Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

What's the Stupidest, Least Substantive UA-Related Thing You Can Complain About?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What's the Stupidest, Least Substantive UA-Related Thing You Can Complain About?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2010, 2:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA PLAT, DL SLV

Let me first start off by saying this topic was totally ripped off from Blumie in the AA forum. The responses generated from the AA thread made for a good read. Here's the link to the AA thread:http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...ain-about.html

That being said, here are a few of mine:

1. The old school "United Entertainment Network" into that we all endured for years. Forgot what it was? Click here:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPLEIj2x_jg

2. In keeping with the theme of IFE, Glenn Tilton. Is it me or does he verbally rush the end of every sentence in his promos? Don't believe me? Think back to this spring and his promo video with Daley's wife regarding the purchase of food on board domestic flights for some after school program. Listen to how he says, "Snack box." It's said in one syllable.

3. The ramen noodles they serve you mid flight to and from HKG in Y never really cook all the way through.

What's yours?
Old Jun 4, 2010, 2:58 am

Programs: M&M (LX/LH) Silver, Marriott Platinum, Accor Silver, AF/KL Silver, Swiss Railway
This thread...
Old Jun 4, 2010, 3:18 am

Programs: AA EXP MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Ti, UA Silver
Cold nuts.

But enough about the other passengers...
Old Jun 4, 2010, 4:38 am

Programs: UA GS, DL Plat, Marriott Bonvoy LIfetime Titanium/SPG refugee, Hertz Prez, Amtrak Select
Too much jewelry on the flight attendants. I swear I was woken up every five minutes the other day HKG-SFO as they roamed the aisles with their big water bottles with the racket their many bracelets were making clanking together. It was like trying to sleep in the middle of a construction zone. For this I paid $200 r/t and used a SWU to upgrade??
Old Jun 4, 2010, 7:21 am

Programs: UA MM/1P, EK Au, QR, TK, Marriott Life Ti, Hilton Dia, IC Dia, Hyatt Glob, Accor Pt, Shangri-La
The ice cubes are way too big. I get short-changed on the quantity of liquid in my beverage.
Old Jun 4, 2010, 7:23 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by mecabq
The ice cubes are way too big. I get short-changed on the quantity of liquid in my beverage.
Considering the "quality" of water used to make the ice cubes, you're better off not getting ice at all.
Old Jun 4, 2010, 8:11 am

Programs: UA 1MM (and no longer flying much)
Disliking seat 9D on p.s. because it made me feel slightly agorophobic.
Old Jun 4, 2010, 8:19 am

Programs: Skywards Silver, Goldpoints Silver, CC Gold, Hilton Gold, Le-Club Platin
too cold silverware
Old Jun 4, 2010, 8:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Speaking of UA ice

I feel like it melts extra-quickly (compared to on the ground) when having my Tanqueray & ginger ale. And I'd like a more substantial lime slice.
Old Jun 4, 2010, 8:31 am

Programs: UA MM/1P, EK Au, QR, TK, Marriott Life Ti, Hilton Dia, IC Dia, Hyatt Glob, Accor Pt, Shangri-La
How the captain insists on exclaiming, "Seatbelts!" after turning on the fasten-seatbelt sign mid-flight. I find this duplication -- after the "ding" that accompanies the light coming on as the first notification -- annoying and insulting.
Old Jun 4, 2010, 8:31 am

Programs: UA 1K
Having to warm up the butter in your hands because it is rock hard cold and unspreadable.
Old Jun 4, 2010, 8:32 am

Programs: UA S/AGR S+/MR G/SW CP/AA Plat
When we were boarding on an A320 from ORD to BWI, a man on the other side of the aisle asked the flight attendant if she would ask people to walk down the aisle gently, as he could feel them walking while sitting in his seat. She just smiled at him and said she would try her best.
Old Jun 4, 2010, 8:35 am

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by magemarq
Having to warm up the butter in your hands because it is rock hard cold and unspreadable.
I developed a technique to solve this. Put it under your breakfast dish (or dinner dish). The dishes are usually too hot, and the butter too cold. By the second law of thermodynamics, the heat is transferred from the dish to the butter, thus reducing the chances of burning your fingers while simultaneously making your butter spreadable.
Old Jun 4, 2010, 8:40 am

The other passengers...I just requalified for 1P...why won't UA block off coach for me?
Old Jun 4, 2010, 8:50 am

Originally Posted by hobo13
I developed a technique to solve this. Put it under your breakfast dish (or dinner dish). The dishes are usually too hot, and the butter too cold. By the second law of thermodynamics, the heat is transferred from the dish to the butter, thus reducing the chances of burning your fingers while simultaneously making your butter spreadable.
Wouldn't that melt the butter though? I want spreadable butter, not liquid butter - unless they're serving me lobster =D.

I think the hand technique is best because your hand temperature is enough to soften the butter but not melt it completely.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.