Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Non-UA / partner Lounge Access Rules for United Club members

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 20, 2018, 11:02 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Lounge Access Policy - Star Alliance - Star Alliance
Paid Lounge Membership Customers
As holder of an eligible Paid Lounge Membership, you have access to any Star Alliance member airline’s Business Class Lounge* at the airport where your flight departs. Eligible paid memberships are United Club and Air Canada Maple Leaf Club – Worldwide.

You will need to show your boarding pass for a Star Alliance member airline operated flight together with your valid paid lounge membership card, displaying the Star Alliance Lounge Logo.

You are entitled to bring one guest travelling on any Star Alliance flight departing from the same airport on the same day.

*Not applicable at SQ SilverKris Lounge (Business Class) in Singapore, AC Signature Suite and UA Polaris Lounges
UC Members do not get access to the Star Alliance lounges located in Buenos Aires (EZE), Los Angeles (LAX), Nagoya (NGO), Paris (CDG), Rio de Janeiro (GIG), Rome (FCO), Amsterdam (AMS) and Sao Paulo (GRU). (Appears access is now permitting -- since 2020??)

Family access is not valid for partner lounges

Physical members card is required for entry (appears UA is saying virtual, app card is sufficient for *A lounges)

Lounge Information - Star Alliance - Star Alliance
Search using
United Club for Paid Membership under the dropdown list, for airport specific lounges that gives you access.

What if I am also a *G?
You can enter a partner lounge as *G (Star Alliance Gold) or as a UC Member but not as both. You will be limited to +1 guest even if *G and also UC/ML membership, Benefits do not stack.
In the case of those partners with a *G lounge and a Business lounge (Such as LH), your *G status will get you into the better *G lounge while the UC membership provides access to just the Business Lounge.

List of partner related lounges accessible via the club card

USA Lounges with UA *G Access When Flying Domestic
Does United Club Membership Give Access to * Gold Lounges in the USA?

Print Wikipost

Non-UA / partner Lounge Access Rules for United Club members

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2018, 1:18 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Kacee
Check out what mine says:

Pretty sure this is new.
Been there for years
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/23982403-post16.html
Old Oct 17, 2018, 7:18 am

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Kacee
Check out what mine says:

Pretty sure this is new.
And they cannot spell Canada.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 12:43 am

Update: At LAX no one would let me in with the Apple Wallet version without the *A logo. Luckily I took a screenshot with an android phone and saved a copy on my iPhone. They let me in right away.

so for all you iOS users....save a copy from an android with the *A logo.
Old Oct 29, 2018, 1:24 pm

Also just confirmed EVA Star/Infinity Lounge Access at TPE with the screenshot taken from the Android App displaying the *A logo.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 3:11 pm
formerly skyccord

Programs: United Premier Platinum, Hertz President Circle, Marriott/SPG Premier Plat Elite, Avis Preferred
*A Lounge Question

*Mods please move if in wrong place*

So I am a paid UC Lounge member as well as *A Gold. I am flying a non Star Alliance carrier out of JFK Term 1 tomorrow. I have PriorityPass but the time I'm going to be there is out of the allowed windows for PP holders. With that said, can I visit a *A lounge with my United Club lounge card that shows i'm *A Gold?
Old Dec 5, 2018, 3:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K, MR Titanium, IHG Gold, National Exec
You cannot visit a *A lounge as *G if you are flying a non-*A carrier.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 5:12 pm

Use of Air Canada lounge (MLL) as a United Club member

I'm a United Club member and am flying tomorrow on an Air Canada flight to Canada in economy class. Does the United Club membership mean I can access the Air Canada lounge? Any help appreciated.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 5:14 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Welcome to FT, scouser14!

Originally Posted by scouser14
Does the United Club membership mean I can access the Air Canada lounge?
Yes.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 5:14 pm

Yes, but you will need your physical UC membership card if you are not *Gold.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 6:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
I'm a United Club member and am flying tomorrow on an Air Canada flight to Canada in economy class. Does the United Club membership mean I can access the Air Canada lounge? Any help appreciated.
what route are you flying - is it US to Canada?

There are only a handful of MLLs in the US - LAX, EWR and LGA are the ones I know of, not sure if there are any others.

If you’re asking about upon arrival in Canada, while your club membership will get you in if you can access the departures area where the MLL is, if arriving from the US or another international destination, you’ll clear customs and unless you are connecting, you won’t have access to the departure area.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 6:14 pm

Originally Posted by emcampbe

what route are you flying - is it US to Canada?

There are only a handful of MLLs in the US - LAX, EWR and LGA are the ones I know of, not sure if there are any others.

If you’re asking about upon arrival in Canada, while your club membership will get you in if you can access the departures area where the MLL is, if arriving from the US or another international destination, you’ll clear customs and unless you are connecting, you won’t have access to the departure area.
good point! I'm flying out of LAX so it's the one there in terminal 6 I was asking about. Plus we have a several hour layover in Calgary so using it there would be a huge bonus too Thanks.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 6:16 pm

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
we have a several hour layover in Calgary
What's your destination? The only MLL at YYC is in Concourse C, which covers most domestic and international departures, but not U.S. transborder flights.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 7:08 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA 1K>Plat>moving to Silver
good point! I'm flying out of LAX so it's the one there in terminal 6 I was asking about. Plus we have a several hour layover in Calgary so using it there would be a huge bonus too Thanks.
Yes at least as to LAX, and it is not posh, but quite nice. Better than the UC clubs. It is near the Alaska lounge, which I used to visit until they dropped PP.

The loungebuddy app will show what you have access to once you input your status, CCs, flight info and the like.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 7:23 pm

Originally Posted by mahasamatman
What's your destination? The only MLL at YYC is in Concourse C, which covers most domestic and international departures, but not U.S. transborder flights.
going to Victoria BC... so I assume based on what you're saying, I should be allowed in with my United Club card?
Old Mar 2, 2019, 7:43 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Artpen100
Yes at least as to LAX, and it is not posh, but quite nice. Better than the UC clubs.
Better than UC LAX? That's debatable.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.