Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry Revocations [merged threads]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Global Entry Revocations [merged threads]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2021, 11:48 am

Programs: HH Diamond
Sorry this happened. I am sure its frustrating not to know. Would your travel history have anything to do with it? Did you go somewhere that might flag you as a risk? Its so hard to know if they won't tell you. But even getting your senator involved (congratulations on having a senator who would respond) didn't lead anywhere, it seems like they are pretty adamant in their reasons.
Old Apr 2, 2021, 12:33 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Mistaken identity?

Supposedly CBP search the list of Trusted Travelers against various LE databases daily. As a LEO, can you do a search on yourself to see if any hits?
Boraxo likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2021, 7:45 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Social media posts -- new or old -- that may have caused DHS (and/or a DHS contractor) concern about you in recent months?
Loren Pechtel and Often1 like this.
Old Apr 3, 2021, 12:53 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
People have their GE revoked for reasons having nothing to do with violations of the law, certainly non-criminal.

It could be as simple as GUWonder points out, as untoward social media posts, travel to destinations which raise red flags, one-way tickets, who paid for the tickets and then related conduct by someone using the same address.

Going to a GE enrollment office is a mistake because they have absolutely no authority to adjudicate and make changes. It is possible that you might be directed to one if there are identification or other matters which need to be verified. But, if you show up unannounced, the result is likely to be somewhere from entirely neutral to hostile.

At this point, you may want to make a FOIA request. That can take forever and is not likely to reveal anything useful, but it might. Additionally, there are some reports that FOIA requests have resulted in further file review, although you should not count on it nor is that properly part of a FOIA request.

Finally, if your current position does afford you access to various law enforcement databases not accessible by the general public, you should carefully review the law and rules regarding access or having others access on your behalf, before doing so.

Last edited by Often1; Apr 3, 2021 at 1:25 pm
Old Apr 4, 2021, 5:42 pm

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Almeehan It is obvious that the DHA/CPB is using the "Cannot satisfy CBP of your low-risk status" as their criteria. Sorry to have this happen to you.

You have chosen to report in this thread that you "worked for a faith based org. & needed to travel rapidly at times." I'm assuming that you mention this because you feel that this may have set off some red flags. Perhaps there is something about that organization that you don't know about, and whatever it is, DHS/CPB no longer considers you as someone who can be satisfactorily evaluated as low-risk.
Old Apr 6, 2021, 10:47 am

Programs: Delta Gold. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Explorist.
Originally Posted by Almeehan
DHS sent me an email with link to CBP TTP with a "status change." The letter attached informed me March 11, 2021 my TTP was revoked. I've been authorized since December 2018. Only explanation was I 'no longer met the eligibility requirements.' I was given a box to contest the decision and replying I advised them I was a sworn LEO still employed in good standing, also worked for a faith based org. & needed to travel rapidly at times. Second letter replying stated that explanation was reviewed but the CBP "ombudsman" upheld the revocation. Neither letter had a person's name, only the word ombudsman. I had a US Senator from my state look into it and he came back saying he contacted them but couldn't help change the outcome. DHS gives the following on their website: Reasons for Ineligibility
You may not be eligible for participation in the Global Entry program if you:
Provide false or incomplete information on the application;
Have been convicted of any criminal offense or have pending criminal charges or outstanding warrants (to include driving under the influence);
Have been found in violation of any customs, immigration or agriculture regulations or laws in any country;
Are the subject of an ongoing investigation by any federal, state or local law enforcement agency;
Are inadmissible to the United States under immigration regulation, including applicants with approved waivers of inadmissibility or parole documentation; or
Cannot satisfy CBP of your low-risk status.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So suddenly I've become a high risk or am under investigation that I'm unaware of as I don't see where any of the others apply. I've file a FOIA attempting to find their reason as they say they can't or won't tell me. This all came out of the Atlanta office. And no, I wasn't in Washington, DC January 6, 2021!
I would go ahead and submit a DHS redress inquiry. The process is far from perfect, but it will get them to take another look at your case and possibly investigate whether or not you are a victim of mistaken identity.
Old Apr 6, 2021, 7:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP.
Originally Posted by Amil
Just got an email that my ttp status changed so I logged online and it says GE revoked. Ive never done anything illegal or had any issues with customs. I am an honest citizen and I am very concerned why it happened.

I do see this option but not sure what I even did wrong to fill it out.

"You may provide additional documentation to the CBP Trusted Traveler Ombudsman and Request Reconsideration, but that does not mean it will be granted. To submit a Reconsideration Request please click on the Request Reconsideration button below. For additional information on what to include in your Reconsideration Request please see the FAQs."

just an update the Ombudsman retained their revocation on my appeal and they suggested I do an FOIA . I'm still waiting on my congressman to see if they can find anything. Besides the FOIA is there anything I should try?
Old Apr 6, 2021, 9:09 pm
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
It seems that AMIL has to prove himself innocent--but it seems that no "charges" have been brought against him. Don't FOIA requests have to be filed with a specific agency?--the gov't is "top heavy" with them...lots of paperwork.
There are sites on the internet that will (for a fee) do deep searches into your background--assuming one finds a reputable site, would this be a good route to follow?
Amil likes this.
Old Apr 7, 2021, 10:10 am

just an update the Ombudsman retained their revocation on my appeal and they suggested I do an FOIA . I'm still waiting on my congressman to see if they can find anything. Besides the FOIA is there anything I should try?

Just another update from the FOIA I submitted last night ....Apparently my file is an exemption for the freedom of information act. Just waiting on my congressman to say the same thing and then i'll just live with it.

The Trusted Traveler Programs are voluntary, available to persons who pass a comprehensive background check and have no significant criminal history. Applicants may not qualify for participation in the Trusted Traveler Programs if they: provide false or incomplete information on the application; have been convicted of any criminal offense or are subject to pending criminal charges, to include outstanding warrants; have been found in violation of any customs, immigration, or agriculture regulations or laws in any country; are the subject of an investigation by any federal, state, or local law enforcement agency; are inadmissible to the United States under immigration regulations, including applicants with approved waivers of inadmissibility or parole documentation; cannot satisfy CBP of their low-risk status or meet other program requirements.

CBP records indicate that your application for membership in the Trusted Traveler Program was denied
because you do not meet the strict standard requirements outlined above. Due to law enforcement
sensitive information, we are unable to disclose specific information regarding your denial. Any
responsive records have been withheld, pursuant to Title 5 U.S.C. 552 and have applied the appropriate
exemptions, b(7)(E).

Now I have anxiety that my government has an ongoing investigation on me but has the wrong guy and they are gonna burst through my doors at any moment hah.

Last edited by Amil; Apr 7, 2021 at 10:19 am
Old Apr 7, 2021, 3:02 pm

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Any responsive records have been withheld, pursuant to Title 5 U.S.C. 552 and have applied the appropriate exemptions, b(7)(E).
https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/5/552
5 U.S. Code 552 - Public information; agency rules, opinions, orders, records, and proceedings
(b) This section does not apply to matters that are
(7) records or information compiled for law enforcement purposes, but only to the extent that the production of such law enforcement records or information
(E) would disclose techniques and procedures for law enforcement investigations or prosecutions, or would disclose guidelines for law enforcement investigations or prosecutions if such disclosure could reasonably be expected to risk circumvention of the law
Amil and 747FC like this.
Old Apr 7, 2021, 9:18 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Well that's interesting. In reading that USC section, it sounds like there is an active investigation of some sort and they are exempted form giving you more information because it would disclose what they've already done/how they did it (like maybe a wire tap) or would tell you what they are actively doing which might allow you to circumvent their ability to do whatever it is they're doing.
Amil likes this.
Old Apr 7, 2021, 9:46 pm

Originally Posted by jasonvr
Well that's interesting. In reading that USC section, it sounds like there is an active investigation of some sort and they are exempted form giving you more information because it would disclose what they've already done/how they did it (like maybe a wire tap) or would tell you what they are actively doing which might allow you to circumvent their ability to do whatever it is they're doing.
its scary to know this Is happening. I have no idea why.
Old Apr 8, 2021, 6:43 am

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
its scary to know this Is happening. I have no idea why.
I should make it clear, I am not a lawyer and this was layperson's understanding of the USC. Just a fellow GE holder
Amil likes this.
Old Apr 9, 2021, 2:02 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
"Investigation" is a broad term. It does not mean that there are federal agents out interviewing people.

This could be as simple as travel to a location of concern which causes a red flag.
Old Apr 9, 2021, 10:47 pm

Originally Posted by Often1
"Investigation" is a broad term. It does not mean that there are federal agents out interviewing people.

This could be as simple as travel to a location of concern which causes a red flag.
So that should be written in the FOIA not on exemption.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.