Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

What's the Stupidest, Least Substantive UA-Related Thing You Can Complain About?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What's the Stupidest, Least Substantive UA-Related Thing You Can Complain About?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2010, 7:09 pm

Programs: UA MP Premier Silver (sigh!), Virgin Elevate, HHonors, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Gold, Does AAA count?
Rhapsody In Blue on the phone has been distorted for a couple of years. Could they just upload a new, clean version so we who like audio could enjoy being on hold?

And I miss making up TED jokes, RAR!
Old Jun 5, 2010, 7:10 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by MP Premier
And I miss making up TED jokes, RAR!
Actually the best effect of the demise of TED was the demise of the TED jokes. Just sayin'
Old Jun 5, 2010, 7:23 pm

Programs: UA 1P, AA G, Hil Loser, Marr PL
My checked bags have to ride in the cargo hold.
Old Jun 5, 2010, 8:06 pm

Originally Posted by endrond
At the midpoint of O'Hare's neon Gershwin tunnel I find it irritating that the two different recordings of "The moving walkway is now ending, please look down" are not synchronized.
Ooh, that annoyingly perky music on the terminal train in DEN. It annoys me so much it's in danger of being a substantive complaint, but since United don't (quite) actually own the airport, I'll let myself off.
Old Jun 5, 2010, 8:51 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Flimsy, cheap boarding pass jackets.

"the overhead space is shared space...."

REALLY? I thought it was mine, all mine!

PGIO*

*Penetrating Glance into the Obvious

The annoying mispronunciation of "placards" in the safety briefing.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Jun 6, 2010 at 7:09 pm Reason: merge
Old Jun 5, 2010, 9:37 pm

Programs: JetBlue Mosaic, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by RedEyeDelight
1. The predictable "re-set" of your selected IFE channel sometime during taxi, which force you to arrow-up to Ch. 9 once again.
+1...and the fact that every announcement from an FA or Pilot cuts into Ch. 9...i know why they do it, i just don't like it
Old Jun 5, 2010, 9:39 pm

malodorous aircraft (CRJ)
Old Jun 5, 2010, 10:12 pm

Originally Posted by trainman74
Only if accompanied by the holodeck technology mentioned earlier in this thread, which would allow all the FAs to look like 20-something models.
The purser on a recent flight of mine could easily have passed for Anna Kendrick.^^ Better still, she was extremely helpful and pleasant to all of us in F, including lowly 2Ps.

Back to stupid complants: the accent of one of the pseudo-FAs in the safety video (the vaguely Asian-American woman in her late 20s or early 30s) drives me bonkers -- the classic nasal upper-midwestern sound (shudder).
Old Jun 5, 2010, 10:21 pm

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP 100K, Amtrak peon, Colbert Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by beltway
Back to stupid complants: the accent of one of the pseudo-FAs in the safety video (the vaguely Asian-American woman in her late 20s or early 30s) drives me bonkers -- the classic nasal upper-midwestern sound (shudder).
Oh, no, I count her under 'rather substantive praiseworthiness'! I'm a sucker for the way she raises her brows and smiles when she says, "In some cases, your nearest usable exit may be behind you."

Now, that Southern-twanged FA with the necklace, she bugs the heck out of me.
Old Jun 5, 2010, 10:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by cblaisd
Flimsy, cheap boarding pass jackets.
+1

Not enough of the stations stocking gold stock BPs

The safety video FAs calling the exit an eggzit
Old Jun 5, 2010, 10:57 pm

Programs: UA-GS, AA-EXP
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
+1

Not enough of the stations stocking gold stock BPs
NO Stations stocking GS stock.
Old Jun 5, 2010, 11:27 pm

Programs: UA MM Platinum, HH Diamond
Hate it when someone has "graffitied" the Voices page of the Hemispheres magazine with an odd name, flight number and date...

What kind of life do these people live?
Old Jun 6, 2010, 12:27 am

Programs: UA, AA peon
Originally Posted by hobo13
Obviously, you don't leave the butter under there for 10 minutes! About 30 seconds is good, maybe 1 minute. I'm sure I can come up with an equation that describes how long is required if you really need me too.
On my last flight (in Y) someone decided to save time by pre-loading the trays in the cart with hot entrees, and the butter came pre-melted.
Old Jun 6, 2010, 12:47 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: UA Premier Plat (1.2 MM), Hertz PC, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, GE
The bran muffins served in F for breakfast are usually quite dry and somewhat "cardboard-like". While these types of muffins probably contain more fiber (a good thing), I still prefer them to be a bit more moist. The butter is usually too hard to be able to solve the moistening problem.
Old Jun 6, 2010, 11:26 am

'The FA refused to dispose of my spent batteries, citing environmental reasons' Darned green people!

No, that wasn't me who made that complaint, but it made me chuckle to read it here as I have been carrying around one spent AA battery for several weeks trying to find somewhere which recycles batteries.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.