Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

What's the Stupidest, Least Substantive UA-Related Thing You Can Complain About?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What's the Stupidest, Least Substantive UA-Related Thing You Can Complain About?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2010, 1:05 pm

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by vkng
And give me a glass floor while they're at it. I want to see what's below me, not just next to me!
The cargo hold or the centre wing fuel tank ?

At least in the upper deck you had a chance to look at people while they groom themselves....
Old Jun 7, 2010, 1:30 pm

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP 100K, Amtrak peon, Colbert Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by mkrecek
People who take window seats and then close the shade with no intention of looking out....what is wrong with these people??? I have banned two of my friends from taking a window seat when flying with me. I have seen too many amazing things. But again; much worse are those damn snowflakes outside the window!
The only time I close the shade(s) is if the sun's directly on me and it's super bright, and/or if I'm watching something on my laptop. Even then, I'll try to leave at least one partially open.

The worst is folks who close the shade for taxi, takeoff, and landing. I'd like to see an FAA regulation banning that for the sake of situational awareness. I like that the Shuttle America E170 safety announcements asks that pax open the window shades for takeoff. I wish UA would include that as part of theirs.

Originally Posted by N751PR
While we're at it, I'm missing the intro that was recently replaced.
Yes! I loved both of those interstitials/intros. The new PLAY sequence is soooooo dreadful.
Old Jun 7, 2010, 2:22 pm

Programs: ua 1k, hh diamond, spg PLT, marriott PLT
Sitting in the *A lounge at LAX right now just brought up a new complaint for me... people that use their hands to get public food in the lounges. There should be a UA attendant on duty at all times ensuring this does not happen.

gross.
Old Jun 7, 2010, 2:27 pm

Programs: United 1K
Originally Posted by playbbg
Sitting in the *A lounge at LAX right now just brought up a new complaint for me... people that use their hands to get public food in the lounges. There should be a UA attendant on duty at all times ensuring this does not happen.

gross.
Ha! I am in the SNA RCC right now and just got my food, and to read this just as I sat back down...yes I used the tongs to get my cracker, but felt a little weird about it...now I don't.
Old Jun 7, 2010, 2:36 pm

Programs: United 0, HH Gold
When the pilot talks during the movie and doesn't pause the playback. Hey Jack, I just missed a witty line from Big Bang Theory!

And more attractive FAs... I swear, they can even be less competent.
Old Jun 7, 2010, 4:47 pm

Programs: AA Plat 2.8MM
UA ice is not cold enough!

UA nuts are not warm enough!
Old Jun 7, 2010, 5:04 pm

Programs: US-CP, UA, Marriott Rewards, HHonors, Avis,
The red carpet is too linty. The fuzzballs get stuck to my shoes, wrecking my color scheme for the day. There should be a clearly marked warning so that I can avoid picking up this horrible, tragic lint. Or better yet, the GA's should brush the carpet before each and every elite passenger steps across it.
Old Jun 7, 2010, 5:36 pm
1P

Location: LAX and LHR. UA lifetime Gold 1.9MM 1K , DL Gold Medallion, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by adambrau
I always feel that the time between the first drink service in business class, after takeoff, and the top up that follows (just before the meal service begins) is a bit rushed. I mean unless you are a die hard alcoholic (which I am borderline) who can down an entire glass of champagne in 3 minutes, i just sort of feel it is almost pushy "Here have your drink and have some more". Especially when you are on a flight of 9 or more hours, what is the rush. Anyway, it's a small thing but it bugs me.
Totally disagree with this. As someone who can easily down a glass of white in 30 seconds, I would happily have two top ups before the meal service. In fact, I'd like a top up as soon as my glass is empty, rather than having to wait while the rest of the C cabin is served whatever it is they're giving out.

Last edited by 1P; Jun 7, 2010 at 5:44 pm
Old Jun 8, 2010, 4:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA PLAT, DL SLV
Forgot about this until yesterday when I got off SFO-KOA.

The hanging coffee pouch in the lav.

'Nuff said.
Old Jun 8, 2010, 8:54 pm

Programs: UA GS, DL Plat, Marriott Bonvoy LIfetime Titanium/SPG refugee, Hertz Prez, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by dcpatti
The red carpet is too linty. The fuzzballs get stuck to my shoes, wrecking my color scheme for the day. There should be a clearly marked warning so that I can avoid picking up this horrible, tragic lint. Or better yet, the GA's should brush the carpet before each and every elite passenger steps across it.
Brilliant!^^
Old Jun 8, 2010, 9:00 pm

Programs: United Premier Gold, HH Diamond, Hertz #1 Gold 5*
The red carpet is too linty.
I personally am annoyed that they have never responded to my request that a UA employee come to my house and replace my throw rugs with red carpets on the days I have flights. A 1K really deserves more than 2-3 steps on the red carpet.
Old Jun 8, 2010, 9:24 pm

Programs: UA GS, WN A-List, AA Exec Plat, National Emerald
You just reminded me of my BIGGEST gripe! The carpet in the RED Carpet Club isn't red. Not in any RCC I've been in.

Originally Posted by ua2162
Forgot about this until yesterday when I got off SFO-KOA.

The hanging coffee pouch in the lav.

'Nuff said.
Actually, when that hanging coffee pouch gets full of stink, they use it to make a pot of coffee for the coach pax!

Last edited by iluv2fly; Jun 9, 2010 at 12:56 am Reason: merge
Old Jun 8, 2010, 9:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP
So is this a thread about pet peeves or a thread about stupid things people complain about?
Old Jun 8, 2010, 9:42 pm

Programs: United Premier Gold, HH Diamond, Hertz #1 Gold 5*
Originally Posted by zrs70
So is this a thread about pet peeves or a thread about stupid things people complain about?
Yes.
Old Jun 9, 2010, 2:13 pm

Programs: After years of status, back to Peon levels. Anti-Apostheid Platinum, PWP CentCom
That they won't let me just hop off the plane when we land on 27R at ORD, since that puts me almost 3 miles closer to home.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.