Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Non-UA / partner Lounge Access Rules for United Club members

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 20, 2018, 11:02 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Lounge Access Policy - Star Alliance - Star Alliance
Paid Lounge Membership Customers
As holder of an eligible Paid Lounge Membership, you have access to any Star Alliance member airline’s Business Class Lounge* at the airport where your flight departs. Eligible paid memberships are United Club and Air Canada Maple Leaf Club – Worldwide.

You will need to show your boarding pass for a Star Alliance member airline operated flight together with your valid paid lounge membership card, displaying the Star Alliance Lounge Logo.

You are entitled to bring one guest travelling on any Star Alliance flight departing from the same airport on the same day.

*Not applicable at SQ SilverKris Lounge (Business Class) in Singapore, AC Signature Suite and UA Polaris Lounges
UC Members do not get access to the Star Alliance lounges located in Buenos Aires (EZE), Los Angeles (LAX), Nagoya (NGO), Paris (CDG), Rio de Janeiro (GIG), Rome (FCO), Amsterdam (AMS) and Sao Paulo (GRU). (Appears access is now permitting -- since 2020??)

Family access is not valid for partner lounges

Physical members card is required for entry (appears UA is saying virtual, app card is sufficient for *A lounges)

Lounge Information - Star Alliance - Star Alliance
Search using
United Club for Paid Membership under the dropdown list, for airport specific lounges that gives you access.

What if I am also a *G?
You can enter a partner lounge as *G (Star Alliance Gold) or as a UC Member but not as both. You will be limited to +1 guest even if *G and also UC/ML membership, Benefits do not stack.
In the case of those partners with a *G lounge and a Business lounge (Such as LH), your *G status will get you into the better *G lounge while the UC membership provides access to just the Business Lounge.

List of partner related lounges accessible via the club card

USA Lounges with UA *G Access When Flying Domestic
Does United Club Membership Give Access to * Gold Lounges in the USA?

Print Wikipost

Non-UA / partner Lounge Access Rules for United Club members

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2018, 2:47 pm

Originally Posted by JimInOhio
My most recent experience is at the MLL at YYZ. The lounge agent said the UC card is not needed as my membership is encoded in my UA BP. She scanned my BP (for an economy seat) and said I was all set. Maybe *A has gone to some uniform system to verify club memberships?
You are not *A Gold right?
Old Oct 15, 2018, 2:59 pm

Programs: UA MM
Originally Posted by Comp4k
You are not *A Gold right?
I am *A Gold. I must have overlooked that I have access that way, even in Economy, and the MLL rep might not have explained it right (or I wasn't paying attention).
Old Oct 15, 2018, 3:45 pm

rep probably saw the *Gold on your BP.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 12:43 am

Programs: United MileagePlus Silver, Marriott Platinum
Which lounges in TPE wanted the physical card? I’m heading there next week and like you only have the digital card.
I used SQ lounge with only digital UC membership card without any problem.

I used BR lounge twice (2 separate trips). First time I was admitted with only digital UC membership card (morning), 2nd time (night) the agents demanded to see the actual physical card. The funny thing was that those EVA agents really only wanted to see the *A symbol on the physical card, they didn't scan it, swipe it or even bother to look at the exp date. *A symbol was literally all they cared about. And for what it's worth, the digital UC membership does not have *A symbol on it.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 12:51 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by ttniu
.... And for what it's worth, the digital UC membership does not have *A symbol on it.
Mine does with the words Star Alliance Lounge
Old Oct 16, 2018, 9:38 am

Originally Posted by ttniu
I used SQ lounge with only digital UC membership card without any problem.

I used BR lounge twice (2 separate trips). First time I was admitted with only digital UC membership card (morning), 2nd time (night) the agents demanded to see the actual physical card. The funny thing was that those EVA agents really only wanted to see the *A symbol on the physical card, they didn't scan it, swipe it or even bother to look at the exp date. *A symbol was literally all they cared about. And for what it's worth, the digital UC membership does not have *A symbol on it.

Thanks, very good to know. I've been to the BR lounge before via *A Gold but no longer have status. Will try the SQ lounge if BR denies me- and will have PP lounges as a backup.

Yea my digital card only says United Club, and the UA logo at the bottom left.

On the star alliance website it does specifically state "You will need to show your boarding pass for a star alliance member airline operated flight together with your valid paid lounge membership card, displaying the star alliance lounge logo"
Old Oct 16, 2018, 10:56 am

TK in IST seems to require the physical card (may be hit or miss...)
Old Oct 16, 2018, 11:14 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
.... On the star alliance website it does specifically state "You will need to show your boarding pass for a star alliance member airline operated flight together with your valid paid lounge membership card, displaying the star alliance lounge logo"
And your digital UC card does not have the "star alliance logo?"

image from my Samsung S6 Android UA app
Old Oct 16, 2018, 11:18 am

Programs: UA MM
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
And your digital UC card does not have the "star alliance logo?"

image from my Samsung S6 Android UA app
That's interesting. Mine does not have the Star Alliance Lounge logo though it appears to be identical in every other way.

edit: Mine is on the iOS app, not Android.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 11:52 am

Normally your status is already on the boarding pass, so no need to show the card. However, when I just made Gold, there was a delay propagating the status to partners, and partners boarding passes were still showing Silver. I was able to show the digital card on the United app, to get to a partner club. If you tap the digital card, it flips to the other side with the bar-code. And the club bar-code reader can read it just as well as a physical card.

HTH
Old Oct 16, 2018, 11:54 am

I'm also on iOS, I'll have to login to an android phone to see if its the same.

Old Oct 16, 2018, 7:17 pm

Programs: United MileagePlus Silver, Marriott Platinum
Very interesting. Like everyone above, my digital UC membership card also lacks *A logo. I too use iOS. Not sure if it is an iOS vs Android thing.

When I spoke to a UC customer service rep a couple of months ago, I was told eventually United would transition to digital UC membership card only.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 8:33 pm

Well confirmed it’s an iOS .vs Android thing.

Wonder if I can use my screenshot on an Android to get in haha.

Last edited by Comp4k; Oct 16, 2018 at 8:36 pm Reason: Typo
Old Oct 17, 2018, 12:42 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Check out what mine says:

Pretty sure this is new.
Old Oct 17, 2018, 12:48 am

All my cards say that too regardless of iOS or android

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.