Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Non-UA / partner Lounge Access Rules for United Club members

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 20, 2018, 11:02 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Lounge Access Policy - Star Alliance - Star Alliance
Paid Lounge Membership Customers
As holder of an eligible Paid Lounge Membership, you have access to any Star Alliance member airline’s Business Class Lounge* at the airport where your flight departs. Eligible paid memberships are United Club and Air Canada Maple Leaf Club – Worldwide.

You will need to show your boarding pass for a Star Alliance member airline operated flight together with your valid paid lounge membership card, displaying the Star Alliance Lounge Logo.

You are entitled to bring one guest travelling on any Star Alliance flight departing from the same airport on the same day.

*Not applicable at SQ SilverKris Lounge (Business Class) in Singapore, AC Signature Suite and UA Polaris Lounges
UC Members do not get access to the Star Alliance lounges located in Buenos Aires (EZE), Los Angeles (LAX), Nagoya (NGO), Paris (CDG), Rio de Janeiro (GIG), Rome (FCO), Amsterdam (AMS) and Sao Paulo (GRU). (Appears access is now permitting -- since 2020??)

Family access is not valid for partner lounges

Physical members card is required for entry (appears UA is saying virtual, app card is sufficient for *A lounges)

Lounge Information - Star Alliance - Star Alliance
Search using
United Club for Paid Membership under the dropdown list, for airport specific lounges that gives you access.

What if I am also a *G?
You can enter a partner lounge as *G (Star Alliance Gold) or as a UC Member but not as both. You will be limited to +1 guest even if *G and also UC/ML membership, Benefits do not stack.
In the case of those partners with a *G lounge and a Business lounge (Such as LH), your *G status will get you into the better *G lounge while the UC membership provides access to just the Business Lounge.

List of partner related lounges accessible via the club card

USA Lounges with UA *G Access When Flying Domestic
Does United Club Membership Give Access to * Gold Lounges in the USA?

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2013, 6:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: MP Silver, HH

Going on a trip and have multiple stop, LHR,NRT,BBk and Malaysia , I have the united club card with gives me access to united clubs , I received the separate card with the silver logo( star alliance) , I've heard some stories of ppl not being able access some star alliance longues around the world with this , is that true?? Thanks
Old Aug 14, 2013, 8:51 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Exploralist, Marriot Silver
There is an actual United Club in NRT that you'll have access to. The other airports only have Star Alliance lounges, which you do not have access to.

edit: I'm wrong

Last edited by SFOPhD; Aug 14, 2013 at 11:55 pm Reason: incorrect
Old Aug 14, 2013, 11:11 pm

Programs: AA Plat, CX Silver
That card gains you access to *A business lounges. I've used it in BOM and FRA with no issues.

Whether or not the agent believes you is another question.
Old Aug 14, 2013, 11:54 pm

Originally Posted by SFOPhD
The other airports only have Star Alliance lounges, which you do not have access to.
Originally Posted by txflyer77
That card gains you access to *A business lounges. I've used it in BOM and FRA with no issues.

Whether or not the agent believes you is another question.
Bleh, I was wrong, and txflyer is correct. Since you are a paid United Club member, you'll get access to Star Alliance lounges.

More here:
http://www.staralliance.com/en/benef...access-policy/

Be certain, however, to bring your actual United Club membership card and not just your credit card.
Old Aug 15, 2013, 12:20 am
Original Poster

Yes I have the united club card membership card. I am departing from LHR-SIN from terminal 3 which I believe has a AC/SAS and a SilverKris longue I thinnnnnnnk bought with *A logo , since I get there in the A.M. And have a13hr layover which one wouLd be the best to take a shower and breakfast . And thanks for your replies.
Old Aug 15, 2013, 12:50 am

Originally Posted by Daddyblitz
Yes I have the united club card membership card. I am departing from LHR-SIN from terminal 3 which I believe has a AC/SAS and a SilverKris longue I thinnnnnnnk bought with *A logo , since I get there in the A.M. And have a13hr layover which one wouLd be the best to take a shower and breakfast . And thanks for your replies.
Discussed here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...athrow-t3.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/star-...ge-lhr-t3.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/star-...ge-choice.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/star-...ce-lounge.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/star-...minal-3-a.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/u-k-i...love-best.html
Old Aug 15, 2013, 1:00 am

Programs: UA 2MM/*A Gold, Alaska MVP Gold, WN A-List, Hertz Platinum, IHG Platinum
Since you didn't mention CoS, if you're flying in Y, you'll get access to the Singapore SATS Premier Lounge. It is the default *A Gold Lounge. It is crap. Doesn't have showers, limited food/bev options and more like a closet IMHO. On the other hand, if you're flying C on any *A, utilize the SilverKris Business Lounge. It is glorious. Has showers, amazing food spread for Westerners and Asians alike. It will practically change your life. SQ can be stubborn about letting you in and will sometimes 'invite you to SATS *Gold Lounge' claiming that their Biz Lounge is full and can only accommodate SQ pax.
Old Aug 15, 2013, 4:13 am
Original Poster

I just found out there is an actual STAR ALLIANCE lounge in terminal 1. I am arrival in terminal 4. Would that be a better option...
Old Aug 15, 2013, 8:36 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator action

Thread transferred to UA forum because question pertains to the United Club membership which is bundled with the credit card.
Old Sep 9, 2013, 4:55 pm

lufthansa lounge access with UA club card

We flew back on 9/7/13 from muc to sfo with Lufthansa economy. Went to the Lufthansa lounge that has both the Business & the Senator lounges. Showed the lounge attendants my UA club card along with our boarding passes. They scanned the passes and the card and we proceeded to go to the business lounge but they directed us into the Senator Lounge instead!! We only have UA silver status. Guess that's not the norm but I'm not complaining...
Old Sep 9, 2013, 5:04 pm

sounds like you lucked out... I've only been in the SEN lounges, but they are some of my favs.
Old Sep 9, 2013, 7:40 pm

I have a UA lounge membership as well, but as far as I understand it only allows me access to UA lounges as well as US lounges. Surprised that LH honored the membership. I know NH at NRT does not. I am *G, but also am in C generally, so access to he LH and NH lounge is never an issue.
Old Sep 9, 2013, 7:52 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by EXLEFTSEAT
I have a UA lounge membership as well, but as far as I understand it only allows me access to UA lounges as well as US lounges.
Nah. It also includes access to designated "business lounges" of *A partners. There should be an appropriate *A logo on your UC card.
Old Sep 9, 2013, 7:56 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K MM; BA Silver; Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by mgcsinc
Nah. It also includes access to designated "business lounges" of *A partners. There should be an appropriate *A logo on your UC card.
Correct, provided you are flying on a *A flight.
Old Sep 9, 2013, 8:00 pm

Originally Posted by mgcsinc
Wow, that's news to me. Seems one can learn something new every day at FT. Where can I read up about that?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.