Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

What's the Stupidest, Least Substantive UA-Related Thing You Can Complain About?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What's the Stupidest, Least Substantive UA-Related Thing You Can Complain About?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2010, 2:54 pm

Programs: UA MP Premier Silver (sigh!), Virgin Elevate, HHonors, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Gold, Does AAA count?
First class printed menus, assuming you had a choice of food and drink.

Why do we have to walk so far to get to gates? Shouldn't we have curb to gate / aircraft door service? Better yet a local transporter?

Miniskirt uniforms should make a comeback?

And what's with the thermal paper boarding pass?

The red carpets are too small and not cleaned often enough.

Originally Posted by playbbg
I have a new Gate Lice complaint. I don't mind if you are F or 1K/GS and waiting to board by the carpet (most of the time there are no seats to sit in!). What i REALLY hate are the 1Ps who stand by the boarding area waiting to board because they think they are special and assume they will be one of the first to board making it impossible to get through to the gate.
Wait, we're not really special?? 1K's who think they're extra special?

How about the 1K's who are upset cause they're sitting in E+ because their UDU's didn't clear and watching the 1P's who are going to F/C because we used our miles (and former copay) to confirm upgrades?
Old Jun 5, 2010, 2:56 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Considering the "quality" of water used to make the ice cubes, you're better off not getting ice at all.
Why is that? I watched them cater a CR7 yesterday and they brought a couple of 3 pound bags of obviously "store-bought" ice.

Originally Posted by magemarq
Having to warm up the butter in your hands because it is rock hard cold and unspreadable.
Better than warming up your hands in the butter, though.
Old Jun 5, 2010, 3:04 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Originally Posted by colevalleytim
Gate Lice on the "red" carpet. And even worse, the lice who try to push pass you on the carpet because they assume you aren't 1K, in F/C
DYKWIA 1Ks, UGS's and F fliers who jam the red carpet twenty minutes before boarding carrying the entire contents of their offices so they can completely take up all the overhead space.

Give me a nice, if clueless, inexperienced travelers any day.
Old Jun 5, 2010, 3:18 pm

Programs: Ozark Go-Getters Gold, Statler Star Silver, others from a variety of alternate timelines
Originally Posted by MP Premier
Miniskirt uniforms should make a comeback?
Only if accompanied by the holodeck technology mentioned earlier in this thread, which would allow all the FAs to look like 20-something models.
Old Jun 5, 2010, 3:23 pm

Programs: UA 1MM (and no longer flying much)
I think this thread is headed dangerously in the direction of substantive complaints, rather than stupid ones.

Back to stupid complaints...

At the midpoint of O'Hare's neon Gershwin tunnel I find it irritating that the two different recordings of "The moving walkway is now ending, please look down" are not synchronized.
Old Jun 5, 2010, 3:36 pm

Programs: Nothing worth mentioning
When a new Red Carpet is not rolled out, each & every time, in anticipation of my arrival!

Last edited by travelsavant; Jun 6, 2010 at 7:41 pm
Old Jun 5, 2010, 3:52 pm

Programs: UA 1K_MM, AA EX_PLT Hyatt/Hilton Dia, Mar Gold, IHG PLT, Amtrak S++, Hertz 5Star, Avis First
The GTE airphones are gone.
Old Jun 5, 2010, 5:05 pm

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
United.com does not specify GoJet is a non-union UAX carrier while Trans States and others are union
Old Jun 5, 2010, 5:37 pm

Programs: UA Plat 2MM, Delta Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott cardboard
I know (1) has been said before

(1) hot nuts
(2) I miss watching TV in the apartments when landing at Kai Tak.
Old Jun 5, 2010, 5:44 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by AAerSTL
United.com does not specify GoJet is a non-union UAX carrier while Trans States and others are union
I think we have a winner!

Originally Posted by cblaisd
I watched them cater a CR7 yesterday and they brought a couple of 3 pound bags of obviously "store-bought" ice.
Anyone can put ice in a bag. But if they're using clean ice, it must be in response to the water quality surveys from the last few years. Regardless, I still avoid it.

Last edited by mahasamatman; Jun 5, 2010 at 5:49 pm
Old Jun 5, 2010, 6:02 pm

Programs: United Premier Gold, HH Diamond, Hertz #1 Gold 5*
Elusive buttonholes

Originally Posted by EnvoyBoy
PLUS linens upside down linens and/or facing the wrong direction.
Regarding linens, could they *please* always have the buttonhole visible immediately when I open the napkin? It seems I always need to look at at least 3 corners before I find it.
Old Jun 5, 2010, 6:30 pm

Originally Posted by endrond
At the midpoint of O'Hare's neon Gershwin tunnel I find it irritating that the two different recordings of "The moving walkway is now ending, please look down" are not synchronized.
It bothers me that the moving walkway recordings in DEN and ORD are not the same.
Old Jun 5, 2010, 6:40 pm

Programs: UA 4.3MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak SE; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
The new C/F IFE doesn't contain a lesson on dorsiflexion.
Old Jun 5, 2010, 6:48 pm

I hate the phrase in the Skywest briefing: "...without being distracted by other attentions...."

The escalators at DEN's B Concourse in the center going to the upstairs food court are oriented the wrong direction.

Last edited by cblaisd; Jun 5, 2010 at 7:00 pm
Old Jun 5, 2010, 7:01 pm

Programs: UA-GS, AA-EXP
Getting broken and not whole cashews in my nuts.

The beer machine in NRT puts too much foam on my beer.

The beer machine in ORD puts NO foam on my beer.

Having to personally adjust the air flow from the vent.

Not being able to use the drop down oxygen mask after 8 hours sleep with a cheap white wine hangover.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Jun 6, 2010 at 7:09 pm Reason: merge

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.