Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Non-UA / partner Lounge Access Rules for United Club members

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 20, 2018, 11:02 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Lounge Access Policy - Star Alliance - Star Alliance
Paid Lounge Membership Customers
As holder of an eligible Paid Lounge Membership, you have access to any Star Alliance member airline’s Business Class Lounge* at the airport where your flight departs. Eligible paid memberships are United Club and Air Canada Maple Leaf Club – Worldwide.

You will need to show your boarding pass for a Star Alliance member airline operated flight together with your valid paid lounge membership card, displaying the Star Alliance Lounge Logo.

You are entitled to bring one guest travelling on any Star Alliance flight departing from the same airport on the same day.

*Not applicable at SQ SilverKris Lounge (Business Class) in Singapore, AC Signature Suite and UA Polaris Lounges
UC Members do not get access to the Star Alliance lounges located in Buenos Aires (EZE), Los Angeles (LAX), Nagoya (NGO), Paris (CDG), Rio de Janeiro (GIG), Rome (FCO), Amsterdam (AMS) and Sao Paulo (GRU). (Appears access is now permitting -- since 2020??)

Family access is not valid for partner lounges

Physical members card is required for entry (appears UA is saying virtual, app card is sufficient for *A lounges)

Lounge Information - Star Alliance - Star Alliance
Search using
United Club for Paid Membership under the dropdown list, for airport specific lounges that gives you access.

What if I am also a *G?
You can enter a partner lounge as *G (Star Alliance Gold) or as a UC Member but not as both. You will be limited to +1 guest even if *G and also UC/ML membership, Benefits do not stack.
In the case of those partners with a *G lounge and a Business lounge (Such as LH), your *G status will get you into the better *G lounge while the UC membership provides access to just the Business Lounge.

List of partner related lounges accessible via the club card

USA Lounges with UA *G Access When Flying Domestic
Does United Club Membership Give Access to * Gold Lounges in the USA?

Print Wikipost

Non-UA / partner Lounge Access Rules for United Club members

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2013, 8:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EXP, AA-0.41MM, UA-Gold, Ex UA-1K (2006 thru 2015), PMUA-0.95MM, COUA-1.5MM-lite, AF-Silver
Originally Posted by EXLEFTSEAT
Wow, that's news to me. Seems one can learn something new every day at FT. Where can I read up about that?
http://www.united.com/web/en-US/cont...ge/access.aspx

I know NH at NRT does not. I am *G, but also am in C generally, so access to he LH and NH lounge is never an issue.
Well then NH is in violation of *A and their own policies:

http://www.ana.co.jp/wws/us/e/asw_co...de/lounge/nrt/

5. Star Alliance Member Carriers' Paid Lounge Membership customers on ANA and/or Star Alliance member carrier operated flights and one accompanying guest per customer.
A UC membership is a lot of money to spend and then be denied by an airline MOLA.

Last edited by mre5765; Sep 9, 2013 at 8:32 pm
Old Sep 9, 2013, 8:26 pm

Programs: United GS 1.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold
With a UC membership, you get *A lounge access when travelling on a same day *A ticket.
Old Sep 10, 2013, 9:37 am

Programs: Airline FF: UA 1K, DL, US, AA, NW,
SilverKris Access at SIN Question

I've got upcoming flight to SIN (NRT-SIN) then quick turn the same day arrival/departure in am (SIN-NRT).

I'm arriving BF (GPU upgrade) on NRT-SIN (UA flight). Currently I'm waitlisted SIN-NRT (UA flight) in Y.

I've got the United Club card but this does not apply to the SilverKris lounges to my knowledge.

Will I be able to get into the SilverKris Lounge with BF arrival even if my departure is waitlisted BF (i.e. my boarding pass would show Economy, if I printed it before arrival)? I believe this is the T3 arrival/departure.

Thanks for any help!

Last edited by hhmorgan; Sep 10, 2013 at 9:39 am Reason: added that arrival and departure are UA flights
Old Sep 10, 2013, 9:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EXP, AA-0.41MM, UA-Gold, Ex UA-1K (2006 thru 2015), PMUA-0.95MM, COUA-1.5MM-lite, AF-Silver
Originally Posted by hhmorgan
I've got upcoming flight to SIN (NRT-SIN) then quick turn the same day arrival/departure in am (SIN-NRT).

I'm arriving BF (GPU upgrade) on NRT-SIN (UA flight). Currently I'm waitlisted SIN-NRT (UA flight) in Y.

I've got the United Club card but this does not apply to the SilverKris lounges to my knowledge.

Will I be able to get into the SilverKris Lounge with BF arrival even if my departure is waitlisted BF (i.e. my boarding pass would show Economy, if I printed it before arrival)? I believe this is the T3 arrival/departure.

Thanks for any help!
Non UC members who are UA pax are directed to use the SATS contract lounge at SIN. That applies to BF, and Premier Gold and higher. Your 1K status will get you into the contract lounge when you depart, but you will require a lounge invitation from the check in desk.

UC members who fly on a *A flight can use the TG Royal Silk lounge. I never tried it; I go where UA directs me.

All this info is available from united.com as the launch point.

Last edited by mre5765; Sep 10, 2013 at 9:50 am
Old Sep 10, 2013, 10:43 am

Programs: Airline FF: UA 1K, DL, US, AA, NW,
Talking SilverKris at SIN doing same day turn?

Originally Posted by mre5765
Non UC members who are UA pax are directed to use the SATS contract lounge at SIN. That applies to BF, and Premier Gold and higher. Your 1K status will get you into the contract lounge when you depart, but you will require a lounge invitation from the check in desk.

UC members who fly on a *A flight can use the TG Royal Silk lounge. I never tried it; I go where UA directs me.

All this info is available from united.com as the launch point.
Thanks but I did get the united.com launch point info. United Club==>StarAlliance Lounges==>LoungeFinder which produces the following:

Now I don't always go where I'm told , I go where I'm allowed ^. Because as we all know - negotiating the "rules" is hazardous at best.

But what I'm not entirely sure of above is when arriving BF (and not leaving airside) can I get access. If I clear the SIN-NRT to BF I will have the BP (if it's not done at the gate).

Anybody's experience on this?
Old Sep 10, 2013, 5:57 pm

Originally Posted by littlegreenmen
sounds like you lucked out... I've only been in the SEN lounges, but they are some of my favs.
I've been in numerous SEN lounges and a few Business lounges. As far as I can tell, at least in Germany they are the same except SEN tends to be less crowded. An I missing something? Also in IAD the showers are in the Business lounge, not the SEN lounge.
Old Sep 10, 2013, 5:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
IME, SEN has more/better food.
Old Sep 10, 2013, 8:50 pm

Programs: United GS 1.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold

Thanks for any help!
the designated *G lounge in SIN is the Krisflyer Gold Lounge inbetween the UA SATS lounge and the SilverKris Lounge. You can only use the SilverKris lounge if you are ticketed in businessfirst. Otherwise your *G benefits will get you into the KF Gold lounge. UA will also give you a lounge invitation to the UA SATs one which is a contracted lounge and imo the same quality as the KF gold one.
Old Sep 11, 2013, 1:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: MP Silver, HH
Wow, that's news to me. Seems one can learn something new every day at FT. Where can I read up about that?
That is correct, I entered the Singapore longue in London with membership card and boarding pass, read it up on Star alliance website^
Old Sep 11, 2013, 4:40 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, UA Silver, AA Gold
The UC card got me into Asiana's lounge in ICN a couple times.
Old Sep 11, 2013, 6:11 pm

Programs: UA 1K, FPC Premier

Thanks for any help!
With the UC card flying in Y you can use the KrisFlyer Gold Lounge or the SATS contract lounge (both are similar, food + couches, no showers.) If you are lucky enough to get the upgrade to C, then use the SilverKris Lounge next door which is a huuuuuge step up.

Good luck, and safe travels!
Old Nov 19, 2015, 9:09 pm

Any recent updates to accessing clubs around Asia with just a United Club membership but not *G status? Per the Star Alliance website this should just require a same-day *A boarding pass but for example the new ANA website does not seem to acknowledge any paid membership programs besides their own which isn't all that surprising since the only two paid memberships are the UC and the Maple Leaf Lounge memberships:

http://www.ana.co.jp/share/reference..._e.html#status

Also any recent experiences for the HKG SilverKris/Thai or TPE Eva lounges?
Old Nov 19, 2015, 9:20 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Lurker1999
Any recent updates to accessing clubs around Asia with just a United Club membership but not *G status? Per the Star Alliance website this should just require a same-day *A boarding pass but for example the new ANA website does not seem to acknowledge any paid membership programs besides their own which isn't all that surprising since the only two paid memberships are the UC and the Maple Leaf Lounge memberships:

http://www.ana.co.jp/share/reference..._e.html#status

Also any recent experiences for the HKG SilverKris/Thai or TPE Eva lounges?
If the lounge is *A Gold lounge the UC membership will work per http://www1.staralliance.com/en/bene...access-policy/
Old Nov 20, 2015, 7:33 am

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
I'm UA *G. My wife is usually *S with UC. Neither has problems guesting the other into lounges. Aside from LH, they both seem the same.
Old Feb 2, 2016, 4:15 pm

United Club Paid member (mileage plus credit card) and maple leaf lounge

Hi,

I am a united club member (by using the mileage plus club credit card - $450 annual fee one - ).

My question is, will I be able to use the Maple Leaf Lounge in YVR (Vancouver)? I will be traveling there soon. Anyone every tried accessing the Maple Leaf Lounge with the united club card (from the mileage plus club credit card)?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.