Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Non-UA / partner Lounge Access Rules for United Club members

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 20, 2018, 11:02 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Lounge Access Policy - Star Alliance - Star Alliance
Paid Lounge Membership Customers
As holder of an eligible Paid Lounge Membership, you have access to any Star Alliance member airline’s Business Class Lounge* at the airport where your flight departs. Eligible paid memberships are United Club and Air Canada Maple Leaf Club – Worldwide.

You will need to show your boarding pass for a Star Alliance member airline operated flight together with your valid paid lounge membership card, displaying the Star Alliance Lounge Logo.

You are entitled to bring one guest travelling on any Star Alliance flight departing from the same airport on the same day.

*Not applicable at SQ SilverKris Lounge (Business Class) in Singapore, AC Signature Suite and UA Polaris Lounges
UC Members do not get access to the Star Alliance lounges located in Buenos Aires (EZE), Los Angeles (LAX), Nagoya (NGO), Paris (CDG), Rio de Janeiro (GIG), Rome (FCO), Amsterdam (AMS) and Sao Paulo (GRU). (Appears access is now permitting -- since 2020??)

Family access is not valid for partner lounges

Physical members card is required for entry (appears UA is saying virtual, app card is sufficient for *A lounges)

Lounge Information - Star Alliance - Star Alliance
Search using
United Club for Paid Membership under the dropdown list, for airport specific lounges that gives you access.

What if I am also a *G?
You can enter a partner lounge as *G (Star Alliance Gold) or as a UC Member but not as both. You will be limited to +1 guest even if *G and also UC/ML membership, Benefits do not stack.
In the case of those partners with a *G lounge and a Business lounge (Such as LH), your *G status will get you into the better *G lounge while the UC membership provides access to just the Business Lounge.

List of partner related lounges accessible via the club card

USA Lounges with UA *G Access When Flying Domestic
Does United Club Membership Give Access to * Gold Lounges in the USA?

Print Wikipost

Non-UA / partner Lounge Access Rules for United Club members

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2019, 1:30 pm

Programs: United Plat, SPG/Marriott/Hyatt Gold
Originally Posted by PTahCha
If you are UA Platinum, you can just use your boarding pass for either United Club or ANA Business Class Lounge (entry via your *G status, not through club membership).
Thanks -- you are right but I actually don't have status right now. I probably need to update my profile on here from a few years ago LOL.

I also just saw that the United Club at NRT is in Terminal 1, which is where I think the ANA flight will depart from. So maybe I can just use the United Lounge rather than ANA....
Old Nov 20, 2019, 3:21 pm

The NH lounge (main, not satellite) is better than UA, you can search this forum for reviews (nh section or Japan section)

That saying,the NH lounge accepts mobile UA *G card (newly minted gold, printed boarding pass had UA FF number but still silver), but the agent had to call someone else to verify # and status. They did not scan mobile *G card

They also didn't like UA mobile boarding pass (which had valid *G details). They manually typed in the PNR in their computer to confirm, did not scan mobile pass (they do
accept/scann printed boarding pass with no issues)

Looks like their system doesn't like mobile bar codes

I suspect that it will work if you bring a mobile UC card, though they'll have to call someone else to confirm
Old Nov 20, 2019, 3:30 pm

Programs: UA Plat | *G
The NRT United Club is located near gate 31 and accessible to ANA departures for the gates in satellites 3, 4, and 5 though the walk to the 50’s can be long, give yourself a few extra minutes before boarding. I haven’t walked out to satellite 1 or 2. The time I was there they confirmed access was with the Club Card after scanning BP.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 6:17 pm

Programs: Coffee Shop Buy 10 Get 1 Free
Somewhat off topic but am I crazy here? Based on *A lounge access rules a paid club membership (my United Club membership) should gain me access to *A partner lounges with a same day *A boarding pass?

Normally fly international in business class thanks to employer, but on a personal vacation here and Asiana lounge at Gimpo wouldn’t admit me or wife with my physical UC card and OZ boarding pass. Flying economy and just UA Silver here
Old Nov 20, 2019, 7:04 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by DG206
Somewhat off topic but am I crazy here? Based on *A lounge access rules a paid club membership (my United Club membership) should gain me access to *A partner lounges with a same day *A boarding pass? ...
same day *A departure boarding pass

As holder of an eligible Paid Lounge Membership, you have access to any Star Alliance member airline’s Business Class Lounge* at the airport where your flight departs. Eligible paid memberships are United Club and Air Canada Maple Leaf Club – Worldwide.

You will need to show your boarding pass for a Star Alliance member airline operated flight together with your valid paid lounge membership card, displaying the Star Alliance Lounge Logo.

You are entitled to bring one guest travelling on any Star Alliance flight departing from the same airport on the same day.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 7:06 pm

Programs: Coffee Shop Buy 10 Get 1 Free
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
same day *A departure boarding pass
yeah, was GMP-CJU on OZ. Lady was pretty rude about it too
Old Dec 18, 2019, 2:24 pm

United Club Credit Card Lounge Access Question

I recently acquired the Chase United Club credit card and, in the mail today, I received the MileagePlus United Club card and have a couple of questions:

1.The back of the United Club membership card references partner lounges. Where can I view a list of partner lounges where I will be granted access to?
2. How many guests am I allowed to bring?
3. Do I need to present the physical United Club card that they mailed me or will my access be linked to my ticket/Mileage Plus number?

Thank you!
Old Dec 18, 2019, 2:38 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH Gold, Mariott Gold
Originally Posted by ContinentalSilver11
1.The back of the United Club membership card references partner lounges. Where can I view a list of partner lounges where I will be granted access to?
Here is the UA list: https://www.united.com/en/us/fly/tra...locations.html and here is the *A lounge finder: https://www.staralliance.com/lounge-finder

2. How many guests am I allowed to bring?
2 into United Clubs (or spouse and dependent children) I *think* 1 guest into partner lounges... But I could VERY well be wrong on this.

3. Do I need to present the physical United Club card that they mailed me or will my access be linked to my ticket/Mileage Plus number?
Yes it *should* be linked for UC access, but you should have the physical card to access partner lounges
Old Dec 18, 2019, 2:40 pm

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
... 1.The back of the United Club membership card references partner lounges. Where can I view a list of partner lounges where I will be granted access to?
You have access to all *A Business Class Lounges (but not LH Senator lounge for example) worldwide (including USA)
To check by airport use *A Lounge Finder
...2. How many guests am I allowed to bring? ...
For partner lounges, 1 guest that must like you be departing that airport on an *A flight, BPs required for all
3. Do I need to present the physical United Club card that they mailed me or will my access be linked to my ticket/Mileage Plus number? ...
For partner lounges, physical UC Membership card required, many will decline the digitial card in the UA app (which states it is only good for UCs)
Old Dec 18, 2019, 2:48 pm

OK, thank you. To just confirm, I am able to admit myself plus two other adults with this United Club membership card?
Old Dec 18, 2019, 2:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
You have access to all *A Business Class Lounges (but not LH Senator lounge for example) worldwide (including USA)
No access to SKL SIN, which is a business class only lounge.
Old Dec 18, 2019, 2:54 pm

OK, thank you. To just confirm, I am able to admit myself plus two other adults with this United Club membership card?
Only at UCs (operated by United) at partner lounges it is just 1.
Old Dec 23, 2019, 10:14 am

Programs: UA
Confusion about *A lounge access with UA Club Card

Hey all. I feel like I am reading conflicting and incomplete information on this. I'm sure the answer is simple so here is my questions:

I'm UA 1k w/ the club card. Flying through EWR tomorrow and have 5 hours to kill before my flight to FRA on UA metal and I want to explore the *A lounges in B. If I have interpreted the rules correctly, my 1k *A gold status wouldn't let me access them, but my Club membership card should since I have an outbound boarding pass on a *A flight (UA metal though), correct? I am getting confused by some wordings suggesting if it's a UA flight you are restricted to only UA lounges, but I thought I've read posts where people have successfully gotten into the Senator lounges etc. in EWR.

I do have the physical UA club membership card on me as well.

I appreciate any clarification!
Old Dec 23, 2019, 10:19 am

Programs: UA-1K MM, AA-Gold, DL-Silver, AS-MVP
Your *G should get you into LH and SK lounges in Terminal B. Whether or not the extra hassle and time to get there and re-clear security etc. is worth it or not is another question.

See thread: Access to LH Lounge at EWR
Old Dec 23, 2019, 10:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Your 1K <*Gold> gives access. No need to pull the card out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.