Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

What's the Stupidest, Least Substantive UA-Related Thing You Can Complain About?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What's the Stupidest, Least Substantive UA-Related Thing You Can Complain About?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2010, 11:54 am

Programs: AA PP, Hilton/MR Gold
Originally Posted by wxguy
The flight arrived early, so I didn't get my money's worth.
^ This.

I've been known to think this after short TATLs in new C.
Old Jun 6, 2010, 12:22 pm

Programs: UA Platinum/2MM
Originally Posted by UA Mike
The bran muffins served in F for breakfast are usually quite dry and somewhat "cardboard-like".
So are bagles served in C. But it is better not to eat carbs. So in that sense, it is helping me. That cardboard like bagle doesn't worth it.
Old Jun 6, 2010, 1:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by Downdog
So are bagles served in C. But it is better not to eat carbs. So in that sense, it is helping me. That cardboard like bagle doesn't worth it.
I am now going to complain that UA permits passengers who can't spell bagel to get a boarding pass and fly.
Old Jun 6, 2010, 2:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by ckjmglee
Hate it when someone has "graffitied" the Voices page of the Hemispheres magazine with an odd name, flight number and date...

What kind of life do these people live?
What freaks, right?

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
I am now going to complain that UA permits passengers who can't spell bagel to get a boarding pass and fly.
Lol

I absolutely hate all of the people who hover near the upgrade board! Who do these people think they are?!
Old Jun 6, 2010, 4:04 pm

Programs: United 1K
Originally Posted by mecabq
The ice cubes are way too big. I get short-changed on the quantity of liquid in my beverage.
The Ice cubes are not cold

Originally Posted by hobo13
I developed a technique to solve this. Put it under your breakfast dish (or dinner dish). The dishes are usually too hot, and the butter too cold. By the second law of thermodynamics, the heat is transferred from the dish to the butter, thus reducing the chances of burning your fingers while simultaneously making your butter spreadable.
I think I am so smart when I do then, however a few flights ago, I forgot about it and found a big puddle under my plate.

Originally Posted by 419er
Why must I lean so far forward or backward in order to see out of the window?
Why are some windows blocked????

Originally Posted by dieselbear
Sparkling wine instead of Champagne for pre-departure beverage.
No sparkling wine or champagne on UA

Originally Posted by Paella747
THANK YOU!!! I'm thinking of starting a group......
In regards to those damn snowflakes on the window.... I want to join your group.

Originally Posted by colevalleytim
Gate Lice on the "red" carpet. And even worse, the lice who try to push pass you on the carpet because they assume you aren't 1K, in F/C
Great term: "Gate Lice"

Originally Posted by MP Premier
Miniskirt uniforms should make a comeback?
Those really make my day.^
Old Jun 6, 2010, 4:20 pm

Programs: UA GS, DL Plat, Marriott Bonvoy LIfetime Titanium/SPG refugee, Hertz Prez, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
I absolutely hate all of the people who hover near the upgrade board! Who do these people think they are?!
DYKWIA???

Old Jun 6, 2010, 5:52 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by cblaisd
Flimsy, cheap boarding pass jackets.
NO boarding pass jackets!!
Old Jun 6, 2010, 6:03 pm

Programs: United Premier Gold, HH Diamond, Hertz #1 Gold 5*
Milestones

How about people who post random accumulations of miles and segments in the "2010 Milestones" thread rather than reading the guidelines in post 1 and posting only @ milestones? I suppose that's more UA-flyer related and not specifically UA related.
Old Jun 6, 2010, 9:37 pm

Programs: UA MM Platinum, HH Diamond
UDU - having to sit in F all the time instead of a Y exit row...

I miss worrying about whether to use a 500 mile upgrade or not...
Old Jun 6, 2010, 11:33 pm
Suspended

The proposed merger livery and branding. Call me obsessed, but it looks terrible and hope to the powers that be that it never sees the light of day. It's also a disturbing image of what this merger is going to be..basically CO.
Old Jun 7, 2010, 4:54 am

Programs: UA-GS, AA-EXP
People insisting on helping me when I'm at the ezy chikin booth in NRT.
Old Jun 7, 2010, 6:04 am

Programs: UA Gold; HH Diamond; Hyatt Plat
taking my F seat on a 319/320 and finding that the (previously mentioned 30 minute Red Carpet man) has stowed his carry-on in the shared floor cubby between the seats, simply assuming you had no desire to use your 1/2 of the space.
Old Jun 7, 2010, 7:30 am

Programs: Won Kay
The ridiculous insistence that everyone lower their shades to create a sensory-deprivation chamber, in spite of the fact that this only contributes to jetlag on long-haul flights.

You don't like the sun? Bring an eyeshade.

Old Jun 7, 2010, 7:34 am

Programs: united, american, alaska
I hate it when everything works on my flight and, therefore, they don't give me an e-cert.

Also, the flight between IAD and ORD is too short. I don't have enough time to listen to all the music selections on the IFE for the new C seats.
Old Jun 7, 2010, 7:39 am

Programs: Skywards Silver, Goldpoints Silver, CC Gold, Hilton Gold, Le-Club Platin
ugly uniforms like NZ in 2011 :-!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.