Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

What's the Stupidest, Least Substantive UA-Related Thing You Can Complain About?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What's the Stupidest, Least Substantive UA-Related Thing You Can Complain About?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2013, 11:17 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by blokay
The toilet seat on 737's in F will not stay up. Holding the seat up with one hand while the other is occupied in turbulance is not easy.
This is not a trivial issue. I've had that thing slam down like a guillotine. Tragedy narrowly averted.
Old Aug 7, 2013, 11:26 am

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP 100K, Amtrak peon, Colbert Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by blokay
The toilet seat on 737's in F will not stay up. Holding the seat up with one hand while the other is occupied in turbulance is not easy.
+1
Old Aug 7, 2013, 12:35 pm

Programs: UA GS, AA Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
GS/1K/F/C/1P/2P. The Gold BPs even had a perforated spot on the stub so that they could be used to identify jackets in F/C closets.
If I recall correctly, there were also gold ticket jackets.
Old Aug 7, 2013, 12:49 pm

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP 100K, Amtrak peon, Colbert Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by RJNYC
If I recall correctly, there were also gold ticket jackets.
And at the hubs, silver ones specifically for C.
Old Aug 7, 2013, 12:51 pm

Programs: AADULtArer
Originally Posted by PTahCha
Kindly, hover and aim.
+1000
Old Aug 7, 2013, 1:08 pm

Programs: UA Gold, *A Gold, HH Dia, Hertz #1 5*
What really makes me angry is that they serve Minute Maid orange juice. MM is from frozen concentrate, as opposed to Tropicana which is never from concentrate. Hey Jeff Baby, solve the UA OJ fiasco before I start bringing onboard my own juice boxes. I'm glad that's off my chest. Phew!!!!
Old Aug 7, 2013, 1:41 pm

Programs: Former 1KMM now free as UA Gold MM, former HH D, Marriott Lifetime Plat
On a recent dinner flight in F, the FA delivered my cookie with my tray and it wasn't warm by the time I got to it!
Old Aug 7, 2013, 2:25 pm

Programs: UA 1P
My last cookie was too hot. The chocolate chips melted and got all over my face and hands. I must have used a dozen napkins to try to clean myself up and I still had a chocolate smear on my face when I got home.
Old Aug 7, 2013, 2:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
I hate it when I end up with a B aisle seat (vs. my preferred C, D, or E right side aisle, letter depending on plane config) as it means the FA can see the green light on my Bose Q15s and thus is more likely to tell me to take them off on TO&L
Old Aug 7, 2013, 2:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by haddon90
i'm sure this has been brought up...but bring back the old blue/gold stock boarding passes with the old format. the boarding passes now are terrible.
Boarding passes? What are boarding passes?
Old Aug 7, 2013, 3:34 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Something that satisfies my OCD'ness but, sadly, my stash of heavy-duty ticket jackets is dwindling.
Old Aug 7, 2013, 4:50 pm

Programs: *A Junkie, SQ PPS, Skywards Gold, 2 Million Mile Flyer;*wood LT Plat, BA MM
Three years ago, I was on an Air Malawi flight from Dar es Salaam, Tanzania to Blantyre, Malawi. The livery on the 737-500 was clearly marked Air Malawi. Upon entering the cabin via stairs from the very last door I realized something oddly familiar. It was the EXACT interior of a United Airlines aircraft! It had red cloth with a stripe of different colours right down the centre. It even had Economy Plus wriiten under the baggage bins and two rows of First Class were JUST LIKE UNITED! I know, right? AWFUL!

EXCEPT...

It was filthy. The floors were sticky, I didn't want to touch anything, and the seat cushions were worn out and equally dirty. It was so traumatizing to me, that now back in the States when I get into a 737 and see the red cloth seat interiors, I am immediately brought back to my traumatic experience. I had to start therapy and realize I'm suffering from PTSD.

I would like to be compensated for my trauma, miles are fine, and my dog has noticed I'm withdrawn a bit as well. So maybe whatever you were going to give me, please increase it by 25%. Can you recall the airplane and have the airline remove the exclusive United interior?

I'm worried how many others going through a similar traumatic experience. Please help me!
Old Aug 7, 2013, 6:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by JamesHNL
Boarding passes? What are boarding passes?
Those things that are nice to have when United doesn't post your miles and wants "proof".

Old Aug 7, 2013, 7:29 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Delta Plat, AA Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Courtesy Card
Originally Posted by goodeats21
Those things that are nice to have when United doesn't post your miles and wants "proof".

Screenshot, case closed. I don't trust UA to credit my miles until they are credited.
Old Aug 8, 2013, 7:56 pm

Programs: UA/CO GS, PP, MM
Why oh why do the FA in C on 737 check your coat but on A319/320 they do not? This has been happening consistently and I noticed the irony while watching the preflight video where the FA talks about helping the passengers with their coats.

I had one go so far as to announce on entering the cabin that since they don't have a coat closet they weren't checking. But they do have the hangers on the dividers behind the seats.

Then when someone in Y asked to hang his coat the FA helped.

Further on landing the FA asked if a coat was mine that I hung, I said yes, so she skipped over it to get the Y passenger's coat to give back to him. Huh?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.