FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2012 Global Entry fee refund - Plat and 1K [new credit process as of 27 Jul 2012]
Old Aug 7, 2012, 8:17 pm
steve64

Programs: DL-Platinum / AS-PlatPro / Hyatt - Glob / Hilton-Diamond
Originally Posted by ArtfullyUrs
HELP !!!

I went on United a few weeks ago to see how I could sign up for GE and get a travel credits from UA. The old way told me to go ahead and pay with my own CC then go back and email them for travel credits. Well that's exactly what I did. When I went back to find the email ([email protected]), I noticed the system has changed to issuing the credit card as we all know now.

I have been approved by GE, sent the screen shot receipts to that email address United provided. I call GS/1K desk to ask for help about GE and the agent started to lecture me on "global service". He has no idea what Global entry is and had to put me on hold. He came back with out a clue.

Is there anyway for me to contact United or someone I should talk to ?? Sure I paid for it, can I give the code (credit card) to another person?? I am sure I am not the only one with this problem.
I used this "old" method only about 2 weeks ago.
I had an auto-reply email the next day.
The $100 credit was in my Travel Bank about a week later.
So, in my case, the transition to the new system didn't affect my being reimbursed via the old system.