Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

What's the Stupidest, Least Substantive UA-Related Thing You Can Complain About?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What's the Stupidest, Least Substantive UA-Related Thing You Can Complain About?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2013, 8:50 pm

Programs: UA AS DL Hyatt SPG/Bonvoy HHonors
My SEA-SFO morning flight departed without any liquor boarded. How can anyone start their day?

On Feb 13, the January Hemispheres was still in the seatback pocket
Old Feb 18, 2013, 1:26 pm
Original Member

Programs: UA MM Gold, Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by dannysixpack
5. the old united 'hot towels' were small and so cheesey you can see through them. I liked them much better than the new continental stock, which are large and substantial. the small cheesey united ones were much easier to keep my sinuses hydrated with. I have hundreds (maybe thousands) of these towels which seem to have accidentally made it home with me, both old and new. I'm going to make a quilt out of them and take them on my flights with me. probably will make a great conversation piece with the FA's.
Please make sure you wash them before bringing the quilt version onboard.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 1:47 pm

Programs: UA AS DL Hyatt SPG/Bonvoy HHonors
Originally Posted by dannysixpack
the old united 'hot towels' were small and so cheesey you can see through them. I liked them much better than the new continental stock, which are large and substantial.
Some flight attendants barely put any water onto the towels before serving them - they are essentially mainly dry. Others drench them with boiling water and they are too hot too touch.
I have hundreds (maybe thousands) of these towels which seem to have accidentally made it home with me, both old and new. I'm going to make a quilt out of them and take them on my flights with me.
I hope never to encounter your quilt
Old Feb 20, 2013, 2:05 pm

Programs: United MileagePlus, Starwood, Marriott Rewards
One of the gate agents at YYC by the name of Chris is incredibly helpful. Makes me mad since I have nothing to complain about...
Old Feb 20, 2013, 10:32 pm

Programs: UA GS, AA Gold, Marriott Gold
The sCO IFE map feature incorrectly indicates Toronto as the capital of Canada and So Paulo as the capital of Brasil.
Old Feb 25, 2013, 11:05 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Angry UA view of upgrade list

Here is a dumb UA rule:
To view your name in the upgrade list you need to check in.
I try to check in online within 24hrs of departure (their rule). It tells me that I have to go to the airport to check in.
Call the 1K desk to understand the hang up. He answers: it is a random thing and blames is on the TSA.

Anybody heard of this dog-chasing-tail tale?
Old Feb 25, 2013, 6:14 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA just 8800 mi short of Silver
I think it was the hairpiece worn by a Plat who demanded to take an earlier flight home and it started sliding down his forehead as he demanded that he replace any Gold or Silver that had been upgraded
Old Feb 25, 2013, 6:21 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by vicmmen
Here is a dumb UA rule:
To view your name in the upgrade list you need to check in.
I try to check in online within 24hrs of departure (their rule). It tells me that I have to go to the airport to check in.
Call the 1K desk to understand the hang up. He answers: it is a random thing and blames is on the TSA.

Anybody heard of this dog-chasing-tail tale?
if this is an international itin, then you have a base of http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...e-checkin.html

If domestic only, then it might be "SSSS"
Old Feb 25, 2013, 11:23 pm

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
if this is an international itin, then you have a base of http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...e-checkin.html

If domestic only, then it might be "SSSS"
I had an international itinerary but had a bizarre incident. I had EWR-SFO-HKG-SIN and couldn't check-in online. Called in and said it was probably the passport although she said it looked strange. The agent said I should arrive early.

I arrive 2 hours early to the airport (for a domestic flight with no checked bags). The agent tries to check me in but can't. Calls over a second agent who can't check me in. Calls the super ... can't check in. Miss EWR-SFO so they book me EWR-IAH-SFO due to availability. Calls the helpdesk. They can't figure it out. I miss my EWR-IAH flight so helpdesk recreates the ticket from scratch and books me EWR-LAS-SFO. They fail to tell me that they lost ALL my seats (outbound and inbound).

Took 4 hours to check me in and I still don't know what the issue was -- I just knew I had to run to the gate.

Long story short... I went from EWR-SFO-HKG-SIN to EWR-LAS-FAT-SFO-HNL-NRT-SIN. Agents who brought up my ticket (esp at HNL) had a good 5 minute laugh.
Old Feb 26, 2013, 1:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EXP, AA-0.41MM, UA-Gold, Ex UA-1K (2006 thru 2015), PMUA-0.95MM, COUA-1.5MM-lite, AF-Silver
Originally Posted by edcho
I had an international itinerary but had a bizarre incident. I had EWR-SFO-HKG-SIN and couldn't check-in online. Called in and said it was probably the passport although she said it looked strange. The agent said I should arrive early.

I arrive 2 hours early to the airport (for a domestic flight with no checked bags). The agent tries to check me in but can't. Calls over a second agent who can't check me in. Calls the super ... can't check in. Miss EWR-SFO so they book me EWR-IAH-SFO due to availability. Calls the helpdesk. They can't figure it out. I miss my EWR-IAH flight so helpdesk recreates the ticket from scratch and books me EWR-LAS-SFO. They fail to tell me that they lost ALL my seats (outbound and inbound).

Took 4 hours to check me in and I still don't know what the issue was -- I just knew I had to run to the gate.

Long story short... I went from EWR-SFO-HKG-SIN to EWR-LAS-FAT-SFO-HNL-NRT-SIN. Agents who brought up my ticket (esp at HNL) had a good 5 minute laugh.
So failure to check in through no fault of the customer has become the least substantive complaint? Between customers staying loyal after being kicked off taking picks of their IFE and this, UA has most of you trained.
Old Mar 8, 2013, 9:02 pm

Programs: WN A-List, UA Gold, Hilton Diamond, SBUX Gold
The moist towelette in my tapas box was bone dry. And I needed it because I hadn't noticed the toothpick at the bottom of the box so I ate my Oloves with my fingers (the toothpick should be taped to the Oloves package).
Old Mar 16, 2013, 10:44 am

Programs: UA-GS; WN A-list;Hyatt - CC; Hertz - PC
In this months issue of Hemispheres, it shows Jonipher, Kwong getting his two round trip tickets, and it s big full size ticket, but the ticket shows that he is a 1K seated in Economy in seat 1E. 1E is an F ticket, come on United get it right, this type of missing attention to detali is why the airline is going downhill. At least they got boarding group right.
Old Mar 16, 2013, 2:12 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by DENflyer3
In this months issue of Hemispheres, it shows Jonipher, Kwong getting his two round trip tickets, and it s big full size ticket, but the ticket shows that he is a 1K seated in Economy in seat 1E. 1E is an F ticket, come on United get it right, this type of missing attention to detali is why the airline is going downhill. At least they got boarding group right.
There's a 1E in Economy on a CRJ-200, maybe he's being punished for something.
Old Mar 18, 2013, 10:47 am

Programs: kayaker
Originally Posted by DENflyer3
Originally Posted by CMK10
My wife actually noticed this on our flight last week, and I gave CMK10's suggestion. But then we were thinking, wouldn't it say "economy plus"? (I know, I know, any seat in row 1 on the CR2 is worse than any other seat, but they still market it as E+...)
Old Mar 18, 2013, 11:42 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by CMK10
There's no E on a CRJ-200 - it's either AB/CD or AC/DF

Based on their website, the only 1E in Economy would be on a Dash 8-200.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.