Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

What's the Stupidest, Least Substantive UA-Related Thing You Can Complain About?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What's the Stupidest, Least Substantive UA-Related Thing You Can Complain About?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 25, 2013, 9:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K | Bonvoy Ambassador | WN A-List | Avis First | Hertz PC
United sent my MP Statement with an advertisement for the refreshed Bistro On Board menu. To my excitement they used a picture of the Asian Noodle Salad!

But, when I clicked on the link, my favorite economy meal was nowhere to be found.

Last edited by B6UA; Dec 25, 2013 at 9:47 pm Reason: Corrected image link
Old Dec 26, 2013, 5:52 am

Programs: AADULtArer
Originally Posted by PV_Premier
Salad dressing provided in F is pressurized inside the container to ground level resulting in uncontrollable dispensing when the package is opened at cruising altitude. Could easily be rectified with a provider that packages dressing at
35000 ft....
People pricking open the salad dressing with a fork makes a high frequency sound which wakes up my emotional comfort dog.
Old Dec 26, 2013, 5:58 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
Once I was on a regional flight, and I had a free drink coupon voucher. I wanted to use it, but the flight attendant said she did not have the scanner... I asked if I can just give her the coupon and she can scan it later, but she said no.

Surprisingly, she just secretly handed me a beer after serving everyone else drinks and told me to keep my mouth shut (but more politely).
Old Dec 26, 2013, 6:08 am

Programs: UA GS 2.7MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by B6UA
United sent my MP Statement with an advertisement for the refreshed Bistro On Board menu. To my excitement they used a picture of the Asian Noodle Salad!

But, when I clicked on the link, my favorite economy meal was nowhere to be found.
They ruined Christmas!

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Dec 26, 2013 at 4:15 pm Reason: image removal
Old Dec 26, 2013, 6:30 am

Originally Posted by agp423

Surprisingly, she just secretly handed me a beer after serving everyone else drinks and told me to keep my mouth shut (but more politely).
NOT blabbing on FT is the same as keeping your mouth shut, mi amigo!
Old Dec 26, 2013, 7:53 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
It's okay, no one knows
Old Dec 26, 2013, 8:11 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Can I complain about this?

Was flying ABQ-IAH-LAX. ABQ-IAH went mechanical for about 30 min, so we arrived IAH-LAX late. I Ran and got to the gate with a closed door. The GA asked who I was, clicked in the computer, did not scan by BP opend the door and said "Take any open seat." My boarding pass was for seat 1A (UDU) and I ended up on E-.

Any argument to be made that the GA should have check the connections and seen that I had landed and not off loaded me? I DID get to the gate more then 10min before departure time but lost my seat. Should I just be happy I got home?

Thoughts?
Old Dec 26, 2013, 8:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Madone59
Can I complain about this?

Was flying ABQ-IAH-LAX. ABQ-IAH went mechanical for about 30 min, so we arrived IAH-LAX late. I Ran and got to the gate with a closed door. The GA asked who I was, clicked in the computer, did not scan by BP opend the door and said "Take any open seat." My boarding pass was for seat 1A (UDU) and I ended up on E-.

Any argument to be made that the GA should have check the connections and seen that I had landed and not off loaded me? I DID get to the gate more then 10min before departure time but lost my seat. Should I just be happy I got home?

Thoughts?
Wrong thread. But you should've gotten downgrade compensation.
Old Dec 26, 2013, 3:14 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by agp423
Once I was on a regional flight, and I had a free drink coupon voucher. I wanted to use it, but the flight attendant said she did not have the scanner... I asked if I can just give her the coupon and she can scan it later, but she said no.

Which you promptly ignored when you posted here!
Old Jan 18, 2014, 1:50 pm

Programs: DL Plat, B6 Mosaic
I'm flying EWR-MXP tonight and riding the air train today reminded me of something that drives me nuts. I hate how the automated message guy pronounces United. Sounds like U-netted. As in, terminal C serves U-netted and U-netted express. Definitely irrelevant and unimportant in the grand scheme and certainly worthy of being in this thread, but for some reason it just annoys the hell out of me.
Old Jan 18, 2014, 2:14 pm
RNE

Originally Posted by CKinMD
I'm flying EWR-MXP tonight and riding the air train today reminded me of something that drives me nuts. I hate how the automated message guy pronounces United. Sounds like U-netted. As in, terminal C serves U-netted and U-netted express.
Waddayou want from New Yoik?
Old Jan 18, 2014, 2:25 pm

Programs: UA AS DL Hyatt SPG/Bonvoy HHonors
I'm flying EWR-MXP tonight and riding the air train today reminded me of something that drives me nuts. I hate how the automated message guy pronounces United. Sounds like U-netted. As in, terminal C serves U-netted and U-netted express. Definitely irrelevant and unimportant in the grand scheme and certainly worthy of being in this thread, but for some reason it just annoys the hell out of me.
What drives me nuts is how slow and inefficient it is. And then the Port adds about $7 to the train fare for the privilege.
Old Jan 19, 2014, 12:11 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus (PLATINUM); Qatar Privilege Club (PLATINUM)
Very very very substantial

I have written a multitude of letters and requests to please please change the most horrific "chilled appetizer" that is served on any United Airlines flight: A cold ball of putty, wrapped in red cabbage, served on the Delhi and Mumbai flights. Whose idea was that? And it adds to the weight of the plane for no reason, whatsoever.

It is absolutely inedible unless you are a masochist with a death wish. When I tell flight attendants about my disgust for this thing, they invariably tell me that they throw out between 85% and 100% of this thing, uneaten - on every flight.

Helooooooo!!!!
Old Jan 20, 2014, 1:01 pm

Programs: UA 2MM/*A Gold, Alaska MVP Gold, WN A-List, Hertz Platinum, IHG Platinum
-When the 'hot towel' they hand you is either dripping wet or completely dried out. It's not a mop and the dry one just looks like a unraveled tampon. Sorry, too graphic?

-When the FAs actually do PDB and take real drink requests (pmCO FAs) vs flights they offer just water or OJ (pmUA FAs). Be consistent!

-When pmUA FAs do PDB and someone has the audacity to order a real drink and the FA gives you the 'can't you just have water or OJ' glare. Or better yet, presents your drink to you like they're giving a toddler their bottle but simultaneously announces it to everyone in FC: 'HERE'S YOUR JACK AND GINGER' with tone...rude!
Old Jan 20, 2014, 2:31 pm

Programs: CO Gold, SPG Gold
II hate how the automated message guy pronounces United. Sounds like U-netted. As in, terminal C serves U-netted and U-netted express.
Strange. I never noticed in all my years of riding the stupid thing.

But wait, what do you mean it's annoying... Isn't that how "United" is pronounced?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.