Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

What's the Stupidest, Least Substantive UA-Related Thing You Can Complain About?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What's the Stupidest, Least Substantive UA-Related Thing You Can Complain About?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2010, 8:29 am

Programs: UA 1K
Gate Lice

Gate Lice on the "red" carpet. And even worse, the lice who try to push pass you on the carpet because they assume you aren't 1K, in F/C
Old Jun 5, 2010, 9:18 am

Programs: UA Gold; AA; Amtrak Select Plus;HH Diamond;Hyatt Disc;Hertz PC; Total Wine Grand Reserve!
People from the back of the plane coming up and using the F lavatory. Especially a problem on the A319/320.
Old Jun 5, 2010, 9:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
The United logo not facing me on the beverage glass when set down for me.
Old Jun 5, 2010, 9:38 am

Programs: ua 1k, hh diamond, spg PLT, marriott PLT
Originally Posted by colevalleytim
Gate Lice on the "red" carpet. And even worse, the lice who try to push pass you on the carpet because they assume you aren't 1K, in F/C
I have a new Gate Lice complaint. I don't mind if you are F or 1K/GS and waiting to board by the carpet (most of the time there are no seats to sit in!). What i REALLY hate are the 1Ps who stand by the boarding area waiting to board because they think they are special and assume they will be one of the first to board making it impossible to get through to the gate.
Old Jun 5, 2010, 9:51 am

Programs: UA-GS, AA-EXP
Having the water in the lavs stop before I've finished rinsing.
Old Jun 5, 2010, 10:01 am

Programs: UA GS, DL Plat, Marriott Bonvoy LIfetime Titanium/SPG refugee, Hertz Prez, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
The United logo not facing me on the beverage glass when set down for me.
PLUS linens upside down linens and/or facing the wrong direction.

I must confess to always fixing them although I'm smart enough not to tick off the FA and wait until she's moved on to the next row.
Old Jun 5, 2010, 10:32 am

Programs: UAL MM, BA G
Originally Posted by playbbg
I have a new Gate Lice complaint. 1Ps who stand by the boarding area waiting to board because they think they are special
This is not a new complaint.
Old Jun 5, 2010, 10:45 am

Programs: UA 1MM
1. The predictable "re-set" of your selected IFE channel sometime during taxi, which force you to arrow-up to Ch. 9 once again.

2. The lower volume on Ch. 9 compared to other channels. Sometimes the FO's/captain's voice is hard to hear compared to other radio communication too. The 767s comes to mind in regards to the volume difference.

3. Old BPs stubs in the seatpocket in front of me.

Last edited by RedEyeDelight; Jun 5, 2010 at 10:48 am Reason: typo
Old Jun 5, 2010, 10:46 am

Programs: UA 1K, B9, AA, DL, WN
Originally Posted by clublounger
Fantastic! Thought I was the only one...

Aloha
+1 You are not alone!
Old Jun 5, 2010, 11:13 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by playbbg
I have a new Gate Lice complaint. I don't mind if you are F or 1K/GS and waiting to board by the carpet (most of the time there are no seats to sit in!). What i REALLY hate are the 1Ps who stand by the boarding area waiting to board because they think they are special and assume they will be one of the first to board making it impossible to get through to the gate.
i was about to say, "ahhhh, so you've experienced iad" but then i looked at your profile.....same lice/different airport
Old Jun 5, 2010, 11:29 am

Programs: UA Gold (Million Miler), FI Gold, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by g_leyser
No more toothpicks with C and F meal service.

I loathe the fact that I am expected to bring my own now. I simply don't have the space to spare in my carry-on luggage.
But you have a toothbrush and toothpaste in your amenity kit. Actually people using toothpicks in public is one of those little things I find disgusting. Thus UA's removal of toothpicks is one of the least substantive things I can praise them for.
Old Jun 5, 2010, 11:36 am

Programs: AA/UA/DL
I was at IAD 2 weeks ago and was trying to get my boarding pass from a customer service agent. (I transfered in IAD)
Me: Would you please help me to print the boarding passes? (I also showed her my record locator #)
Agent: Do you have a ticket?
Me: Yes, I do.
Agent: Since you have a ticket, you don't need boarding pass.
Me: But.....I need my boarding pass.....
Agent: Do you have a ticket?
Me: Yes
Agent: Since you have a ticket, you don't need boarding pass.
Me: ooxxx$%).........
Come on ......you work for United and you don't know a passenger need boarding pass to board..........
Old Jun 5, 2010, 1:06 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Platinum
1. The plastic drink cups are too small, they don't hold enough ice. DL has a nice size cup - get some of those.

2. Not knowing WHICH configuration 767/777 I'm going to be on!!! The seat maps are slightly different and it would be nice to know which damned config is right. The .bomb seat maps cannot be trusted.
Old Jun 5, 2010, 1:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by RWPhila
After landing, the pilot announces that we have arrived 15 minutes early but it is another 25 minutes before we arrive at the gate.
^
Or even worse, when the FA is so jaded by repeating the same announcements over and over that they ask for our assistance in achieving an "on-time" departure when we are already delayed. I don't care how quickly I stow my carry-on bags, traveling back through time is not going to happen.
Old Jun 5, 2010, 2:37 pm

Originally Posted by wxguy
The flight arrived early, so I didn't get my money's worth.
If you've ever flown the "red-eye" from the west coast to ORD, then you would know that this can be a legitimate complaint. But it's more "I didn't get the amount of sleep i was promised" than "I didn't get my money's worth"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.