Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry Revocations [merged threads]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Global Entry Revocations [merged threads]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2024, 8:57 pm

Programs: UA GS 1.6MM, JPMorgan Reserve, Bonvoy Titanium & LTP
Originally Posted by ChrisFlyer66
The redress inquiry will trigger them to look into your case. If you were revoked based on mistaken identity (such as having the same name as somebody on a watch list), the redress inquiry could sort that out, even though they will never tell you exactly what happened.
Thank you. I highly doubt the name is an issue, or could have caused a mixup.... The GE officer in JFK said it was most likely that they mixed up the GE numbers when they wanted to revoke someone elses.. Lets see and fingers crossed.
Old Feb 5, 2024, 9:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
Originally Posted by hawata
The GE officer in JFK said it was most likely that they mixed up the GE numbers when they wanted to revoke someone elses..
I like to think it's more like something like this

Old Feb 6, 2024, 12:14 am

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Originally Posted by hawata
Thank you. I highly doubt the name is an issue, or could have caused a mixup.... .

Don’t be so sure. A friend of mine was placed on the No Fly List, despite holding a very top-level law enforcement position and having a plain vanilla name. Turrned out someone else with the plain vanilla name was on the list. He had to seek redress, which of course was granted.
SPN Lifer, Boraxo and Silver Fox like this.
Old Feb 26, 2024, 8:05 am

Programs: Delta Diamond 1MM, Marriott Plat
Hi all - if someone had a misdemeanor arrest 5 years ago - Global Entry revoked at that time - case was eventually dismissed / no conviction - would you expect someone to be approved again now, if reapplying?
Old Mar 23, 2024, 2:39 am

Saudi Visit a Problem?

Hi all
There‘s a list of countries that end your eligibility for ESTA when having visited them (the usual suspects like Iran, North Korea etc.). Does anyone happen to know whether the same applies for Global Entry and, if yes, what the countries are? I‘m planning to visit Saudi. While I don‘t think that this is an issue (after all it‘s consideres as a US ally), I do not want to jeopardize my GE.
Old Mar 31, 2024, 9:58 pm

Programs: UA GS 1.6MM, JPMorgan Reserve, Bonvoy Titanium & LTP
it has been 5 month since i send in my request for reconsideration. Are there any timelines that can we shared on the expected wait time?
Old Apr 13, 2024, 8:37 am

Revoked? No reason? Lots of hassling all of a sudden

I had global entry for years (at least 10+). All of sudden last summer I suddenly started getting called out and searched fairly thoroughly. At first I thought it was just a routine sort of audit thing. Then it happened repeatedly and every single time. I would show up at global entry, go to a room and they would search my luggage.

finally I started asking about it. I was told they were worried about money laundering. That's fine, but I pointed out that I have NEVER been found to violate a law or have an issue with a border crossing. After 10 or so crossings last year where this happened I asked how I could stop this treatment - it felt deliberate and discriminatory. I was told I lost all my rights when I crossed the border by the cbp officer. I was stunned (that is completely untrue) but said nothing other than I did not think that was the case. Poof - global entry revoked.

I reapplied as required but now I am curious. There are two things that I think happened.

1. I think my former wife might have called in some sort of tip on me. Maybe it was my travel patterns' as well, but all of a sudden to be considered a risk for being a money launderer seems really odd.
2. I am certain the cops revoked the global entry because I had the temerity to question their actions.

I did submit a redress request and the searches seemed to have stopped. But Is there any recourse here? I would love to get to the bottom of what happened. Ironically not having global entry hasn't slowed me down at all. Literally the only difference is I take my shoes off and laptop out now. The timing between regular and pre check is nothing. Even re-entering the country is about the same amount of time - especially when one factors in the search that I had to endure each time I came back.

EDIT: I see in the letter "I no longer meet the requirements". SInce I have not been arrested or violated customs I have to believe it was something else.

Last edited by TWA884; Apr 18, 2024 at 9:55 am Reason: Discussion of the legality of US Customs warrantless searches was moved to the Policy Debate forum
Old Apr 18, 2024, 10:04 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Exclamation Moderator's Note

The Trusted Travelers forum is the place to ask and receive practical information concerning the Trusted Travelers programs. Debates and arguments about whether it is legal for US Customs and Border Protection officers to conduct warrantless searches of travels entering the United States for belongs in the Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate forum.

The discussion of the legality US CBP warrantless searches was moved to that forum:TWA884
Travel Safety/Security co-moderator
Old Apr 18, 2024, 1:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
FYI as I don't know how true the reported facts are but read in another travel-related website forum that there may be a guilt by association factor. The poster there just got notice that their TTP membership was cancelled as they no longer fulfilled the conditions. Puzzled as they had violated nothing. Turns out upon further investigation, that the OP's adult child who uses the parents' address for mailing purposes (but does not reside on the parental house) was driving a car that got searched by CBP. Car contained prescription(?) narcotics (forbidden in the U.S.) belonging to the child's partner. Child lost TTP and parents believe they also did due to having a common address.
SPN Lifer and zephyr17 like this.

Last edited by YVR Cockroach; Apr 19, 2024 at 10:20 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.