted by Kacee
The virtual card on the App expressly states "Physical card needed to access Star Alliance and partner lounges."

So you'll have to await delivery of the physical card to be assured entry to those.
Would you happen to know whether Maple Leaf Lounges also require the physical card?
Old Jul 26, 2019, 1:35 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by FMNY
... To the poster who said the club card does not get you into the LH Senator lounge, I'm surprised to hear that. *G is enough to get into the Senator lounge and I thought the Club Card gave you access to all *G level lounges. I was able to get into the LH Senator lounge in Heathrow with my Club Credit Card. Later the same day, in Frankfurt I was denied entry to every *G LH lounge.
Straight from the *A Access Policy

As holder of an eligible Paid Lounge Membership, you have access to any Star Alliance member airline’s Business Class Lounge* at the airport where your flight departs. Eligible paid memberships are United Club and Air Canada Maple Leaf Club – Worldwide.

You will need to show your boarding pass for a Star Alliance member airline operated flight together with your valid paid lounge membership card, displaying the Star Alliance Lounge Logo.

You are entitled to bring one guest travelling on any Star Alliance flight departing from the same airport on the same day.

*Not applicable at SQ SilverKris Lounge (Business Class) in Singapore, AC Signature Suite and UA Polaris Lounges
LH has two lounges Senator and Business (the latter is what the UC membership qualifies for)
Old Oct 11, 2019, 6:49 am

Star Alliance Partner/Affiliated Lounge Access With United Club Paid Membership

Has anyone had recent experience accessing star alliance partner lounges with a United Club membership? With the whole changes to the structure of earnings and stuff, this is something I need to consider. The star alliance site says it seems to be as good as *G for the most part.

Specifically, I'm wondering:
  • How do you get in? Do you have to show your club card with your boarding pass? (I assume a BP alone won't be enough, especially if you don't have *G)
  • Do they take the digital card that's in the United app as well?
  • Any issues with accessing a lounge that should be accessible? I would imagine that some people may not know what a paid lounge membership may be (or am I being paranoid?)
Old Oct 11, 2019, 7:10 am

Programs: DYKWIA, But I'm a "Diamond Guest" UA 1K/2MM
I can relate my experience with Lufthansa lounges. UC membership gets you +1 guest into LH business lounges (no allowance for family members). That is inferior to Star Alliance Gold status which gets you into the (slightly better) Lufthansa Senator lounge (also with 1 guest).
Old Oct 11, 2019, 10:57 am
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
You'll have access to business class lounge, not *G lounge (as porciuscato had pointed out). You will need to present the physical card, along with a boarding pass for same day *A travel.
Old Oct 11, 2019, 11:26 am

Originally Posted by PTahCha
You'll have access to business class lounge, not *G lounge (as porciuscato had pointed out). You will need to present the physical card, along with a boarding pass for same day *A travel.
Thanks for the insight on the LH lounges. May travel more often in that direction in the future (mostly connecting) so that's something I'll have to keep in mind.

Did you have any experiences in Asia? Thinking mainly about NH/ANA, SQ, OZ(Asiana), BR(Eva)
Old Oct 11, 2019, 3:52 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by quantumslip
Has anyone had recent experience accessing star alliance partner lounges with a United Club membership?
The rules are pretty clear and would not expect you to have any issues
Lounge Access Policy - Star Alliance - Star Alliance

As an eligible holder of Paid Lounge Membership, you have access to any Star Alliance member airline Business Class Lounge. Eligible paid memberships include United Club and Air Canada Maple Leaf Club – Worldwide. You will need to show your boarding pass for a Star Alliance flight departing from the local airport together with your valid eligible paid lounge membership card, displaying the Star Alliance Lounge Logo. You are entitled to a maximum of one guest travelling on any Star Alliance flight departing from the local airport.

Except in Singapore where the Singapore Airlines Krisflyer Gold Lounge is available.
Physical card and same day *A departure BP required. Standard item for lounge agents is a book with images of the acceptable cards.
Old Oct 13, 2019, 1:14 am

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
Originally Posted by quantumslip
Thanks for the insight on the LH lounges. May travel more often in that direction in the future (mostly connecting) so that's something I'll have to keep in mind.

Did you have any experiences in Asia? Thinking mainly about NH/ANA, SQ, OZ(Asiana), BR(Eva)
Ive never had trouble on NH/OZ/BR (or TH for that matter).

The SQ lounge for * customers in SIN is quite basic and, strangely, had a clothes cleaner (a combo washer/dryer) when I visited last month. FWIW UA gives *G customers an invitation to a local lounge there.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 9:42 am

Programs: United Plat, SPG/Marriott/Hyatt Gold
Read through this thread as I am new United Chase Club Card member and headed to NRT next week (United booking from LAX to NRT; United metal there and ANA on the way back). While I have the digital card in my iOS app, it does not have the Star Alliance logo so I tried logging in through an Android device and the digital card was the same (no Star Alliance logo). I also called United to see if they could provide any kind of written document I could use in NRT and they said no and that I wouldn't receive a physical card for another 4 or so weeks.

So, a couple questions for the group:
1. Is the United club at NRT comparable to the ANA club?
2. The United club is in terminal 1...is that a shared terminal with where ANA flies out of? If not, can I access terminal 1 relatively easily?
3. Has anyone gotten into the ANA club at NRT with just a digital United Club card?

Thanks!
Old Nov 20, 2019, 11:05 am
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by TypeRx
Read through this thread as I am new United Chase Club Card member and headed to NRT next week (United booking from LAX to NRT; United metal there and ANA on the way back). While I have the digital card in my iOS app, it does not have the Star Alliance logo so I tried logging in through an Android device and the digital card was the same (no Star Alliance logo). I also called United to see if they could provide any kind of written document I could use in NRT and they said no and that I wouldn't receive a physical card for another 4 or so weeks.

So, a couple questions for the group:
1. Is the United club at NRT comparable to the ANA club?
2. The United club is in terminal 1...is that a shared terminal with where ANA flies out of? If not, can I access terminal 1 relatively easily?
3. Has anyone gotten into the ANA club at NRT with just a digital United Club card?

Thanks!
If you are UA Platinum, you can just use your boarding pass for either United Club or ANA Business Class Lounge (entry via your *G status, not through club membership).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.