Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

What's the Stupidest, Least Substantive UA-Related Thing You Can Complain About?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What's the Stupidest, Least Substantive UA-Related Thing You Can Complain About?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2010, 11:23 am

Programs: UA MileagePlus 2MM
drinks service in C

I always feel that the time between the first drink service in business class, after takeoff, and the top up that follows (just before the meal service begins) is a bit rushed. I mean unless you are a die hard alcoholic (which I am borderline) who can down an entire glass of champagne in 3 minutes, i just sort of feel it is almost pushy "Here have your drink and have some more". Especially when you are on a flight of 9 or more hours, what is the rush. Anyway, it's a small thing but it bugs me.
Old Jun 4, 2010, 11:23 am

Programs: United 1kMM; AA EX Plat, Hilton Diamond and SPG Plat
Originally Posted by EnvoyBoy
Too much jewelry on the flight attendants. I swear I was woken up every five minutes the other day HKG-SFO as they roamed the aisles with their big water bottles with the racket their many bracelets were making clanking together. It was like trying to sleep in the middle of a construction zone. For this I paid $200 r/t and used a SWU to upgrade??
Really??? Nice find.

Originally Posted by hobo13
I developed a technique to solve this. Put it under your breakfast dish (or dinner dish). The dishes are usually too hot, and the butter too cold. By the second law of thermodynamics, the heat is transferred from the dish to the butter, thus reducing the chances of burning your fingers while simultaneously making your butter spreadable.
I cut a hole in the croisant and stick the butter in it and hope for the best. But now that I think of it where has the butter been and how could I put it in wrapper and all.

My complaint...not enough bad wine in DOM F.
Old Jun 4, 2010, 11:56 am

Programs: UA - 1MM, DL Diamond, AS MVP75, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Obviously, you don't leave the butter under there for 10 minutes! About 30 seconds is good, maybe 1 minute. I'm sure I can come up with an equation that describes how long is required if you really need me too.
My problem is that i leave the butter under the plate too long and it is liquid by the time I remember to take it out.
Old Jun 4, 2010, 12:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, Marriott Tit
Why is my crossword puzzle already done?
Old Jun 4, 2010, 12:09 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH Gold, Mariott Gold
I developed a technique to solve this. Put it under your breakfast dish (or dinner dish). The dishes are usually too hot, and the butter too cold. By the second law of thermodynamics, the heat is transferred from the dish to the butter, thus reducing the chances of burning your fingers while simultaneously making your butter spreadable.
I have always done the EXACT same thing. I have also worked out timing.... I heat the butter once the tray is brought to me, I then get out the silverware, button my napkin, dress my salad.. by then the butter is just about right (not liquid, but very pliable.

Originally Posted by United737522
Oh, I loved that stuff, wasn't it called Fiesta Snack mix or something like that? I miss that...
Depends on how long ago.... my favorite were the eagle snacks from Anheuser-Busch
Old Jun 4, 2010, 12:18 pm

Programs: 1K MM
Remember those great little matted glass salt and pepper shakers? How I do miss them! They elevated the whole meal into the "tolerable" range.
Old Jun 4, 2010, 12:51 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG
Originally Posted by United737522
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
I miss the bag of pretzels they served a long time ago in Y
Oh, I loved that stuff, wasn't it called Fiesta Snack mix or something like that? I miss that...
Whoa, whoa, there's a HUGE difference between a bag of pretzels and the Fiesta Snack Mix

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...-soy-nuts.html.
Old Jun 4, 2010, 1:03 pm

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by PanHam
Second law works fine in this case, too. Heat is the transfer of energy from a warmer body to a colder body. The second law states that heat cannot be completely transferred into work. And, heating butter with a hot dish increases entropy of the system, as well, with increased kinetic energy of the butter molecules. The first law simply states that the U = q + w, that total internal energy equals heat plus work, and that the energy of the universe is conserved.
Thanks G. I'm glad to see that you are putting all that physics 'crap' you learned this past year to good use! (kidding) I might just have to start respecting you pre-med guys a little bit more!

Last edited by hobo13; Jun 4, 2010 at 6:00 pm
Old Jun 4, 2010, 1:20 pm

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, NWA WorldPerks deserter, Alaska Airlines Something-er-Other...
Cool Least Substantive?

Flying in General?: ...Those little ice-crystal snowflake-looking shapes that form on the windows at cruise altitude.....

United Airlines?: .....The windows are too dirty to see those little ice-crystal snowflake-looking shapes that form on the windows at cruise altitude....
Old Jun 4, 2010, 1:56 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond Hyatt Globalist
When I was younger (I was still 6'2") some guy was complaining about how I got an exit row and that I'm too young for it and he should have it instead. He claimed he was more deserving of the better seat.
Old Jun 4, 2010, 1:56 pm

Programs: Free agent!
Mid flight snack in C invariably looks like something that could be purchased for $1.99 (or less) at a store on the ground. Ramen in styrofoam, sandwiches in saran wrap, etc.

The mid-flight snack on AC in Y YVR-HKG looks better than the ones in C on UA.
Old Jun 4, 2010, 2:01 pm

Since this is in the UA forum, shouldn't this thread be "What's the Stupidest, Least Substantive Thing You Can Complain About And Get Compensation For?"
Old Jun 4, 2010, 2:04 pm

Despite my repeated requests, UA still hasn't outfitted the 757-200 fleet with holodecks.
Old Jun 4, 2010, 2:12 pm

Programs: UA Premier Platinum 1MM, HH Diamond
When the industrial diswashers magnetize the silverware! I hate it when the handles stick together and the knife comes up dangling off the fork! Either that, or the knife handle moves three centimeters to the right while I'm picking up my spoon and I have to spend precious, precious calories retrieving it from its elaborate utensil mating ritual!
Old Jun 4, 2010, 2:20 pm

Programs: UA - 1MM, DL Diamond, AS MVP75, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by beltway
Despite my repeated requests, UA still hasn't outfitted the 757-200 fleet with holodecks.
I believe that is purely an economic decision. Holodecks use an enourmous amount of power. Even if one were to be installed 9 out of 10 times the door would be covered up with a piece of plastic.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.