Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

What's the Stupidest, Least Substantive UA-Related Thing You Can Complain About?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What's the Stupidest, Least Substantive UA-Related Thing You Can Complain About?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2013, 4:35 pm

Programs: UA GS, DL-Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Somethingist, Marriott Titanium Lifetime
I don't like the inconsistency of how the IFE labels the flight map selection. On some aircraft it says map and on others it says flight map.
Old Sep 22, 2013, 6:53 pm

Programs: UA GS 4MM
Originally Posted by Air Houston
I don't like the inconsistency of how the IFE labels the flight map selection. On some aircraft it says map and on others it says flight map.
And while we're grousing about flight map minutia, why can't it show the real flight plan, a la flightaware? Just shows the great circle route from wherever the plane is at the moment.
Old Sep 22, 2013, 10:22 pm

Programs: *A Junkie, SQ PPS, Skywards Gold, 2 Million Mile Flyer;*wood LT Plat, BA MM
Originally Posted by DENflyer3
A new lapbelt was installed in my seat, and it was installed upside down, thus forcing me to twist the belt to make it work. Nothing worse than a twisted seatbelt.
This drives me crazy too!
Old Sep 23, 2013, 3:47 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, EK Gold, CX Silver
Missing bags

Originally Posted by Clarkcc1
So not sure if this is totally on-topic, but I want to make sure I don't get flagged in UA's system as a habitual complainer, as a few on here claim that they have been.

I normally send a complaint when something substantial happens (get something spilled on me, seat doesn't work, and lately, missing bags is now a common theme). Is it justified to complain each time I arrive without my bags?
I recently had a delayed bag internationally - decided not to complain or ask for compensation since it was delivered 32 hrs later, and I'm pretty sure someone took it from the carousel - hard to blame UA. (How do I know you ask? Because there was an identical bag left on the carousel - just with someone else's name on it).

On second thought, someone from UA should hold on to my bags, and ride around and around the carousel with them until I collect them - should I suggest it to 1kVoice?
Old Sep 23, 2013, 8:00 am

Programs: UA 1MM
When 219 landed in HNL yesterday afternoon, the first 40 or so bags that came off the carasol did not have priorty tags. Mine was the second tagged bag that came off though......
Old Sep 30, 2013, 8:02 am

Programs: UA 1k, Hyatt Diamond (no I will not use the new name), Marriott/ SPG lt Plat, JPM Reserve, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
It isn't now (only on intl flights or PS). Separate linen on the pull out tray was PMUA.
I was on IAD-LAX (1219) on 9/18 in F and they put out the separate linens in advance of the meal service which surprised me. I haven't seen it in a while in domestic F.
Old Sep 30, 2013, 9:10 pm

Programs: UA GS, WN A-List, AA Exec Plat, National Emerald
They don't prioritize the order the bread basket goes around. It's not fair that the 1Ks get the cinnamon rolls before the GS!

Last edited by reamworks; Oct 4, 2013 at 9:55 am
Old Sep 30, 2013, 9:39 pm
Formerly known as UATexasFlyer

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Natl. Car Exec Elite, UA 1MM, *G
Boarding was delayed DEN-AUS yesterday because the GA forgot an old lady who needed a wheel chair to deplane.

The incoming crew would not let boarding begin till the poor lady was wheeled out. I hope she did not miss her connection.
Old Oct 1, 2013, 9:17 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I really can't stand the ice they use.
Old Oct 1, 2013, 9:40 pm

Programs: UA GS
I'm here to complain about United's super-sanctimonius frequent flyers. I was privileged to travel with one last night from ORD-BDL!

The flight was running quite behind and I was relaxing in the lounge until when I thought boarding would be well underway. I arrived just as they started, though, and I joined the end of the Group 1 line, already about 20 people deep. I heard the agent call GS, then Group 1, and the line moved forward. There was a gentleman with a Group 1 boarding pass waiting at the end of the lane closest to the gate agent, and before I moved forward I invited him to board ahead of me. He said he was waiting until his group was called. Since this was O'Hare and there were dedicated lanes for groups 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5, so having heard Group 1 invited to board, I was a little confused. Before moving ahead to board, I asked the agent what group she was boarding, and she replied Group 1. I again invited the gentleman to board ahead of me and, unconvinced, he declined a second time. Whatever.

On board, the gentlemen took the seat immediately in front of me. His seatmate made the unwise decision to keep working on his computer after the door was closed and the electronics off announcement was made. After pushing back, a FA noticed he was on his laptop and asked him to turn it off and stow it. Then, from as long as it took us to taxi from C11 past Terminal 5 to runway 28, I listened to Mr. Won't Get on the Plane repeatedly excoriate his seatmate over disobeying what he referred to as the "rules."

Apparently, Mr. Won't Get on the Plane/Won't Leave His Seatmate Alone missed the announcement about not congregating by lavatory/galley/cockpit door, since pretty much as soon as the seatbelt sign went off he took his position blocking both the forward lav and the cockpit door while holding court with the young sCO cabin crew, which seemed all to pleased to loiter in the galley together and schmooze. Of course, service suffered because all of the FAs were busy being monopolized by Mr. Won't Get on the Plane/Won't Leave His Seatmate Alone/Won't Let the FAs Do Their Job.

So the lesson here is if you're so sanctimonious that you won't--after being invited twice--board ahead of someone you wrongfully believe is violating the hallowed boarding group order and so sanctimonious that you give a private lecture to your seatmate about the appropriate use of electronic devices, please don't pick and choose which additional rules and regulations to be sanctimonious about! In congregating in the galley by the cockpit door and adjacent to the lavatory, Mr. Sanctimonious not only disobeyed important security announcements but also prevented his fellow passengers from being taken care of properly by the crew. Bravo, Mr. Selective Application of United Airlines Rules and Regulations!
Old Oct 3, 2013, 8:37 pm

Programs: DL Plat, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat
I try not to use the lav on the planes, but sometimes it can't be helped. Yes, they're cramped, yes, the water doesn't stay on long enough per push to wash the soap off your hands, yes, it can get a little smelly in there. But the worst thing, far and away, is the signage.

There Is No Reason to Capitalize Every Word in a Warning Placard. I Sincerely Wish There Was a $2,000 Fine for Subjecting Me to Looking At That Horrible Butchering of the English Language. I Could Possibly Understand if it Was German, Where Nouns Are Capitalized, but English and Spanish Have No Such Rule. If You Ever Go in the Lav, You'll Notice the Same Thing Now. If You Ever Go in the Lav and See a Snarky Post-It Note On the Placard Criticizing Their Capitalization, You'll Know I Was There.
Old Oct 3, 2013, 9:07 pm

Programs: UA G, Marriott PlatPrem
When you arrive at the gate at the time stated as the 'Board Time' on the pass, only to find that they have already called GROUP 14 (or however many groups they are up to now), and the GA gives you a mean look as she tags bag to be shoved under the plane.
Old Oct 4, 2013, 12:09 am

Programs: Air France Gold, Emirates Gold, former UA 1K, Marriott/Ritz Gold, Hyatt Diamond...
Originally Posted by jadenus
I try not to use the lav on the planes, but sometimes it can't be helped. Yes, they're cramped, yes, the water doesn't stay on long enough per push to wash the soap off your hands, yes, it can get a little smelly in there. But the worst thing, far and away, is the signage.

There Is No Reason to Capitalize Every Word in a Warning Placard. I Sincerely Wish There Was a $2,000 Fine for Subjecting Me to Looking At That Horrible Butchering of the English Language. I Could Possibly Understand if it Was German, Where Nouns Are Capitalized, but English and Spanish Have No Such Rule. If You Ever Go in the Lav, You'll Notice the Same Thing Now. If You Ever Go in the Lav and See a Snarky Post-It Note On the Placard Criticizing Their Capitalization, You'll Know I Was There.
this forum software really need a "like" button !!! hilarious !
Old Oct 4, 2013, 12:23 am

Originally Posted by wildbill412007
When 219 landed in HNL yesterday afternoon, the first 40 or so bags that came off the carasol did not have priorty tags. Mine was the second tagged bag that came off though......
Yeah. On my honeymoon this summer, our bags were among the first 5 in ATH, JMK, ATH again, and CDG. Then we got back to SFO, and it seemed like at least a hundred came off before ours.

My complaint: I wasn't targeted for a promotion that I wouldn't have taken advantage of anyway.
Old Oct 4, 2013, 4:21 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by reamworks
...the cinnamon roles before the GS!
There's quiet a competition among young actresses for those roles.

On the EMB120, the lav is too short; UA should ask for head-shaped holes to be machined in the top of the lavs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.