Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2012 Global Entry fee refund - Plat and 1K [new credit process as of 27 Jul 2012]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2012 Global Entry fee refund - Plat and 1K [new credit process as of 27 Jul 2012]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2012, 6:32 pm

Programs: UA 1k, BA silver, HH D
Originally Posted by channa
I took a VDB and had an unexpected few hours in IAH last week. I walked in, and they told me they're fully booked, and it could be several hours to be helped. I waited around for just a few minutes, and they came out and called in the appointments scheduled for 30 minutes ago, so I realized they were already behind. That effectively dissuaded me from waiting around there, and I went to the more comfortable PC instead.

SFO is impossible for slots, but I do have one for a couple months from now. From what I can tell, the easiest facility to get an appointment at is SJU.
PHL seemed wide open when I went. Even did it on a Sunday I think. Try there.
Old Aug 18, 2012, 6:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Platinum, Alaksa MVP 75K, Air Berlin Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by golfingboy
Did my "interview" at JFK today. Took a grand total of 10 minutes and got the application status change email several minutes later.

Pleasant experience ^

Thank you UA! ^
Good to know, thanks! I have my appointment at JFK this coming Friday!
Old Aug 18, 2012, 6:48 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by username
.... Now I hope I get my card in the next week. ...
there is no particular significant in getting the card. It is unneeded for air travel.
Old Aug 19, 2012, 1:16 pm

My Aunt snagged an appointment at EWR for Monday and was surprised that a bunch of spots were available.

A good friend of mine said that FLL was wide open as well, though I have not checked myself.

Dan
Old Aug 19, 2012, 4:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fly UA MM 1K, Sleep Hyatt & IHG, Hertzer. 2022 Flyertalk Fantasy Football Champion
When I submitted the online request at United.com I thought they emailed the info, I didn't realize I was supposed to log back in to get the personalized code - doh! Anyway, picked up the code/credit card number today and just completed the application. So far the process has been very pleasant, and I think UA did a great job in providing the unique credit card numbers for each applicant ^
Old Aug 19, 2012, 4:22 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA EP, UA 1K, DL GM, Tumlare Bussresor Super Class
Originally Posted by FreFly
As others have mentioned, new appointments open up. Unfortunately the only way to find out is to check (by trying to reschedule). I was able to reschedule at SFO and cut the wait time from two months to a week.
Checking the SFO schedule on Friday, I saw an opening for this coming Tuesday. Unfortunately, that time didn't fit my schedule, so I'm still on for October...
Old Aug 21, 2012, 5:31 pm

Programs: UAL 1K MM
Originally Posted by 14940674
My expiration date is also on my birthday. They give you the extra membership time between the 5 year mark and your next birthday, so you will never have fewer than 5 years of membership.
So does that mean if your interview is the day AFTER your birthday, you get 6 years?
Old Aug 21, 2012, 5:56 pm

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Global Entry, Priority Pass, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by hans
So does that mean if your interview is the day AFTER your birthday, you get 6 years?
Yes.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 7:29 pm

Programs: United
GE is an absolute must for Canadians entering the US from overseas. I've missed flights without it. You clear customs in well under a minute with it. No waiting in lines with all the foreigners who need to be fingerprinted.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 7:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Platinum, UA Million Miler
Just scheduled mine for 10/2 at the US Customs House in downtown manhattan. Process has been a breeze so far. FWIW, October 2nd was the 1st available appointment downtown.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 9:34 pm

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Global Entry, Priority Pass, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by rdack
GE is an absolute must for Canadians entering the US from overseas. I've missed flights without it. You clear customs in well under a minute with it. No waiting in lines with all the foreigners who need to be fingerprinted.
Wouldn't NEXUS make more sense for a Canadian? It costs half the price of GE ($50), includes a GE membership for free, and allows Canadians expedited entry into their own country.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 9:52 pm
Suspended

Programs: Royal Ambassador/ SPG Platinum 75/Marriott gold
Originally Posted by 14940674
Wouldn't NEXUS make more sense for a Canadian? It costs half the price of GE ($50), includes a GE membership for free, and allows Canadians expedited entry into their own country.
yup its a sweet deal had one for 4 years.
Old Aug 22, 2012, 4:55 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Originally Posted by BigPoppaCO
Just scheduled mine for 10/2 at the US Customs House in downtown manhattan. Process has been a breeze so far. FWIW, October 2nd was the 1st available appointment downtown.
Interesting; I checked the Customs House last week and they had mid-September appointments (I think dates in the 20s) showing. I ended up making an appointment at EWR next week as I will be spending the night near the airport for an early morning departure the next day.
Old Aug 22, 2012, 5:37 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by drewguy
Okay - I haven't encountered that. Although wouldn't a better check for this purpose be to look at the actual name in the passport and check it against the receipt?
Or look at your photo printed on the receipt and match it to your face.

Originally Posted by channa
SFO is impossible for slots, but I do have one for a couple months from now. From what I can tell, the easiest facility to get an appointment at is SJU.
JFK was also wide open when I looked for my wife's interview a couple months ago. We had no trouble scheduling on our choice of date/time during their 12-hour daily window and when we showed up early they got her processed quickly. Another woman showed up at the same time with an appointment similarly a couple hours later and also went right through.
Old Aug 22, 2012, 7:10 am

I am surprised there aren't any in DC aside from Dulles. I would have thought there would have been something in an office somewhere. Also too bad SFO doesn't do Sundays. I am scheduled mid October at ORD. So far away...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.