Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2012 Global Entry fee refund - Plat and 1K [new credit process as of 27 Jul 2012]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2012 Global Entry fee refund - Plat and 1K [new credit process as of 27 Jul 2012]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2012, 4:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by BigPoppaCO
Just scheduled mine for 10/2 at the US Customs House in downtown manhattan. Process has been a breeze so far. FWIW, October 2nd was the 1st available appointment downtown.
Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
Interesting; I checked the Customs House last week and they had mid-September appointments (I think dates in the 20s) showing. I ended up making an appointment at EWR next week as I will be spending the night near the airport for an early morning departure the next day.
I've got my interview set up for Manhattan also in a few weeks when I get back into the country. I was seeing mid-Sept and onward wide open just a week ago.
Old Aug 28, 2012, 5:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fly UA MM 1K, Sleep Hyatt & IHG, Hertzer. 2022 Flyertalk Fantasy Football Champion
Excellent process, I'm glad I waited vs. doing the travel bank thing.
* Sat 8/18 Requested code
* Sun 8/19 Completed app
* Wed 8/22 received conditional approval, set appointment for Nov. 5th. Rechecked appointment system three more times, and each time moved the appointment earlier.
* Tues 8/28 CBP interview at SFO, received approval/status change email about 15 minutes later.
Old Aug 28, 2012, 6:54 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM - AF G – TK G – AZ Ex – Hilton D – Marriott G – IHG P
Originally Posted by TravelManKen
Excellent process, I'm glad I waited vs. doing the travel bank thing.
Not me. I got a $100 rebate from AMEX Plat, and $100 in my travel bank from UA.
Old Aug 28, 2012, 7:16 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
The new system is a personalized "credit card" code and if the names don't match there seems to be a way to determine to whom the credit is being applied.
On the Travel Bank appraoch, you need to provide a receipt with the elite's name. Doubt a receipt with a different name with work.
I don't see a loophole (if UA makes use of the info supplied).
On the latter, the GE payment receipt shows only the cardholder's name, not the applicant's name.
Old Aug 28, 2012, 7:28 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold, Hyatt Plat, Hilton Silver, Marriott Gold
Did a quick search of this thread but could not find an answer.

My GE app has been conditionally approved and my interview is at EWR in a few weeks. Question is that the passport I'm going to bring with me has less than 2 years of validity left on it then I'll have to renew it. What is the process to update the GE credentials after my passport number changes? Do I need to start over or can I just update the number online? What about the "marking" of passports - do I need to physically bring this in and/or have another interview?

Hoping this is an easy process so I don't have to do everything all over again.
Old Aug 28, 2012, 9:07 pm

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Global Entry, Priority Pass, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by ctroadwarrior
Did a quick search of this thread but could not find an answer.

My GE app has been conditionally approved and my interview is at EWR in a few weeks. Question is that the passport I'm going to bring with me has less than 2 years of validity left on it then I'll have to renew it. What is the process to update the GE credentials after my passport number changes? Do I need to start over or can I just update the number online? What about the "marking" of passports - do I need to physically bring this in and/or have another interview?

Hoping this is an easy process so I don't have to do everything all over again.
These are the steps you need to take when you receive your new passport:

1. Update the passport information on your GOES profile.
2. Visit any GE Enrollment Office, and present your passport to an officer. He or she will authenticate the passport in the computer, and affix a CBP sticker in your new passport.
Old Aug 29, 2012, 5:10 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold, Hyatt Plat, Hilton Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by 14940674
These are the steps you need to take when you receive your new passport:

1. Update the passport information on your GOES profile.
2. Visit any GE Enrollment Office, and present your passport to an officer. He or she will authenticate the passport in the computer, and affix a CBP sticker in your new passport.
Thanks for thte reply.

In the case of item #2, can I do this without a specific appointment (i.e. walk in whenever it is convenient to me) or do I need to schedule a time in advance similar to the interview?
Old Aug 29, 2012, 5:20 pm
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by ctroadwarrior
Thanks for thte reply.

In the case of item #2, can I do this without a specific appointment (i.e. walk in whenever it is convenient to me) or do I need to schedule a time in advance similar to the interview?
We were told (at IAH) that you would not need an appointment to update your passport.
Old Aug 29, 2012, 5:23 pm

Originally Posted by skj
We were told (at IAH) that you would not need an appointment to update your passport.
I was told the same thing at JFK, no appointments to update documents after the initial interview.

In fact, my sticker fell off my Passport (not sure how) and upon arriving MIA last time I stopped by the Global Entry office and one of the CBP Officers placed another sticker in my passport without making me wait or anything.

Dan
Old Aug 29, 2012, 6:57 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hertz 5*, HH Diamond
Applied for code 7/27. Received code on July 31. Applied GOES July 31. GOES pre-approval Aug 2. "Interviewed" at LAX on 8/24 (after 3 reschedules moved me up from mid September). Status change 15 minutes later. Received card 8/29. Next international trip Sep 9. All-in-all, very efficient (except for the united code hiccup).
Old Aug 30, 2012, 7:25 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Originally Posted by skj

Did walk-in at IAD.
Old Aug 30, 2012, 9:02 am

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
I walked in at SEA where there were four agents available. Also test the newly sticker passport on the kiosk in their office.
Old Aug 30, 2012, 2:36 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Plat 1MM, AS MVP, Hyatt Discoverist, Avis Presidents Club, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by noah
My travel for the 2nd half of this year is almost non-existant due to travel restrictions at work and a slow in personal travel -- so after a trip to IAD this week and DEN next week I may not be on a plane for awhile. I know I'm probably fooling myself but I'm hoping to stop into the DEN facility and that there is a no-show or cancelation when I'm there so I can get this done. Otherwise, it'll be an interview sometime next year given no nearby facility to PDX...
And I was just able to get a confirmed appt for noon tomorrow at DEN -- so the moral of the story is KEEP CHECKING even at the last minute.
Old Sep 9, 2012, 8:10 am

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
I did not read this thread before applying for my wife. Hence never got a code. Submitted for the $100 credit back from UA and did receive a short e-mail stating it was being researched. I was 50-50 on the possibility of getting a credit. Looking at my wife's account it shows $100 in the travel bank. She did not receive any notice from UA the credit had been posted. FYI.

BTW. I sent a screen shot of her credit card account being charged the fee.
Old Sep 9, 2012, 8:55 am

Programs: UA Gold (.85 MM), HH Diamond, SPG Platinum (LT Gold), Hertz PC, National EE
Originally Posted by dan1431
I was told the same thing at JFK, no appointments to update documents after the initial interview.

In fact, my sticker fell off my Passport (not sure how) and upon arriving MIA last time I stopped by the Global Entry office and one of the CBP Officers placed another sticker in my passport without making me wait or anything.

Dan
Is the sticker important? I just noticed that the officer never added a sticker to mine.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.