Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

What's the Stupidest, Least Substantive UA-Related Thing You Can Complain About?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What's the Stupidest, Least Substantive UA-Related Thing You Can Complain About?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2010, 7:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by roadkit
The ridiculous insistence that everyone lower their shades to create a sensory-deprivation chamber, in spite of the fact that this only contributes to jetlag on long-haul flights.

You don't like the sun? Bring an eyeshade.

+1 to this!!^

Why can't I scan my own boarding pass at the gate? Why does some random person insist that they scan it, unless I am using a mobile bp
Old Jun 7, 2010, 8:09 am

Programs: Skywards Silver, Goldpoints Silver, CC Gold, Hilton Gold, Le-Club Platin
thats a good question, i always have to give my iphone to the ground staff for their scan... do they really think that i am too stupid to do this?
Old Jun 7, 2010, 8:33 am

Programs: UA, AA, CO, KE
Helmut Jahn's ORD T1 design is looking pretty dated.
Old Jun 7, 2010, 9:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ua mm, aa plat, starriott LTPP, ihg plat, hh gold.
preach on, brother. ^
Old Jun 7, 2010, 10:46 am

Programs: UA GS, DL Plat, Marriott Bonvoy LIfetime Titanium/SPG refugee, Hertz Prez, Amtrak Select
The ridiculous insistence that everyone lower their shades to create a sensory-deprivation chamber, in spite of the fact that this only contributes to jetlag on long-haul flights.

+1!!!!!!!
Maybe we can start some campaign against this. Don't much care for the sense of flying in a big coffin.
Old Jun 7, 2010, 10:52 am

Programs: United 1K

People who take window seats and then close the shade with no intention of looking out....what is wrong with these people??? I have banned two of my friends from taking a window seat when flying with me. I have seen too many amazing things. But again; much worse are those damn snowflakes outside the window!

Last edited by iluv2fly; Jun 7, 2010 at 11:59 am Reason: language
Old Jun 7, 2010, 10:53 am

Programs: UA GS, WN A-List, AA Exec Plat, National Emerald
They don't always close the curtain between cabins, esp on domestic 2-cabin configurations. I don't want those coach people looking at me.
Old Jun 7, 2010, 10:55 am

Programs: United Premier Gold, HH Diamond, Hertz #1 Gold 5*
Originally Posted by EnvoyBoy
+1!!!!!!!
Maybe we can start some campaign against this. Don't much care for the sense of flying in a big coffin.
Okay - I'll admit - this is something I didn't know bothered people. I always thought I was putting down my shade so the sun didn't bother people - but now putting down the shade bothers people?

To quote Pooh: "Bother!"

Now I've said 'bother' so many times it doesn't look quite right anymore.
Old Jun 7, 2010, 10:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by reamworks
They don't always close the curtain between cabins, esp on domestic 2-cabin configurations. I don't want those coach people looking at me.
+100000000000

I don't want those coach people using my bathrooms! They have their own bathrooms. How about this, we put a locking door in between F & Y. The Y pax can load and unload using the rear doors!^
Old Jun 7, 2010, 11:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
+100000000000

I don't want those coach people using my bathrooms!
That is a substantive complaint, as are some of the others (with their own threads). Certainly you have less important complaints!
Old Jun 7, 2010, 11:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, UA LT Plat, Mar LTT
Originally Posted by jwbbx

Not knowing WHICH configuration 767/777 I'm going to be on!!!
Might be a reasonable complaint re: 777, but if you are flying 763, then it is either 2 class domestic or 3 class Int'l. They are all reconfigured.

Dave
Old Jun 7, 2010, 12:19 pm

Programs: * A
I don't like the small windows on UA planes. UA, it's time to make planes w/ panaromic windows to keep this loyal flying
Old Jun 7, 2010, 12:31 pm

Originally Posted by noirpepper
I don't like the small windows on UA planes. UA, it's time to make planes w/ panaromic windows to keep this loyal flying
And give me a glass floor while they're at it. I want to see what's below me, not just next to me!
Old Jun 7, 2010, 12:36 pm

Programs: UA 1K, BD Silver, Amtrak Select, SPG & PCR Plat/ICH Amb, AA, AS, DL, PR
Originally Posted by ua2162
1. The old school "United Entertainment Network" into that we all endured for years. Forgot what it was? Click here:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPLEIj2x_jg
While we're at it, I'm missing the intro that was recently replaced.
Old Jun 7, 2010, 12:41 pm

Programs: Skywards Silver, Goldpoints Silver, CC Gold, Hilton Gold, Le-Club Platin
Originally Posted by reamworks
^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.