Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

What's the Stupidest, Least Substantive UA-Related Thing You Can Complain About?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What's the Stupidest, Least Substantive UA-Related Thing You Can Complain About?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2014, 6:50 am

Programs: 1K 2MM
It has to be the plastic wrappers on the crackers in the club. They 'static cling' to your fingers and are almost impossible to shake off!

After many years, and almost 2MM, last week I solved it--make sure you take them off in one piece, then the weight of the whole wrapper will allow easier separation......

Originally Posted by cblaisd
There are not enough pretzels in the UAX snack mix; too many of those abominable sesame things.
Gaahh! Exactly the opposite! I always take a second cup to deposit all the unwanted pretzels in.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Nov 1, 2014 at 6:57 am Reason: multi-quote should be used
Old Nov 1, 2014, 7:25 am

Programs: UA Premier 1K: PlAAtinum; DL SM, MM; Marriott Gold; CO Plat Emeritus; NW Plat Emeritus
Originally Posted by freshairborne
I had to use a pre-owned trash bag in the cockpit last week.
How much trash do you generate in the cockpit? And F/As don't come through going "TRASH, TRASH, TRASH..."?
Old Nov 1, 2014, 9:47 am

Programs: United 1K
DEN Club Bathroom

In the UC Club bathroom sinks at DEN: you wave your hands and a splash of water comes out. So you wave your hands more to try to make it come on again, and by doing this, more soap comes out. I've actually stamped my foot in anger and cursed out the damn sink! I need to remember to tell the agents next time.

I sure hope other people have this issue.
Old Nov 1, 2014, 11:29 am

Programs: AADULtArer
I had to use a pre-owned trash bag in the cockpit last week. And if that's not enough, in a $40M airplane we should have a better way to secure this bag than tying it to the radio pedestal.

FAB
Perhaps just tie the flap control to the speed brake lever instead? One of the is probably MX anyway.....

Old Nov 3, 2014, 1:14 am

Programs: Skymiles, MPL Chase Premier
I had to use a pre-owned trash bag in the cockpit last week. And if that's not enough, in a $40M airplane we should have a better way to secure this bag than tying it to the radio pedestal.
Do what the CRJ captains do... sling it around your armrest. The ERJ captains sling it on the jumpseat holder.

Cmon... gotta get creative!! HOOKS ARE DEAD WEIGHT!!
Old Nov 3, 2014, 1:17 am

Programs: AADULtArer
Originally Posted by Alpha Golf
How much trash do you generate in the cockpit? And F/As don't come through going "TRASH, TRASH, TRASH..."?
I've always though that was judgemental but they never say it in my row....maybe they can tell paid from upgraded FC,,,...
Old Nov 3, 2014, 7:42 am

Programs: GS UA+3MM
Originally Posted by EmailKid
They do that in coach as well, and it takes strong will on my part (as well as remembering) to tell the FA that I already HAVE a a napkin.
I think the napkin thing is a union regulation. They have been over-napkining for years. Kind of handy at times - but a little weird. If you as much as move one that they put down for a drink, it will be replaced with another.

s
Old Nov 3, 2014, 8:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
I play the napkin game.

I turn it over to hide the obnoxious marketing message and display a classy white napkin. About 10% of the FAs will turn it back over when placing down a new drink.
Old Nov 3, 2014, 10:10 am

Programs: UA Pt, Marriott Ti, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by GoAmtrak
My recent flight with DTVs had the screens defaulted not to the usual CNBC, but to Newsmax TV - a self-proclaimed conservative network attempting to outflank Fox News. When I boarded, the graphics were screaming about voting fraud conspiracies.

Really, United? How is politically alienating a major proportion of your customer base just to flog this new network good for business? (And before anyone asks and we drift to OMNI-land, no, it would not be any more excusable if it was a network peddling any equally-unsubstantiated left-wing conspiracies.)
To be fair, it seems to be on a different channel almost every time I board a plane with DirectTV. I wouldn't be surprised if they just rotate through all the channels. It's not as if they're trying to make a political statement moreso than demonstrating the variety of inflight programming available.
Old Nov 4, 2014, 6:48 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by swixo
I think the napkin thing is a union regulation. They have been over-napkining for years. Kind of handy at times - but a little weird. If you as much as move one that they put down for a drink, it will be replaced with another.
Think I rejected at least four napkins this weekend

I'd show the previous one and just say Thanks, already got one.
Old Nov 5, 2014, 5:22 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
I'm rather annoyed that in the nose of the 747 they have 1A/K filled with kids high chairs and booster seats and it hurt my CPU as I was first on the list. Then when I had to go take my seat on the UD while it was nice it was actually a nice dual floor lounge the numbering conventions were way off that it took me forever to find my seat. It was such a tease that they had a bunch of sour dough breadbowls out but then I never caught site of any clam chowder. I'll say that your little personal lounge space with chaise and reading lamp that flips over like a murphy bed is a great new next gen seat design.*

*Yes this was the weird dream I had last night.
Old Nov 5, 2014, 6:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by JVPhoto
LOL I hope whatever you were eating last night...or more likely drinking last night...was worth it.

Old Nov 5, 2014, 6:46 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Originally Posted by goodeats21
LOL I hope whatever you were eating last night...or more likely drinking last night...was worth it.

Noah's Mill bourbon...113 proof followed by some Indian food and Mucinex.
Old Nov 5, 2014, 6:55 am

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
Noah's Mill bourbon...113 proof followed by some Indian food and Mucinex.
A proper meal indeed - assuming the right proportions!
Old Nov 5, 2014, 8:08 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
I'm rather annoyed that in the nose of the 747 they have 1A/K filled with kids high chairs and booster seats and it hurt my CPU as I was first on the list. Then when I had to go take my seat on the UD while it was nice it was actually a nice dual floor lounge the numbering conventions were way off that it took me forever to find my seat. It was such a tease that they had a bunch of sour dough breadbowls out but then I never caught site of any clam chowder. I'll say that your little personal lounge space with chaise and reading lamp that flips over like a murphy bed is a great new next gen seat design.*

My jaw had dropped, until I made it to the end!
Watch out for that Mucinex!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.