Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2012 Global Entry fee refund - Plat and 1K [new credit process as of 27 Jul 2012]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2012 Global Entry fee refund - Plat and 1K [new credit process as of 27 Jul 2012]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2012, 10:27 am

Programs: UA Pt, Marriott Ti, Hertz PC
Awesome! I checked it about an hour ago and it wasn't up yet. Thanks for the alert. Trying it now!
Old Jul 27, 2012, 11:15 am

Programs: Marriott LT-TE, United Gold
Originally Posted by emu
Awesome, just requested mine, thanks!

edit: as of 7/31 I'm still waiting for my code. Website still says "Thank you for your request. Your code is taking longer than usual
to be generated. We apologize for any inconvenience."

edit2: Just got mine at 1:25pm PST on 7/31. No email but saw another FTer post they got theirs and mine popped up as well. Hopefully they all got processed at the same time for anyone who requested on Fri!

FYI I immediately completed my application and scheduled an appointment at SEA. Good luck trying to get one there though, they're booked up into November. However I did ask the officer about drop-ins and they said they can't guarantee anything but it's worth a shot if you've got some time to spare to drop by before your scheduled appointment and see if they can take you. Just remember to cancel your appointment if you can be taken earlier Also, mine took about 10min once we got started. Basically just a photograph, fingerprints and a walkthrough of the benefits and how to use the GE machine.

Last edited by chrisdeaner; Aug 7, 2012 at 2:43 pm
Old Jul 27, 2012, 11:17 am

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B206 Safari/7534.48.3)

Yay! Thanks!
Old Jul 27, 2012, 11:49 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by emu
Thank you for sharing this ^ and I just submitted my code request. Now to see how long it actually takes
Old Jul 27, 2012, 1:04 pm

Location: Palo Alto. Previously, below the approaches to Rwy 19 @ DCA or 28 @ ORD
Programs: UA 1K 0.8MM, AA EXP
Originally Posted by emu
Excellent! Looks like the procedure is to request a compensation code, which is to be delivered by email within 1 business day. The code can then be entered directly on the Global Entry registration page.
Old Jul 27, 2012, 1:22 pm

Programs: UA Plat
Yay, I've been waiting, too.
Old Jul 27, 2012, 1:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Code requested.
Old Jul 27, 2012, 4:01 pm

Programs: AA PLT, UA Silver, Hyatt PLT, Marriott PLT
Just requested the code
Old Jul 27, 2012, 4:06 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA, WN, DL
Wow, thank you UA and UAInsider for following through on the revised date.

It's nice to see something delivered within the time frame specified (yes, delays are excluded as they were at least up front about it, maybe not initially, but they did come through).

See, customers are forgiving if kept in the loop.
Old Jul 27, 2012, 5:38 pm

Programs: UA 1K; *G and *A Top 1000; HHonors Diamond; *$ Gold; Global Entry
Originally Posted by ua_to_ord
Excellent! Looks like the procedure is to request a compensation code, which is to be delivered by email within 1 business day. The code can then be entered directly on the Global Entry registration page.
I requested my code this afternoon and went back to the link about three hours later and the code was there. All it is is a credit card number with an expiration date, a special billing address you have to use, and a three digit security code.
Old Jul 27, 2012, 7:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
So what is the process for getting reimbursed when I already (stupidly) filed my application earlier this week?
Old Jul 28, 2012, 5:10 am

Programs: UA Gold, CO Plat, CO Million Miler
Hmmm. Applied last nite for wife and myself. Now about 12 hours later, and no email yet. Link says it was sent.
Old Jul 28, 2012, 10:17 am

Programs: UA 1K; *G and *A Top 1000; HHonors Diamond; *$ Gold; Global Entry
Originally Posted by hughw
Hmmm. Applied last nite for wife and myself. Now about 12 hours later, and no email yet. Link says it was sent.
Try logging into your United account and then go to this link. It should give you the information there.

https://www.united.com/web/en-US/app...ionIssued.aspx
Old Jul 28, 2012, 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by sannmann
I requested my code this afternoon and went back to the link about three hours later and the code was there. All it is is a credit card number with an expiration date, a special billing address you have to use, and a three digit security code.
Mine shows the same, except there is no cc number. Anyone else get that?
Old Jul 28, 2012, 12:21 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by dsquared37
So what is the process for getting reimbursed when I already (stupidly) filed my application earlier this week?
You probably need to the travel bank credit approach.

Originally Posted by gregsachs
Mine shows the same, except there is no cc number. Anyone else get that?
I did the application early on and the link show the blank entry -- my guess for those not eligible or those not yet issued a code, it will show blank. Give it the 24 hours they suggest to see if the code shows up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.