Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

What's the Stupidest, Least Substantive UA-Related Thing You Can Complain About?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What's the Stupidest, Least Substantive UA-Related Thing You Can Complain About?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2013, 6:27 am

Programs: AA-PLT, HH-GLD, PP
COPA miles take forever to post

Ever since COPA upgraded their version of SHARES a few months ago, it has been taking longer for the miles to post, or at least it seems to. Normally, that doesn't bother me, as they always post eventually.

However, last Friday I completed the flight that will put me over the 1K hurdle. I've done all the work needed to get to 1K, yet the world still sees me as a lowly Plat. I suspect that I will fly my trip next Sunday as a Plat.

Frankly, I only complain about it because this thread provides a forum for really minor gripes. In reality, for the flights that I am on, going to 1K won't change my experience one iota. I've actually had a better upgrade rate (nearly 100% on COPA) as a Plat this year than I did as a 1K in 2012. I guess I'll lose a few RDM's, but that's not much in the scheme of things.
Old Nov 1, 2013, 9:29 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
WiFi on planes.
Old Nov 1, 2013, 11:17 pm

Programs: UA 4.3MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak SE; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
When watching The Map on IPTE screens, sometimes it times out and goes dark, sometimes it doesn't. Please be consistent!

On pmCO DTV systems, the airplane icon used on the the flight status map is the size of Michigan.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Nov 2, 2013 at 1:49 am Reason: merge
Old Nov 2, 2013, 7:50 am

Programs: UA Plat, HH Diamond, MR Gold, Hertz Prez Circle
The lighted signs emblazoned "TOILET"

Can't we call it the LAV or the W.C.?
Old Nov 3, 2013, 8:41 am

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold

Old editions of Hemispheres on Nov 3rd.
Old Nov 3, 2013, 10:11 am

Programs: AADULtArer
Originally Posted by coolcoil
Ever since COPA upgraded their version of SHARES a few months ago, it has been taking longer for the miles to post, or at least it seems to. Normally, that doesn't bother me, as they always post eventually.

However, last Friday I completed the flight that will put me over the 1K hurdle. I've done all the work needed to get to 1K, yet the world still sees me as a lowly Plat. I suspect that I will fly my trip next Sunday as a Plat.

Frankly, I only complain about it because this thread provides a forum for really minor gripes. In reality, for the flights that I am on, going to 1K won't change my experience one iota. I've actually had a better upgrade rate (nearly 100% on COPA) as a Plat this year than I did as a 1K in 2012. I guess I'll lose a few RDM's, but that's not much in the scheme of things.
I'm sorry, your complaint is only visible here if you are a real 1K.

:-:

Congrats on your new status!
Old Nov 3, 2013, 2:26 pm

Programs: AA-PLT, HH-GLD, PP
Originally Posted by LaserSailor
I'm sorry, your complaint is only visible here if you are a real 1K.

:-:

Congrats on your new status!
Thanks, but still premature! 8 days after flying the flight that put me over the top, and still no love (at least on the miles posting) from CM. So I'm still only a lowly Plat. CM' positing process occasionally gets stuck, and a few of my flights go into limbo for a few weeks and then only post after they do an audit. I won't be surprised if today's flight, which would also put me over the top, posts first.

No major worries though. I am sitting in the COPA Club right now. I got upgraded on both of my legs, so the worst case is that I'm out 640 RDM (25% of 2,560). That would be valued somewhere between $0.64 and $230.00, depending who you believe on this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...worth-you.html
Old Nov 3, 2013, 2:39 pm

Programs: UA Plat, AS MVP, HH Gold, MR Gold
The descent script asks us to remain seated "for the duration of the flight."

They mean the balance, or remainder of the flight. The "duration" of the flight is the entire thing, from takeoff to landing, not the rest starting at the point of the announcement. I cannot, at descent, agree to remain seated for the duration of the flight, because I got up to use the lav three hours ago.

Last edited by PVDProf; Nov 3, 2013 at 3:23 pm
Old Nov 3, 2013, 2:58 pm

Programs: UA AS DL Hyatt SPG/Bonvoy HHonors
After landing the flight attendant announced that because we have just landed on an active taxiway that we should remain seated with our best securely buckled. Luckily the taxiway was long enough and free of other aircraft...
Old Nov 3, 2013, 5:12 pm

The Interactive Awards Chart has a world map that still depicts East Germany and excludes South Sudan.
Old Nov 7, 2013, 4:47 pm

Programs: was UA 1K now Gold, cuz UA 1.3 MM; HA,DL,AS (no status in these), Marriott Gold
For the past few days, whenever I log on/change pages/whatever on Flyer Talk, an intrusive "Survey" crawls accross the screen, taking up valuable real estate better used for FT purposes. Grumble, grumble. [And here it is again as I previewed this post]
Old Nov 8, 2013, 12:16 am

Programs: Air France Gold, Emirates Gold, former UA 1K, Marriott/Ritz Gold, Hyatt Diamond...
Originally Posted by BH62
For the past few days, whenever I log on/change pages/whatever on Flyer Talk, an intrusive "Survey" crawls accross the screen, taking up valuable real estate better used for FT purposes. Grumble, grumble. [And here it is again as I previewed this post]
This! But it's not UA and not minor!
Old Nov 8, 2013, 12:35 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Just booked a fall 2014 MUC RT and united.com only showed the YYZ-SFO segment available in saver Y. But the agent somehow booked me into I. Am considering DOT complaint.
Old Nov 8, 2013, 1:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
I've had my fill of the complaints about complaints.
Old Nov 8, 2013, 6:23 am

Programs: Level 5 Kayaker
On a recent flight, my crme brle lacked the dishs characteristic burnt-sugar crust, resulting in a dismal, flaccid custard topped with a few sad (and improper) berries.

I fully understand that its not reasonable to expect an acetylene torch to used aboard an aircraft, but surely UA can equip the galleys of its international premium cabins with a fer caramliser?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.