Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

What's the Stupidest, Least Substantive UA-Related Thing You Can Complain About?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What's the Stupidest, Least Substantive UA-Related Thing You Can Complain About?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2013, 2:39 am

FA asking to take my coat even though I feel cold mid flight
Old Aug 9, 2013, 4:49 am

Programs: AADULtArer
Why oh why do the FA in C on 737 check your coat but on A319/320 they do not?
They need your coat to stem hull failures on Boeing equipment.
Old Aug 9, 2013, 5:55 am

Programs: UA 1K (.25MM) IHG Platinum Elite, SPG Platinum, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by ua2162

1. The old school "United Entertainment Network" into that we all endured for years. Forgot what it was? Click here:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPLEIj2x_jg

What's yours?
Not gonna lie, that little Rhapsody snippit really brought me back to the golden days of UA.
Old Aug 10, 2013, 9:22 am

Programs: United MP GS, HH Silver, Amtrak nothing
Nuts to you

Originally Posted by princes313
really really stale nuts that are clearly microwaved so UA can offer "warm" nuts...but they taste REALLLY BAD
Those stale nuts are really bad. And I don't like that there are half cashews in them the recent nut rethink policy.
Old Aug 10, 2013, 10:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by JerseySlime
What really makes me angry is that they serve Minute Maid orange juice. MM is from frozen concentrate, as opposed to Tropicana which is never from concentrate. Hey Jeff Baby, solve the UA OJ fiasco before I start bringing onboard my own juice boxes. I'm glad that's off my chest. Phew!!!!
PMUA served Minute Maid too, at least on ex-US flights. I'm pretty sure this started even going back when they were still serving Pepsi products (which owns Tropicana). Don't know about PMCO, but would make sense that since Coke owns MM, they were serving it too.

Ironically, at least ex-Canada catered flights used to serve Tropicana OJ (though don't know if they do this anymore). Found this out quite by accident - a few years ago, well before the merger, was on an ORD-EWR morning flight and I noticed they were pouring Tropicana. Asked the FA, and apparently the inbound came in from YYZ and had more left, so they used it first.
Old Aug 10, 2013, 11:46 am

Programs: was UA 1K now Gold, cuz UA 1.3 MM; HA,DL,AS (no status in these), Marriott Gold
Ms BH noted yesterday in F that the linen napkin/table cloth was not delivered prior the meal. Found a napkin under the food when the tray was delivered.
Old Aug 10, 2013, 12:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by BH62
Ms BH noted yesterday in F that the linen napkin/table cloth was not delivered prior the meal. Found a napkin under the food when the tray was delivered.
It isn't now (only on intl flights or PS). Separate linen on the pull out tray was PMUA.
Old Sep 10, 2013, 10:33 pm

Programs: UA GS, DL-Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Somethingist, Marriott Titanium Lifetime
I noticed today on the safety video that when they say switch off phones they show the passenger sliding the red bar to power off an iPhone and THEN show the passenger pressing the power button on the top of the phone. The correct order is pressing the power button and then sliding the red bar to finish the powerdown sequence.
Old Sep 11, 2013, 12:34 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
I hate it when I end up with a B aisle seat (vs. my preferred C, D, or E right side aisle, letter depending on plane config) as it means the FA can see the green light on my Bose Q15s and thus is more likely to tell me to take them off on TO&L
you know, a tiny piece of electric tape ll solve that problem.
Old Sep 11, 2013, 12:36 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
The e-mail surveys for my last ps roundtrip arrived out of order - inbound first, outbound second. When is UA ever going to get this right???
Old Sep 11, 2013, 7:23 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Has anyone noticed how cheap the Gold luggage tags are these days?
Old Sep 11, 2013, 7:35 am

Programs: UA 1k
Originally Posted by sogboulder
Has anyone noticed how cheap the Gold luggage tags are these days?
After getting my bag tags from Fairmont, all I can think of is how cheap the plastic loops for attaching bag tags are. Fairmont sends you really nice metal wires with a clasp.
Old Sep 11, 2013, 7:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by oblisk
After getting my bag tags from Fairmont, all I can think of is how cheap the plastic loops for attaching bag tags are. Fairmont sends you really nice metal wires with a clasp.
AA sends plastic ones too, but they're actually very high quality. After my UA one broke pretty quickly, I used the AA one for both tags and it's quite robust.
Old Sep 22, 2013, 2:30 pm

Programs: UA 2K/2MM

The elevator at IAH (E) UC is very, very slow. Unacceptably slow.
Old Sep 22, 2013, 2:32 pm

Programs: AADULtArer
Originally Posted by chavala
you know, a tiny piece of electric tape ll solve that problem.
Nice!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.