Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2012 Global Entry fee refund - Plat and 1K [new credit process as of 27 Jul 2012]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2012 Global Entry fee refund - Plat and 1K [new credit process as of 27 Jul 2012]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2012, 4:34 pm

Programs: UA LT GS 4.2 MM, AA Gold 1MM, HH Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by ajhun9
Got my code and submitted my application. Applied for it on Saturday. Never received an e-mail that it was ready.
How did you get the code without the email?
Old Jul 31, 2012, 4:36 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by IAHMCI
How did you get the code without the email?
available online in your account as noted earlier.
Old Jul 31, 2012, 5:48 pm

Location: Palo Alto. Previously, below the approaches to Rwy 19 @ DCA or 28 @ ORD
Programs: UA 1K 0.8MM, AA EXP
Originally Posted by luv2ctheworld
Just checked as well (submitted request on Friday afternoon). I now have my personalized code.
Ditto. Applied Friday afternoon, and after checking everyday, I just now have received my code. I've not yet gotten any sort of notification email from UA, though.

All in all, I'm pleased that United is providing this benefit -- which, all UA haters should note, is a brand new benefit, and one that AA is not providing to its EXPs. I certainly don't mind waiting 2 or 3 days for the code, and I'm grateful for UA's generosity. ^
Old Jul 31, 2012, 9:08 pm
Company Representative, United Airlines

Delay in processing update

Hi Everyone,

Sorry for the delay in getting some more information to you on this. As you discovered, we encountered an unplanned delay in getting requests through the process this weekend. As for now though, we should be caught up. And, email notifications are on deck to be sent a bit later this evening.

Shannon
Old Jul 31, 2012, 11:39 pm

Programs: UA MM, Hilton-Dia
Originally Posted by bmvaughn
Mid September? Wow, I got mine a couple of weeks out. Did you look at all local CBP offices? I know for Seattle there are a couple at least.
There appears to be only one GE office for my location (from the dropdown list). But managed to reschedule for this coming Friday. If I do get approved - it will be a week from UA issuing code to obtaining GE. Fast.

Keep checking the calendar - closer slots do open up (something I learned here at FT) for a variety of reasons.
Old Aug 1, 2012, 4:46 am

Programs: UA MM | BA Silver
Smooth process for me so far as well. Asked for the code this weekend, and although no email from UA, checked back and it was available this morning. I'm sure it was ready earlier but I hadn't checked.

Filled out the application and submitted with no issue. Now, the wait.
Old Aug 1, 2012, 7:02 am

Programs: UA Plat 1MM
Originally Posted by UA Insider
Hi Everyone,

Sorry for the delay in getting some more information to you on this. As you discovered, we encountered an unplanned delay in getting requests through the process this weekend. As for now though, we should be caught up. And, email notifications are on deck to be sent a bit later this evening.

Shannon
Thanks very much for the update--seems to be working smoothly for me at this point.
Old Aug 1, 2012, 7:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by UA Insider
Hi Everyone,

Shannon

Thanks for the update. No email as of yet (applied Friday), but found and used the credit card "code."

I think something may be up with UA's email system. Many of us also did not receive any notifications regarding the HKG bookings.
Old Aug 1, 2012, 9:12 am

Programs: UA Plat
Yay! I didn't get any e-mails either, but the code was there this morning and the application seems to have gone through just fine.
Old Aug 1, 2012, 9:13 am

Programs: UA 2mm 1K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite
For those who got the email, could you let me know who the sender is. I know its going to go into my junk mailbox and I would like to know who I need keep a look for. Thanks
Old Aug 1, 2012, 10:50 am

Programs: UA Pt, Marriott Ti, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by bmvaughn
Mid September? Wow, I got mine a couple of weeks out. Did you look at all local CBP offices? I know for Seattle there are a couple at least.
At ORD, the earliest possible appointment I found was Oct 24.

Seattle has airport, as well as a land crossing for GE interviews.
Old Aug 1, 2012, 11:02 am

Programs: UA Gold 1.6 MM
My other half was able to get scheduled at LAS in less than a week. You do need a trip to Vegas anyway, don't you?
Old Aug 1, 2012, 12:32 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Didn't receive an e-mail from UA but my link to request my code was there this morning and successfully submitted my application using the code as payment
Old Aug 1, 2012, 1:51 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Done

Originally Posted by cbchicago
For those who got the email, could you let me know who the sender is. I know its going to go into my junk mailbox and I would like to know who I need keep a look for. Thanks
Forget about the email notification. You can use the link at the beginning of this forum to get your credit card information online (you need to log on your mileagePlus account). It is just copy and paste to complete the payment process. Thanks, UA.
Old Aug 1, 2012, 3:43 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 100K, United MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Diamond, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Worked easily for me

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.