Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

What's the Stupidest, Least Substantive UA-Related Thing You Can Complain About?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What's the Stupidest, Least Substantive UA-Related Thing You Can Complain About?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2012, 9:15 am

Programs: BA EC gold UA gold—MM Hilton Diamond Hertz Presidents Circle
Mrs Cheltenham Flyer got the "long time since your last trip from Denver e-mail" and like me she is a permanent UK resident! I did not receive one
Old Dec 22, 2012, 8:21 am

Programs: EK-IO, UA-1K2MM, ETIHAD-GOLD, SPG-PLAT LIFETIME, JUMEIRAH SERIUS GOLD
Some guy posted on another thread a complaint that UA is sending out 2013 credentials to early
Old Dec 22, 2012, 10:07 am

Programs: 1K MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, AA Exec. Plat
Flight attendants' uniform has too much polyester. Unprofessional fashion faux paux.
Old Dec 22, 2012, 11:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
in all the mileage plus explorer visa card visual commercials strewn all over every magazine, airport, website, etc...the cardholder's name is always D. Barrett. at least give us some variety.
Old Dec 22, 2012, 7:02 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, United Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold
The windows not lining up with the seats really grinds my gears!
Old Dec 23, 2012, 12:54 pm

Programs: Skymiles, MPL Chase Premier
Twice now in a week the RJ that has landed at our podunk little airport is still CO branded... probably freshly painted when they switched from ST to *A.
Old Dec 23, 2012, 2:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Starblazer
Twice now in a week the RJ that has landed at our podunk little airport is still CO branded... probably freshly painted when they switched from ST to *A.
Wouldn't matter much. The ST Logos were just stickers, and were covered up by stickers.
Old Jan 5, 2013, 7:13 pm

United changed the upgrade rules from Houston to Lima and I might want to go back there. Now I have to read and understand the new rules.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 3:39 pm

Programs: MP 1P, QF Silver, WN CP, HH Diamond, PC Spire, SBUX Gold
At NRT the UA customer service counter are on the other side of the terminal from where all the other *A counters are. This was a pain when UA cancelled a connecting flight on me and I had to run back and forth from the UA and AC counters.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 3:07 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
The pen that came in the UA BusinessFirst amenity kit couldn't stand up to even one day of me chewing on it while bored at work.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 9:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EXP, AA-0.41MM, UA-Gold, Ex UA-1K (2006 thru 2015), PMUA-0.95MM, COUA-1.5MM-lite, AF-Silver
Originally Posted by zitsky
United changed the upgrade rules from Houston to Lima and I might want to go back there. Now I have to read and understand the new rules.
Reading sux. Understanding is hard.
Old Jan 16, 2013, 10:15 am

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP 100K, Amtrak peon, Colbert Lifetime Platinum
Maybe already mentioned: On the sUA 752, why, oh why, must the purser queue up the Jeff video at the start of boarding, precluding me from seeing if Channel 9 is enabled (or listening to any audio) before it's too late to ask?
Old Jan 20, 2013, 2:16 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Gold, United 1K
Napkins Without Buttonholes!
Old Jan 20, 2013, 2:34 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Platinum, Alaksa MVP 75K, Air Berlin Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
UA 72 BOS-IAD (737-700) this morning, FAs only used plastic cups in F for inflight beverage service and biscoff cookies only. Flew IAD-BOS on a PMUA 757 yesterday and full glassware, and scones in F.
Old Feb 17, 2013, 8:11 pm

Programs: UA 1k,DL,AA
this wasn't mentioned yet

I can't belive i spent two days reading every post.

i think the "no umbrellas" might well be the winner, it certainly was the funniest.

here's mine:

1. i don't like that my trusted flyer status beeps three times. that means it takes longer and i have to wait. The great unwashed should beep three times and mine should only have to beep once. or how about giving me a completely different sound - a beep just doesn't rise to the status of "trusted".

2. When i plug my hairdryer into the in-seat power, the power goes down for the whole row, i was hoping for the whole cabin. btw, i'm bald.

3. on PS flights the velcro'd headrest linen often comes unstuck from the seat and sticks to my back.

4. i happen to LIKE the 3 reading lights and 3 vents for the two seats. I always grab the center vent for myself as i like lots of airflow.

5. the old united 'hot towels' were small and so cheesey you can see through them. I liked them much better than the new continental stock, which are large and substantial. the small cheesey united ones were much easier to keep my sinuses hydrated with. I have hundreds (maybe thousands) of these towels which seem to have accidentally made it home with me, both old and new. I'm going to make a quilt out of them and take them on my flights with me. probably will make a great conversation piece with the FA's.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.