Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

What's the Stupidest, Least Substantive UA-Related Thing You Can Complain About?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What's the Stupidest, Least Substantive UA-Related Thing You Can Complain About?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2014, 8:07 am

Originally Posted by Miles Ahead
Yes, but all the conveyers were working!
Fortunately, the world is back to normal. One of the people movers ORD terminal B --> C was out of service yesterday. I was starting to get worried. :P
Old Nov 19, 2014, 8:15 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by Doc Savage
The plane taxied to the gate before I could finish my game of Solitaire!
Don't worry, if you are arriving in PHL Terminal D, it will take them an additional 20 minutes or so to get the jetway extended the 5-6 feet to the plane door so you get actually get off.
Old Nov 20, 2014, 6:52 am

Originally Posted by Cargojon
I landed about 2 hours ago. Why haven't my miles posted yet?
That only happens in the event of a "hard landing" - SS Air (Smiseked Skies) offers condolences (s-miles) to the bereaved. @:-)
Old Nov 21, 2014, 12:53 am

Programs: UA Silver
Credit card machine broke on Skywest ORD-COS ...

Alcoholic JACKPOT!
Old Nov 21, 2014, 12:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by redheadtempe33

Alcoholic JACKPOT!
Are you complaining? This is a complaint thread. Sounds like you are rejoicing. Now on your next flight you will have a complaint. The CC machine was working and you had to pay for your drinks

Last edited by Baze; Nov 21, 2014 at 10:55 am Reason: fixed typo
Old Nov 21, 2014, 1:34 am

Programs: DL DM, 5.7 MM, UA 3.1 MM, MARRIOTT PLATINUM, AVIS FIRST, Amex Black Card

Alcoholic JACKPOT!
Did they swipe your card "just in case"? Those credit card machines "can" retain memory and charge you later, unlike the buzz from ordering double/triple drinks - which will wear off in the morning. You may be shocked in a couple of days when you look at your CC statement.

If they did not swipe your card, congrats!
Old Nov 21, 2014, 2:35 pm

Programs: UA Gold; IHG Spire Elite
Was flying SFO-PDX this morning and got to the airport a bit later than normal... As I approached the gate, from about 2 gates away I could see that there were no passengers in the boarding area and the TV screens said "Final Boarding". Now, I knew I still had about 10 minutes before the door closed. But my brain definitely went into "YOU'RE ABOUT TO MISS YOUR FLIGHT" mode.

So... I don't know, I guess I'm complaining about the use of "Final Boarding" on the screens 25 min. before the departure time.
Old Nov 21, 2014, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak

We didn't get a PDB in F for sfo>ord. Also we were in paid F, row 3, but didn't get our meal choice. Oh and our plane took off on time but the sfo>ord flight 4 hours earlier had a delay of 3:50, so we had a short UC visit. And loads of people in UC because their flights were badly delayed and they looked unfriendly.

Then at baggage claim in ord, there was a lot of sfo-origin luggage, because our flight arrived around the time of the delayed flight. And my bags were second & third, then I had to wait a couple minutes before I got my 3rd bags. Why couldn't they have just come out first second & third?

Lastly ual brought back the chocolate chip cookie (instead of the gross cranberry oatmeal one), but I had expected the cranberry cookie so I had already eaten 2 sugar cookies at the UC. so that's a lot of extra weight I gained on this flight! And the chocolate chip cookie was soooooo good that it raises my ual expectations which will be dashed when they bring out cranberry cookies again. I still miss the ice cream sundae and now all this typing is making me hungry.
Old Nov 21, 2014, 4:48 pm

Programs: UA Silver
Originally Posted by Baze
Are you complaining? This is a complaint thread. Sounds like you are rejoicing. Now on your next flight you will have a complaint. The CC machine was working and you had to pay for your drinks
Well the machine wasn't working so it is kind of a complaint ...

Originally Posted by kettle1
Did they swipe your card "just in case"? Those credit card machines "can" retain memory and charge you later, unlike the buzz from ordering double/triple drinks - which will wear off in the morning. You may be shocked in a couple of days when you look at your CC statement.

If they did not swipe your card, congrats!
No, they didn't swipe the card. The FA said it wouldn't even power up. I offered to pay cash, but she declined (which, they probably don't even have procedures to handle and deposit cash anymore), so 3 Jack & Cokes on UA.
Old Nov 21, 2014, 6:42 pm

Programs: United MileagePlus, Hyatt Platinum
Only 2 Boarding Groups on flight from Boston to ORD

I flew this week from Boston to ORD and there were only 2 boarding groups! the lines for groups 1&2 were really long. What's the benefit of having a United Explorer card that gives you group 2 status if there are only 2 groups anyway. What happened to groups 3&4?
Has this happened to anyone else?
Old Nov 21, 2014, 6:48 pm

Originally Posted by Travel4Points
I flew this week from Boston to ORD and there were only 2 boarding groups! the lines for groups 1&2 were really long. What's the benefit of having a United Explorer card that gives you group 2 status if there are only 2 groups anyway. What happened to groups 3&4?
This does happen at smaller outstations/gates due to space, though IME they still board the 5 groups separately-one lane is marked for groups 1 and 2 and one for 3-5.
Old Nov 21, 2014, 9:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by steveman518
This does happen at smaller outstations/gates due to space, though IME they still board the 5 groups separately-one lane is marked for groups 1 and 2 and one for 3-5.
steveman, I don't think BOS qualifies as a smaller outstation.

Travel4Points, are you saying there were no people for groups 3 through 5 and everyone on the flight was either elite or had a qualifying Premier Access CC or paid for Premier Access? Or that there were only 2 lanes? If only 2 lanes were there signs for 1 & 2 for 1 lane and 3-5 in the other lane? Could you please give more details.
Old Nov 22, 2014, 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by Cargojon
I landed about 2 hours ago. Why haven't my miles posted yet?
Miles posted faster on pmUA, so that's a real complaint. (I mean faster than they do now, not faster than two hours after landing.)

Alcoholic JACKPOT!
A two-hour flight? I'd be upset it wasn't on ORD-SFO.
Old Nov 22, 2014, 1:01 pm

Programs: United MileagePlus, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by Baze
steveman, I don't think BOS qualifies as a smaller outstation.

Travel4Points, are you saying there were no people for groups 3 through 5 and everyone on the flight was either elite or had a qualifying Premier Access CC or paid for Premier Access? Or that there were only 2 lanes? If only 2 lanes were there signs for 1 & 2 for 1 lane and 3-5 in the other lane? Could you please give more details.
From what I could see, there were only 2 lanes. A lane for group 1 and a lane for group 2. And both lanes had really long lines. I did not see signs for group 3,4, or 5. Has anyone seen this before?
Old Nov 22, 2014, 2:21 pm
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

From what I could see, there were only 2 lanes. A lane for group 1 and a lane for group 2. And both lanes had really long lines. I did not see signs for group 3,4, or 5. Has anyone seen this before?
Experienced this at RSW (Ft. Meyers) yesterday. Two lanes only.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.