Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

What's the Stupidest, Least Substantive UA-Related Thing You Can Complain About?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What's the Stupidest, Least Substantive UA-Related Thing You Can Complain About?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2010, 5:59 pm

Programs: UA 1K, BD Silver, Amtrak Select, SPG & PCR Plat/ICH Amb, AA, AS, DL, PR
Originally Posted by ua2162
The hanging coffee pouch in the lav.

'Nuff said.
I had this on NRT-LAX when I was doing some post-sleep relief. Not exactly how I picture "waking up and smelling the coffee".

Originally Posted by reamworks
Actually, when that hanging coffee pouch gets full of stink, they use it to make a pot of coffee for the coach pax!
I shall never look at coffee served onboard the same way again.
Old Jun 9, 2010, 6:39 pm

Programs: UA Gold; AA; Amtrak Select Plus;HH Diamond;Hyatt Disc;Hertz PC; Total Wine Grand Reserve!
After the first drink service in F, the FAs always come around with the wine bottles topping off the glasses of those that ordered wine, but if you ordered a cocktail, you have to go through all sorts of gyrations and hand gestures to get another drink.
Old Jun 9, 2010, 8:34 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler
Not having a neatly folded napkin in between my heated coffee cup and saucer.
Old Jun 9, 2010, 8:39 pm

Programs: Platinum
Thanks to FlyerTalk advice I selected row 6 on an A320 from PDX to IAD today. My 7 year old (with a smile) said "I can't reach the Hemisphere Magazine!"
Old Jun 10, 2010, 2:51 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: UA Premier Plat (1.2 MM), Hertz PC, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, GE
Not having a special clip for my shirt provided for the napkin in C or F if I happen to be wearing a T-shirt instead of a button down shirt.
Old Jun 10, 2010, 5:55 am

Programs: VA Gold, UA, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Ambassador
My Hemispheres mag is NOT signed by any other FTers .

+1 to the awful sparkling wine on board, instead of champagne.

All my other complaints are actually serious.... and revolve around schedule changes leading to complete IT stuff up on pnrs....dont get me started, its for another thread .

Originally Posted by EnvoyBoy
+1!!!!!!!
Maybe we can start some campaign against this. Don't much care for the sense of flying in a big coffin.
I hate being woken up from my 14 hr long haul...2 hrs too early before breakfast because someone has left the shades up and sun is shining into my eyes/face even when I have my eyeshades on . The window shades in that scenario do have a purpose .

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Jun 10, 2010 at 8:28 am Reason: multi-quote
Old Jun 10, 2010, 6:33 am

Programs: UA Gold; AA; Amtrak Select Plus;HH Diamond;Hyatt Disc;Hertz PC; Total Wine Grand Reserve!
Originally Posted by frankmu
Thanks to FlyerTalk advice I selected row 6 on an A320 from PDX to IAD today. My 7 year old (with a smile) said "I can't reach the Hemisphere Magazine!"
^ I think we have a winner!
Old Jun 10, 2010, 10:31 am

Programs: United GS, Starwood Platinum
yesterday i was reminded of another one, when you open the salad dressing there is a little "burp" of air occasionally a dressing drop will fly onto the hand i used to open the salad dressing
Old Jun 10, 2010, 11:58 am

Programs: UA 1K/Global Services, VS Silver, HH Gold
Served fruit & cheese plate in F, cheese was in the same plate as fruit and ended up getting fruit juice all over it (plus the crackers in plastic wrap that are impossible to open without breaking the crackers, of course this one could just be my own incompetence ).
Old Jun 10, 2010, 2:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA PLAT, DL SLV
Originally Posted by lehms
yesterday i was reminded of another one, when you open the salad dressing there is a little "burp" of air occasionally a dressing drop will fly onto the hand i used to open the salad dressing
As long as you don't lick it off.
Old Jun 10, 2010, 3:30 pm

Programs: UA GS 1MM, AA Exec Plat., Hilton Honors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Row 16 on the newly configured 757, listed as an "Exit Row Seat" but they don't recline and they don't have economy plus legroom. (Just flew this bird this morning after an equipment change, and the ground staff had no idea which seats were good)
Old Jun 10, 2010, 5:33 pm

Programs: Starwood Gold, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by UA Mike
Not having a special clip for my shirt provided for the napkin in C or F if I happen to be wearing a T-shirt instead of a button down shirt.
Under-dressed passengers in C and F.
Old Jun 10, 2010, 6:34 pm

Programs: UA GS, DL Plat, Marriott Bonvoy LIfetime Titanium/SPG refugee, Hertz Prez, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by rittenhousesq
After the first drink service in F, the FAs always come around with the wine bottles topping off the glasses of those that ordered wine, but if you ordered a cocktail, you have to go through all sorts of gyrations and hand gestures to get another drink.
I think you posted this in the wrong thread. This is about stupid and least substantive issues.

This is consistently true and quite substantive!
Old Jun 11, 2010, 12:12 am

Programs: AS MVP, UA GM, Hyatt Somethingist
I am always a bit taken aback when the FA announcements describe "Hemisphere" Magazine instead of the correct, award-winning Hemispheres Magazine
Old Jun 11, 2010, 12:54 am

Programs: UA 1K, 2.3MM; AA ExecPlat 1.2MM
1. The crossbar on the magazine dispenser in new C seats isn't spring-loaded to close. In rear-facing seats, if the crossbar isn't closed, the mags and safety cards often slide out on take-off.

B. UA does not provide a name (compare to "seat back pocket") for the slot that holds magazines, safety card, PLAY guide, duty free catalog, motion sickness necessity, menu etc. between the seats in new configuration C so that it can be easily described on FT.

3. UA does not put a nice plastic wrapper over the Hemispheres like LH does on their Magazin. The wrapper makes the magazine feel special .

Originally Posted by lehms
That's why I always aim it away from myself, even if my napkin is properly buttoned.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Jun 11, 2010 at 1:01 am Reason: merge

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.