Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2012 Global Entry fee refund - Plat and 1K [new credit process as of 27 Jul 2012]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2012 Global Entry fee refund - Plat and 1K [new credit process as of 27 Jul 2012]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2012, 9:37 am

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Global Entry, Priority Pass, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by COSPILOT
Is the sticker important? I just noticed that the officer never added a sticker to mine.
The sticker is important at ORD, as the officers regularly demand to see it. At other airports, it is merely an occasional convenience.
Old Sep 9, 2012, 5:27 pm

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, HHonors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by COSPILOT
Is the sticker important? I just noticed that the officer never added a sticker to mine.
Never been asked about the sticker at SFO in the 4-6 times I used GE there annually.
Old Sep 10, 2012, 8:25 am

Programs: UA 1K MM - AF G – TK G – AZ Ex – Hilton D – Marriott G – IHG P
If you get rejected at the terminals (and I always do because I carry commercial merch) you can hold up your passport with the sticker and it lets you jump the regular line.
Old Sep 10, 2012, 8:33 am

Originally Posted by TomA
If you get rejected at the terminals (and I always do because I carry commercial merch) you can hold up your passport with the sticker and it lets you jump the regular line.
Learned something new, I had no idea that the sticker allowed one to jump the line.

Dan
Old Sep 10, 2012, 10:57 am

Programs: UA 1K MM - AF G – TK G – AZ Ex – Hilton D – Marriott G – IHG P
Originally Posted by dan1431
Learned something new, I had no idea that the sticker allowed one to jump the line.

Dan
Yeah, just walk in front of the ropes to the first officer's queue that you come to. I recommend holding the passport in front of you so that the line hawks can see it. I've noticed that as soon as they see it, I get VIP treatment from the CPB. They sometimes ask the people in line to "step back" for me...

Be prepared for nasty looks from the people who have been waiting for 30 minutes...
Old Sep 12, 2012, 9:54 am

Programs: UA MM | BA Silver
Originally Posted by anc-ord772
(Aug 3) Received conditional approval today. Scheduled an interview for Sep. Best thing, I just have to walk across the street from my office to interview. SHWEET!
Went for the "interview" and was asked three questions: Have you traveled to Canada or Mexico in the past five years, do you travel primarily for work or pleasure, and what do you do?

He only asked for my passport, did the fingerprint thing and that was it. Took less than 5 minutes, and didn't have to watch the video. They took me a few minutes early and another guy at least 20 minutes early. CBP officer looked bored.
Old Sep 13, 2012, 9:23 am

Clarification: Will UA reimburse NEXUS fee?

Hi All,

Just to clarify, will UA reimburse NEXUS fee rather than global entry?
Old Sep 13, 2012, 6:42 pm

Programs: AA
Talking Global Entry

Originally Posted by TomA
How long after you apply does it take to be approved for an interview?
I applied for Global Entry less than a week ago and checked my GOES account for the first time today and had an approval letter and instructions to schedule my interview! HURRAY! I will be using it for the first time in November when I return from Bonaire and then again in December when I return from Mexico. NO MORE LINES! I am pretty excited about it! Well worth the $100 that it cost for 5 years.
Old Sep 17, 2012, 8:52 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Can someone please explain how to sign up for this? On the phone with United Online support and they have no idea. I received an invite email, but no number. The website is so poorly written.
Old Sep 17, 2012, 9:46 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by dlwalt
Can someone please explain how to sign up for this? On the phone with United Online support and they have no idea. I received an invite email, but no number. The website is so poorly written.
To sign up for the GE credit, start at Global Entry™ compensation benefit. The process change a couple months ago, so your email instruction may be for the old approach.

You will receive an credit card like number for payment use on the CBP GOES site
Old Sep 18, 2012, 11:15 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I signed up to receive a Global Entry code last week. No email. Today I got junk email from united inviting me to apply for Global Entry. So I tried again and after entering MP # and PWD got:
Your personalized code is not ready yet.
Thank you for your request. Your code is taking longer than usual
to be generated. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Old Sep 19, 2012, 12:18 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold
"interview" experience

Thanks to the info from you all on this thread, I told my mom about this program - she is United 1K based in San Diego. She just emailed me about her "interview" experience today:

So I make the 45 minute trip to Otay Mesa border crossing, wait for a 9:30am appointment (they call me on the minute!) - then find that I am "next in line" for the interview following everyone that showed up for the same thing WITHOUT an appointment...nine people! So I try to keep quiet...wait another half hour, watching people get called into the back room...my name is called to come to a side desk...he has me sign a form. I say "can you anticipate how much longer for my interview?" He says "You just had it. The passport is all coded. You can use it today."

I'm sure the minor inconvienince will turn into a major convienience as she sails past lines during her international travel. Thanks again, Flyertalk! ^
Old Oct 1, 2012, 5:11 pm

Programs: UA 1K, MM
Here's my timing so far:

- 9/19 Request to United for code
- 9/21 Email from UA with link to code
- 9/22 Filled out (tedious) forms at GOES website
- 10/1 Conditional approval. Can schedule interview online.

- Checking 10/1, here's what's available
12/7, 2 pm First available opening at SFO. Can't make it.
12/26 Additional openings when I'm out of town
No other openings show (maybe they only go out three months?)

- Rechecking, rechecking, rechecking (on 10/1)
Spot opens up on 10/5. Nab it immediately!

So persistence and luck pay off. I should have this before an international trip next week (and another in November).
Old Oct 9, 2012, 9:24 pm

Programs: UA MM, HH Gold, SPG LT Gold
Where exactly on united.com to retrieve the code?

I applied for the code, received email telling me to go to united.com for the code about 2 weeks ago, still no place to find the code on united.com.

EDIT: found it, you have to click on the "united.com" in the email. a hidden link.

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
The new system is a personalized "credit card" code and if the names don't match there seems to be a way to determine to whom the credit is being applied.

Last edited by pm6163; Oct 11, 2012 at 12:55 pm
Old Oct 25, 2012, 10:46 am

Programs: UAL 1K MM
Any recent info on how long it's taking to get conditional approval once the paperwork is done and submitted? It's been 10 days for me and I've seen examples of 2-3 days in earlier posts so just wondering...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.