Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

What's the Stupidest, Least Substantive UA-Related Thing You Can Complain About?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What's the Stupidest, Least Substantive UA-Related Thing You Can Complain About?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2014, 9:32 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA Platinum, Alaksa MVP 75K, Air Berlin Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by RNE
Water.
^
Old Sep 25, 2014, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Sure. The post was about an alternative to water....you know, something with flavor.
Old Sep 25, 2014, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by goodeats21
Sure. The post was about an alternative to water....you know, something with flavor.
water with lemon, since limes are verboten
Old Sep 25, 2014, 10:13 am

Programs: AADULtArer
Originally Posted by gobluetwo
I was upgraded on a CR7 the other day and, while that was great (relatively speaking), there was no curtain covering the steps by the door! How low-budget...

Also, on a different CR7 flight that day on which I was upgraded, I was offered a snack box, but wasn't hungry at the time. I forgot about it and it was only after I got to the airport that I started getting hungry and realized that the FA only reminded twice about the snack box. If only she had reminded me one more time, I probably would've opted to have gotten a snack box.

GS are reminded three times, then the FA chews it for you and force feeds it

1K, only twice

Plat, only once
Old Sep 25, 2014, 2:29 pm

Programs: UA Pt, Marriott Ti, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by PV_Premier
water with lemon, since limes are verboten
Or a sweet 'n' low
Old Sep 25, 2014, 3:47 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2.5MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond
My complaint: The Philosophy lip balms were waxy and grainy in both amenity kits on my recent SFO-CDG-SFO flights.

It seems like a least-substantive complaint, but the lip balm is the only amenity in that kit that I care about. I can handle the greatly-reduced number of tissues, and the clever two-piece toothbrush that falls apart when you try to use it, but I actually look forward to stocking up on the lip balm. Poor me -- now I'll have to spend $1.39 for a tube of Chap-Stik.
Old Sep 25, 2014, 4:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
One time I got a kit w/o the facial wipe and I was disappointed.
Old Sep 26, 2014, 12:37 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
The button hole in my napkin IAH-EWR first today wasn't big enough
Old Sep 26, 2014, 12:40 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
The button hole in my napkin IAH-EWR first today wasn't big enough
easily fixed -- run the knife through it.
Old Sep 26, 2014, 12:46 am

Programs: DL DM, 5.7 MM, UA 3.1 MM, MARRIOTT PLATINUM, AVIS FIRST, Amex Black Card
Originally Posted by RobOnLI
The smallest thing I can complain about at the moment...they removed the toothpicks from business class setups. Why the hell would they do that? There is no way this is a cost cutting measure, is it?

I relied on that toothpick when I was done eating.

-RM
$2B has to come from somewhere. Cutting out the toothpick saves on labor and the cost of the toothpick. It also cuts down on the weight of the AC. UA is big on "green", so it also saves a tree.

I think I can buy a box of 500 toothpicks at the 99 cent store. You must start somewhere to save $2B - start with toothpicks!
Old Sep 26, 2014, 3:13 am

Programs: AADULtArer
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
easily fixed -- run the knife through it.
Or buy shirts with smaller buttons
Old Sep 26, 2014, 9:09 pm

Programs: Platinum
No recognition for 30 years of MP membership
Old Sep 27, 2014, 12:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RNE
Water.
With bubbles.
Old Sep 27, 2014, 1:00 am

Programs: AA EXP,2MM, DL Gold,Starwood PLT
Every time i see a "UA" plane now i think it's a CO plane is my only complaint since i don't fly them. I always now have to remind myself oh yeah that's UA now.
Old Sep 29, 2014, 8:46 am

I fly out of ORD a lot and am always making the trek between UA terminal B and UA terminal C. Out of all my walks through the underground passage (probably hundreds of times), I have yet to see all eight people movers working at the same time. Typically, there are only seven, sometimes less. You would think that if they break down so frequently, they would look for a different vendor.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.