Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

What's the Stupidest, Least Substantive UA-Related Thing You Can Complain About?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What's the Stupidest, Least Substantive UA-Related Thing You Can Complain About?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2014, 10:56 am

Programs: UA-½K
Flying from IAD to LAX on a plane outfitted with United WiFi, in-seat power and no IFE at all.

Really?
Old Dec 30, 2014, 11:00 am

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by rworne
Flying from IAD to LAX on a plane outfitted with United WiFi, in-seat power and no IFE at all.

Really?
It beats no wi-fi, no power, and no IFE, which is still what a majority of UA's schedule offers (I'm counting the UX flights).
Old Dec 30, 2014, 9:28 pm

Programs: UA-½K
How about this one:

Why is the RCC in LAX so dreary?

BOS is pretty nice and so is IAD (Terminal C). Both let the wife and kid in as guests on my international itinerary without comment as a *G/Plat just because.

Odd story: I always hang out in the RCC in LAX before going on flights to Europe or Asia. Last time I was there I checked in, and went to the back to get some of those buttermilk donut things and OJ. Next thing I hear is them paging me to the front. I go and they tell me I should not be in the lounge. Confused, I said I am in all the time and I'm a *G. Then it dawns on me that *this* one trip is just an LAX-SFO-LAX hop and not international *facepalm*. They told me to keep the donuts and that they'll see me again tomorrow (the very next day I was flying out to Europe again).
Old Dec 31, 2014, 8:29 am

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AA EXP, HH Diamond, MR Gold, Avis PC, Hertz PC
The warmed nuts were overheated on my recent SFO-DCA flight causing me to slightly burn my fingers on the ramekin.
Old Dec 31, 2014, 8:58 am

Food service from SGN to HKG...

I fell asleep and missed the hot Pho soup in FC.
FA then gave me 2 bags of potatoe chips. It was so bad that I spit it out.
Be forwarned, the chips are made in VN.
Old Dec 31, 2014, 3:56 pm

Programs: UA Silver/ AA EXP/Hyatt Globalist/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by weirdlyndon
Maybe next time not proffer how much of the meal you intend to eat, and save yourself from getting future questions like that from FAs?!

Not trying to be rude, but I'm thinking about every time an FA asks me for my meal choice. I only verbalize my choice. If I later decide to just pick at it, that's my decision.
Point taken. I am not even sure why I said it honestly. I usually don't. However that brings up another interesting "complaint" in J on a TATL flight. I picked at my food and the FA chastised me for not eating enough and wasting the food! So I guess on UA these days you can't win for losing.
Old Dec 31, 2014, 4:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Accor Plat, Htz PC, Natl ExEm, other random status
Originally Posted by chicaloca453
Point taken. I am not even sure why I said it honestly. I usually don't. However that brings up another interesting "complaint" in J on a TATL flight. I picked at my food and the FA chastised me for not eating enough and wasting the food! So I guess on UA these days you can't win for losing.
Is it possible that you were simply the recipient of a "motherly" comment from the FA?

Let's be honest, on any international UA flight, almost regardless of how old you are, there is at least one FA old enough to be your mother...

Greg
Old Jan 19, 2015, 10:36 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Please continue the "2015" version of this thread over here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ut-2015-a.html

goalie
UA Forum Co-Moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.