Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

What's the Stupidest, Least Substantive UA-Related Thing You Can Complain About?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What's the Stupidest, Least Substantive UA-Related Thing You Can Complain About?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2014, 8:11 am

The fizz from my Coke was too high and it got on my hand. Then the too-small napkin was wrinkled (why can't they give us lie flat napkins at very seat?) and I found the Mileage Plus ad on it distracting. I can't stand SMI/J!!!!!
Old Dec 13, 2014, 10:04 am

Programs: AADULtArer
Originally Posted by atword
The fizz from my Coke was too high and it got on my hand. Then the too-small napkin was wrinkled (why can't they give us lie flat napkins at very seat?) and I found the Mileage Plus ad on it distracting. I can't stand SMI/J!!!!!
A slice of lime solves that...oh, wait...
Old Dec 22, 2014, 6:02 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Noticed that my 2015 1K package was even smaller than last year's. In particular, Jeff's welcome and congratulations was a measly two sentences long.
Old Dec 22, 2014, 6:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by halls120
Noticed that my 2015 1K package was even smaller than last year's. In particular, Jeff's welcome and congratulations was a measly two sentences long.
Idk about you, but the less I hear from Jeff the better.
Old Dec 22, 2014, 2:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by PV_Premier
Idk about you, but the less I hear from Jeff the better.
Good point.

But in other news, as awu25 noted here http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...packets-4.html,
the card is flimsier than in the past.
Old Dec 23, 2014, 11:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
The UA timetable on .bomb still lists some cities they discontinued service to.
Old Dec 24, 2014, 2:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Platinum, Alaksa MVP 75K, Air Berlin Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
The Airports Kiosks page on .bomb still features a PMCO stock photo of an agent in a Red uniform with Elite Access counters in the background.
Old Dec 24, 2014, 5:13 pm

Programs: United 1K & 0.9MM, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*
FA Scurries Forward Too Fast

The FA's always trot way too fast when moving aft-to-front, where you can't see them coming. If you stick your head or arm out into the aisle at the wrong time it's likely to get clobbered. Unless the plane is on fire they don't need to run.

Granted some DYKWIA pax do the same thing but most people move cautiously forward so as to not damage their fellow UA cellmates.
Old Dec 25, 2014, 4:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EXP, AA-0.41MM, UA-Gold, Ex UA-1K (2006 thru 2015), PMUA-0.95MM, COUA-1.5MM-lite, AF-Silver
On Q400s, United does not have ear plugs to hand out to pax in F to blunt the higher noise of turboprop engines.

This was an actual complaint from the pax in 1A last month COS to DEN, and for the entire flight, he complained to the FA sitting in her jump seat.

As I was leaving the plane, I thanked her profusely for exercising patience. She knew exactly what I was talking about: "I came very close to asking for a diversion back to COS."

It is trite, but true: you can't make this stuff up.
Old Dec 25, 2014, 6:13 pm

Programs: UA AS DL Hyatt SPG/Bonvoy HHonors
Strange bug on Flyertalk which thinks that there are more pages of this thread than there are... and therefore takes me to the top of this page when I click to the next page.

UA-related to the extent it occurs on this thread

You'd think IB might invest in improving the software
Old Dec 25, 2014, 10:12 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by seacarl
Strange bug on Flyertalk which thinks that there are more pages of this thread than there are... and therefore takes me to the top of this page when I click to the next page.

When this occurs, send a message to IB team and they can address it.
Old Dec 30, 2014, 4:46 am

Programs: UA Silver/ AA EXP/Hyatt Globalist/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Hilton Diamond
I've got a complaint regarding a FA on a SAN-IAH flight 12/9. FA asks me my meal choice. I say the chicken salad although I'm likely to not eat too much any way. FA's response was "well I'm likely to run out of salads so if you're not going to eat much why not go with the sandwich?" Um maybe because I don't like roast beef and cheddar or maybe because the grilled chicken on the salad is enough to fill me up? Or maybe because I try to avoid beef in my diet where possible (other choice was roast beef and cheddar sandwich)?

I just found the question quite offputting because she's not the food police. I'm in 2A (first row of this aircraft) and my order is taken first. So I really found it rude for her to ask me to take the other choice just because....

The flight was already delayed 2.5 hours because of a mechanical on the outbound trip so I really was in no mood to hear her question my selection choice. In the end I got the salad (and ate more of it than I anticipated because it was good) because she had enough but I still don't think it's her place to be the food police.
Old Dec 30, 2014, 6:09 am
RNE

Originally Posted by chicaloca453
I've got a complaint regarding a FA on a SAN-IAH flight 12/9. FA asks me my meal choice. I say the chicken salad although I'm likely to not eat too much any way. FA's response was "well I'm likely to run out of salads so if you're not going to eat much why not go with the sandwich?" Um maybe because I don't like roast beef and cheddar or maybe because the grilled chicken on the salad is enough to fill me up? Or maybe because I try to avoid beef in my diet where possible (other choice was roast beef and cheddar sandwich)?

I just found the question quite offputting because she's not the food police. I'm in 2A (first row of this aircraft) and my order is taken first. So I really found it rude for her to ask me to take the other choice just because....

The flight was already delayed 2.5 hours because of a mechanical on the outbound trip so I really was in no mood to hear her question my selection choice. In the end I got the salad (and ate more of it than I anticipated because it was good) because she had enough but I still don't think it's her place to be the food police.
You definitely picked the correct thread to report such horribly inhumane treatment at the hands of that bloodthirsty flight attendant.

RNE, boiling in oil is too good for her!
Old Dec 30, 2014, 7:24 am

Programs: AADULtArer
Originally Posted by GaryWatson
The FA's always trot way too fast when moving aft-to-front, where you can't see them coming. If you stick your head or arm out into the aisle at the wrong time it's likely to get clobbered. Unless the plane is on fire they don't need to run.

Granted some DYKWIA pax do the same thing but most people move cautiously forward so as to not damage their fellow UA cellmates.
This happens on 787s a lot...

Actually the moderators here are so quick, they have deleted all my snarky posts before you have to read them. Be sure to thank them for this when you post your note.

Hmmm

pareto analysis on the food post.

You got what you ordered.
You liked it more than you expected.
You were miffed because the FA tried to accommodate the needs of the pax with a suggestion?

Thats worthy of DOT complaint, i think.
Old Dec 30, 2014, 7:29 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA Platinum, Alaksa MVP 75K, Air Berlin Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by chicaloca453

Maybe next time not proffer how much of the meal you intend to eat, and save yourself from getting future questions like that from FAs?!

Not trying to be rude, but I'm thinking about every time an FA asks me for my meal choice. I only verbalize my choice. If I later decide to just pick at it, that's my decision.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.