Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Non-UA / partner Lounge Access Rules for United Club members

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 20, 2018, 11:02 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Lounge Access Policy - Star Alliance - Star Alliance
Paid Lounge Membership Customers
As holder of an eligible Paid Lounge Membership, you have access to any Star Alliance member airline’s Business Class Lounge* at the airport where your flight departs. Eligible paid memberships are United Club and Air Canada Maple Leaf Club – Worldwide.

You will need to show your boarding pass for a Star Alliance member airline operated flight together with your valid paid lounge membership card, displaying the Star Alliance Lounge Logo.

You are entitled to bring one guest travelling on any Star Alliance flight departing from the same airport on the same day.

*Not applicable at SQ SilverKris Lounge (Business Class) in Singapore, AC Signature Suite and UA Polaris Lounges
UC Members do not get access to the Star Alliance lounges located in Buenos Aires (EZE), Los Angeles (LAX), Nagoya (NGO), Paris (CDG), Rio de Janeiro (GIG), Rome (FCO), Amsterdam (AMS) and Sao Paulo (GRU). (Appears access is now permitting -- since 2020??)

Family access is not valid for partner lounges

Physical members card is required for entry (appears UA is saying virtual, app card is sufficient for *A lounges)

Lounge Information - Star Alliance - Star Alliance
Search using
United Club for Paid Membership under the dropdown list, for airport specific lounges that gives you access.

What if I am also a *G?
You can enter a partner lounge as *G (Star Alliance Gold) or as a UC Member but not as both. You will be limited to +1 guest even if *G and also UC/ML membership, Benefits do not stack.
In the case of those partners with a *G lounge and a Business lounge (Such as LH), your *G status will get you into the better *G lounge while the UC membership provides access to just the Business Lounge.

List of partner related lounges accessible via the club card

USA Lounges with UA *G Access When Flying Domestic
Does United Club Membership Give Access to * Gold Lounges in the USA?

Print Wikipost

Non-UA / partner Lounge Access Rules for United Club members

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2017, 12:26 pm

Programs: LH Senator, Amex Centurion, SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, Intercontinental Platinum, Delta Platinum,
Thanks

Thank you. I was going to get the card that has a 450 fee but includes UC membership

Originally Posted by Kacee
Yes, so long as you are departing that airport on a *A flight.
Old Apr 3, 2017, 12:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by vtanzi
Thank you. I was going to get the card that has a 450 fee but includes UC membership
That's the one.
Old Apr 3, 2017, 12:34 pm

Programs: LH Senator, Amex Centurion, SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, Intercontinental Platinum, Delta Platinum,
Thanks so much!!
Old Apr 9, 2017, 2:17 pm

Programs: CHASE UNITED CLUB; CITI PRESTIGE; IHG SPIRE AMBASSADOR; RITZ-CARLTON GOLD; Global Entry
I have been a Club card holder (Annual fee $395) for more than two years. It is hard for me to discard this card.

But the rumor has it new high-end cards are coming up. Some things would have to be done to keep this club card up with the trend.

I have been to two admiral clubs today. My opinion is that Admiral clubs are likely better than united clubs.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 10:48 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

I really like this thread, especially for folks that needs clarity on lounge access via the paid club access route using the $450 AF Chase card.
It's interesting that United doesn't just gift the Gold Status and make it easier for everyone, instead they created this "paid club access" and hide behind all these ambiguous rules (you have to note, that none of the Star Alliance affiliated lounge for access with the card is actually working on the united site itself, what a shame and so misleading), which creates so much confusion between users and lounge check in agents alike.

Lounge Access Policy - Star Alliance - Star AlliancePaid Lounge Membership Customers

As an eligible holder of Paid Lounge Membership, you have access to any Star Alliance member airline Business Class Lounge. Eligible paid memberships include United Club and Air Canada Maple Leaf Club – Worldwide. You will need to show your boarding pass for a Star Alliance flight departing from the local airport together with your valid eligible paid lounge membership card, displaying the Star Alliance Lounge Logo. You are entitled to a maximum of one guest travelling on any Star Alliance flight departing from the local airport.

Except in Singapore where the Singapore Airlines Krisflyer Gold Lounge is available.
Lounge Information - Star Alliance - Star Alliance

Search using
United Club for Paid Membership under the dropdown list, for airport specific lounges that gives you access.
List of partner related lounges accessible via the club card
https://www.united.com/web/en-US/con...ations/bf.aspx
Hopefully these links can be a sticky, because it would help for folks with the club card, they can search and print the necessary info right before entry to the lounges.

Lastly, another good advice was also to download the app, so you will have the digital code of the club card for agents to scan.
With all of the above, I believe it's very difficult for agents to deny access and turn you down if you have info that clearly stated on all of the above.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 10:56 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by bluestrudels
It's interesting that United doesn't just gift the Gold Status and make it easier for everyone, instead they created this "paid club access" and hide behind all these ambiguous rules
Not surprising at all. *G status comes with all sorts of other benefits (and costs) and there's no way selling it for $450/year makes sense.
Old Aug 26, 2018, 4:39 pm

I have a United Club membership. Will I have access to Air New Zealand's lounges in small regional airports as long as am flying Air New Zealand with the ability to bring in one guest?
Old Aug 26, 2018, 5:39 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by weibelt
I have a United Club membership. Will I have access to Air New Zealand's lounges in small regional airports as long as am flying Air New Zealand with the ability to bring in one guest?
If they are marked as Star Alliance/NZ Business Class lounges -- and that seems to be best asked in the NZ forum
Paid Lounge Membership Customers
As an eligible holder of Paid Lounge Membership, you have access to any Star Alliance member airline Business Class Lounge. Eligible paid memberships include United Club and Air Canada Maple Leaf Club – Worldwide. You will need to show your boarding pass for a Star Alliance flight departing from the local airport together with your valid eligible paid lounge membership card, displaying the Star Alliance Lounge Logo. You are entitled to a maximum of one guest travelling on any Star Alliance flight departing from the local airport.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 10:09 pm

I was reading that there is a new policy with a membership to United Club we can access Star Alliance Lounges? I am kind of confused. Does anyone know? https://www.staralliance.com/en/lounge-access-policy
So if I am flying say on LH I can access their lounge with my LH ticket and my UA Club Card? I am not sure if I am understanding that, anyone confirm for me?

Thanks!
Old Sep 4, 2018, 10:13 pm

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by travelguy70
I was reading that there is a new policy with a membership to United Club we can access Star Alliance Lounges?...
Not new, has long been true (did it 30 years ago -- before I have status)

... So if I am flying say on LH I can access their lounge with my LH ticket and my UA Club Card? ...
Yes, you have access to the LH Bussiness Class lounge (not Senator)
You do need a departing *A BP
Old Sep 4, 2018, 10:29 pm

what if you have no status, can I still enter the lounge with my United Club Membership? Also I will have a standby ticket as an airline employee, do you know if LH allows people in with standby? On Star Alliance page it says airlines have their own policies.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 10:47 pm

what if you have no status, can I still enter the lounge with my United Club Membership? ....
Yes But you need a departure *A BP

Also I will have a standby ticket as an airline employee, do you know if LH allows people in with standby? ....
That could be a problem, I don't know LH policies -- you may have to ask in the LH forum --- but I would have low expectations. LH folks tend to be very much by the rules types.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 11:16 pm

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Yes But you need a departure *A BP

That could be a problem, I don't know LH policies -- you may have to ask in the LH forum --- but I would have low expectations. LH folks tend to be very much by the rules types.
ok thank you for your help! I always have Priority Pass as a back up.... sure though a LH lounge would be better.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 9:02 pm

Programs: United MileagePlus Silver, Marriott Platinum
United Club Member Star Alliance lounge access using digital / virtual card?

Hi all,

Long time reader. First time post here. Sorry if this has been addressed before, but I have searched extensively and cannot find answer.

I'm a new United Club member, through Chase Mileageplus Club card. Account opened in July, but I still have not received my actual physical United Club membership card. Spoke to UC member service who are completely clueless. No one seems to be able to figure out if/when/where my membership card was sent out or even made. The UC member service rep told me that I can actually access *A lounges (except LH in Germany) with digital version of the UC membership card and UC is actually in the process of doing away with all physical cards. This is in contrary to what I've read/heard here or elsewhere.

So just want ask to see if anyone here has experience of accessing *A lounges with only digital UC member card? I have a trip coming up soon and it'd be nice to know so that I can prepare contingency plans with pp lounges.

Thanks gusy
Old Sep 12, 2018, 11:29 pm

Originally Posted by ttniu
....The UC member service rep told me that I can actually access *A lounges (except LH in Germany) with digital version of the UC membership card and UC is actually in the process of doing away with all physical cards. This is in contrary to what I've read/heard here or elsewhere.

So just want ask to see if anyone here has experience of accessing *A lounges with only digital UC member card? ....
While I have never tried this, I would be highly skeptical this will work. It may occasionally work.

If you have waited 8 weeks, that is plenty of time to have waited. I would push for expedited shipment of a new UC membership card.

Note the digital card states
"This digital card is only valid at United Club locations."

So that seems to place a hole in the representative's "theory"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.