Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2012 Global Entry fee refund - Plat and 1K [new credit process as of 27 Jul 2012]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2012 Global Entry fee refund - Plat and 1K [new credit process as of 27 Jul 2012]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2012, 3:33 pm
Ari
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Would you prefer, no clear evidence of improved priority for those that otherwise qualify as an airline FFer (which includes most everyone in this forum).
I don't kow about evidence, but TSA does say you may find that get it more often as a CBP TT member. By using the word "more", they might mean that you are less likely to get randomly denied when coupled with your frequent flier history, but that GE alone still has its own rules. Who knows.
Old Aug 4, 2012, 4:31 pm

Programs: BA Gold, UA Nobody, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by kenn0223
UA will reimburse 1Ks for Global Entry.
Plats and 1Ks, and it's no longer reimbursement, they give you a single use credit card number to use on the GOES website.
Old Aug 4, 2012, 4:32 pm

Programs: UA Pt, Marriott Ti, Hertz PC
So initially, there was nothing available at ORD until October. Just checked and August/September are now WIDE OPEN. Guess I'll be having my interview a little earlier than I had initially planned!
Old Aug 7, 2012, 2:32 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

My Timeline...

7/30/12 pm- Requested for my personal code via UA.com
8/1/12 pm- After realizing that UA's system was having a little issue processing the notification email for when the code is ready, so I went to UA.com and my code was there. I did the GOES application that night.
8/7/12 pm- Received conditional approval and scheduled my interview at EWR on Aug 18th at noon.

FWIW, for NYC based customers or those connecting via EWR, Aug 18th is WIDE open.
Old Aug 7, 2012, 4:14 pm
Former user name: laundrian

Programs: Moderator: Traveling with Jewelry, UA GS, Starwood
HELP !!!

I went on United a few weeks ago to see how I could sign up for GE and get a travel credits from UA. The old way told me to go ahead and pay with my own CC then go back and email them for travel credits. Well that's exactly what I did. When I went back to find the email ([email protected]), I noticed the system has changed to issuing the credit card as we all know now.

I have been approved by GE, sent the screen shot receipts to that email address United provided. I call GS/1K desk to ask for help about GE and the agent started to lecture me on "global service". He has no idea what Global entry is and had to put me on hold. He came back with out a clue.

Is there anyway for me to contact United or someone I should talk to ?? Sure I paid for it, can I give the code (credit card) to another person?? I am sure I am not the only one with this problem.
Old Aug 7, 2012, 4:28 pm

Programs: AA Plat, IHG Plat, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Hertz Gold
How long ago did you send the e-mail? It takes a few weeks for them to respond and post the travel bank credits.
Old Aug 7, 2012, 4:32 pm

Programs: UA Pt, Marriott Ti, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by ArtfullyUrs
HELP !!!

I went on United a few weeks ago to see how I could sign up for GE and get a travel credits from UA. The old way told me to go ahead and pay with my own CC then go back and email them for travel credits. Well that's exactly what I did. When I went back to find the email ([email protected]), I noticed the system has changed to issuing the credit card as we all know now.

I have been approved by GE, sent the screen shot receipts to that email address United provided. I call GS/1K desk to ask for help about GE and the agent started to lecture me on "global service". He has no idea what Global entry is and had to put me on hold. He came back with out a clue.

Is there anyway for me to contact United or someone I should talk to ?? Sure I paid for it, can I give the code (credit card) to another person?? I am sure I am not the only one with this problem.
Did you check your TravelBank balance to see if it's been credited with $100? Go to My Account and look in the green box under the first orange summary box on the left.
Old Aug 7, 2012, 8:17 pm

Programs: DL-Platinum / AS-PlatPro / Hyatt - Glob / Hilton-Diamond
HELP !!!

I used this "old" method only about 2 weeks ago.
I had an auto-reply email the next day.
The $100 credit was in my Travel Bank about a week later.
So, in my case, the transition to the new system didn't affect my being reimbursed via the old system.
Old Aug 7, 2012, 9:59 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Marriott Gold
ORD had plenty of slots over the next few weeks, but the CBP officer told me that they had just released those and that they were otherwise booked until October. So, if you're planning on doing it and going to ORD, better sign up now. The hardest part of the whole process was trying to figure out how to get out of the terminal back to the parking lot.
Old Aug 7, 2012, 10:10 pm
Company Representative, United Airlines

HELP !!!

Hi ArtfullyUrs, in this case, you can still follow the "old" procedures to submit via [email protected] for Travel Bank credit. If you have any trouble, please let us know.

Shannon
Old Aug 9, 2012, 2:08 am
Former user name: laundrian

Programs: Moderator: Traveling with Jewelry, UA GS, Starwood
Thank YOU
I got an auto reply from UA and just waiting for the travel Credits.
Old Aug 9, 2012, 8:59 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hertz 5*, HH Diamond
Tried to walk-in at LAX (have appointment later this month), no luck. He said they could fit me in only if there was a cancellation and that I could wait, but no guarantee. I knew it was a long shot, especially since I had a small time window. At least I know where to go for my appointment.
Old Aug 13, 2012, 7:42 pm

Programs: UA Gold, CO Plat, CO Million Miler
Originally Posted by luv2ctheworld
Technically the application process and charging mechanism doesn't know the difference between who the person is and who is sponsoring the charges.

The only thing I can think of is when it comes down to reconciling the charge codes UA sent out vs. what was redeemed, it is obviously linked to the name of the applicant with the unique charge code.

Whether UA will go and verify that is the question.

But if they do, is it worth your brother's status (and yours) to be in jeopardy? It clearly is meant for 1K and their own account.
I inadvertently used my wife's credit card info and vice versa. Went thru anyway.
Old Aug 13, 2012, 8:54 pm

Programs: UA Global Services, HH Diamond
Quick Credit

I applied for Global Entry back in the spring and got it relatively quickly...but I kept forgetting to send in the letter to United. Reminders of the new way to register triggered me to finally email in my receipt last week. I got the automated email response soon after I sent the receipt...and the credit appeared in my TravelBank account in under a week.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 9:28 pm

Programs: Continental
How long does it take for full approval

I have an interview for Nov 3rd, and I am traveling Dec 5th.
I understand from a previous post that the status can change to approved with a couple of hours after the interview.
Is there an actual card that I will need to receive before leaving for my trip?
If so, how quickly does it arrive?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.