Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

What's the Stupidest, Least Substantive UA-Related Thing You Can Complain About?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What's the Stupidest, Least Substantive UA-Related Thing You Can Complain About?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2010, 4:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by finnsch
too cold silverware
Yes!!!!!!! I'm not the only one who noticed! ROFLOL!!!
Old Jun 26, 2010, 4:51 pm

Programs: Ozark Go-Getters Gold, Statler Star Silver, others from a variety of alternate timelines
In the Betty White article in the June Hemispheres, one of the photos is said to be of her on "Password." It isn't -- it's her appearing on "Liar's Club."

Should I ask for compensation due to the trauma of having to see that incorrect game show identification?
Old Jun 26, 2010, 8:06 pm

Programs: UA GS, WN A-List, AA Exec Plat, National Emerald
Originally Posted by trainman74
In the Betty White article in the June Hemispheres, one of the photos is said to be of her on "Password." It isn't -- it's her appearing on "Liar's Club."

Should I ask for compensation due to the trauma of having to see that incorrect game show identification?
maybe, for the show, she was lying?
Old Jul 7, 2010, 2:41 pm

Programs: Ozark Go-Getters Gold, Statler Star Silver, others from a variety of alternate timelines
The gate monitors don't seem to be properly programmed to deal with the new "Refreshments" concept -- they list meal service as "BR," "LR," etc., rather than spelling out the words. (Particularly confusing with "BR," which could be seen as an abbreviation for "breakfast," rather than the actual "breakfast, refreshments.")
Old Jul 7, 2010, 2:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
On Monday, my tablecloth was one inch too narrow to cover the table in C. (I think they may have used a napkin as a tablecloth.)
Old Jul 7, 2010, 4:27 pm

Programs: United Gold / 1.001 MM, Marriott Gold, SPG Platinum
Love this thread. The 1 inch gap between the jet-way bridge and the outer shell of the plane during boarding and arrival. I once dropped a single car key (not on a chain) and watched it bounce a few times and perfectly fall through the crack down 2 stories to the ground in SFO. The nice gate crew ran down and got it for me within 1 minute. The whole event was traumatic and I can play it in slo-mo in my head over and over.
Old Jul 7, 2010, 4:36 pm

Programs: AS MVP 100K, UA PremEx-MM
When the little tub of salad dressing spits some out when you try to peel back the cover. Of course I've learned to point it away from me while sloooowly peeling, but it spits anyway, just for spite!
Old Jul 7, 2010, 5:08 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Kurt
When the little tub of salad dressing spits some out when you try to peel back the cover. Of course I've learned to point it away from me while sloooowly peeling, but it spits anyway, just for spite!
After having yoghurt squirt all over me on a flight, I now pierce the top of anything I'm going to peel open with a fork before opening it. And even then I always open it away from me.
Old Jul 7, 2010, 9:26 pm

Programs: riding the lifetime status. DL MM / AA MM
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
On Monday, my tablecloth was one inch too narrow to cover the table in C. (I think they may have used a napkin as a tablecloth.)
ok, gotta call it out.... when the tablecloth has a buttonhole, and the napkin doesn't it drives me nuts!! non-substantive? maybe.. but i've seen it a few times, and it'd be so easy to fix........... (and yet, this thread seems the only place to mention it...)
Old Jul 7, 2010, 9:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by Seat1A
ok, gotta call it out.... when the tablecloth has a buttonhole, and the napkin doesn't it drives me nuts!! non-substantive? maybe.. but i've seen it a few times, and it'd be so easy to fix...........
How about when you receive a napkin, and it says "Air Canada", and has a nice big maple leaf in the center? Yup, happened to me..... I should have asked for an e-cert!
Old Jul 8, 2010, 8:16 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
did you notice if your "tablecloth" had a button hole?

Originally Posted by CMK10
After having yoghurt squirt all over me on a flight, I now pierce the top of anything I'm going to peel open with a fork before opening it. And even then I always open it away from me.
thou art very very wise (and yes, i have "learned" as well [tho i'm not sure which is worse, your yougurt or my salad dressing ])
Old Jul 8, 2010, 8:21 am

Programs: AS MVP 100K, UA PremEx-MM
Originally Posted by CMK10
I now pierce the top of anything I'm going to peel open with a fork before opening it.
Good tip; but what tiny thing can I whine about now? Don't worry, I'll find something.
Old Jul 17, 2010, 9:58 pm

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP 100K, Amtrak peon, Colbert Lifetime Platinum
It bugs me when the purser shuts off the safety video before those last few measures of Rhapsody in Blue finish! Rhapsody is a corporate signature that should be a point of pride.
Old Jul 21, 2010, 1:24 am

Programs: AA Gold
The flight attendants don't look more like ANA's
Old Jul 21, 2010, 2:53 am

Originally Posted by phenombr
The flight attendants don't look more like ANA's
Someone's been flying too much UA out of NRT =)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.