FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Trusted Travelers (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trusted-travelers-732/)
-   -   Global Entry Revocations [merged threads] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trusted-travelers/1617123-global-entry-revocations-merged-threads.html)

dunkie26 Nov 5, 2011 8:28 am

Global Entry Revocations [merged threads]

I’m British born, now a very happy US citizen, and have been using the Global Entry entry system having successfully applied for it last year. Im in china right now on a long work trip, then Australia, and I just received an e-mail stating my Global Entry had been revoked.

I have done nothing, had only personal change in my life, having a new employer, everything else is as it was when I applied and I applied with all my accurate details, nothing left out. Any advice appreciated, i.e. is this common? Should I have notified of my new employer? Are there random changes to the program? Are they tightening the qualification.

It’s a little worrying being abroad with work and having this happen, as I’m sure folks here would understand. Now I’m worried my passport will be revoked or I will have entry issues...

The e-mail just stated the following:

RE: Your Global Entry Program Membership 982xxxxxxx

We regret to inform you that your membership in Global Entry has been revoked for the following reason:

Does not meet program strict standards for membership.

I believe I have no recourse until I make another site visit to their office at Dallas airport to try and clear this up, but any insight appreciated, especially if there are any CBP officers kicking around this forum.

Ari Nov 5, 2011 12:10 pm

How long have you had it?

Did you make a mistake on your initial application that might have been discovered recently? (Like a criminal record, having paid a fine in Customs before, etc).

Where has your travel pattern been like lately?

squeakr Nov 5, 2011 1:05 pm

interesting column from Christopher Elliott

http://onyoursi.de/2011/10/whats-you...-global-entry/

Often1 Nov 5, 2011 1:22 pm

Originally Posted by dunkie26 (Post 17396247)
I’m British born, now a very happy US citizen, and have been using the Global Entry entry system having successfully applied for it last year. Im in china right now on a long work trip, then Australia, and I just received an e-mail stating my Global Entry had been revoked.

I have done nothing, had only personal change in my life, having a new employer, everything else is as it was when I applied and I applied with all my accurate details, nothing left out. Any advice appreciated, i.e. is this common? Should I have notified of my new employer? Are there random changes to the program? Are they tightening the qualification.

It’s a little worrying being abroad with work and having this happen, as I’m sure folks here would understand. Now I’m worried my passport will be revoked or I will have entry issues...

The e-mail just stated the following:

RE: Your Global Entry Program Membership 982xxxxxxx

We regret to inform you that your membership in Global Entry has been revoked for the following reason:

Does not meet program strict standards for membership.

I believe I have no recourse until I make another site visit to their office at Dallas airport to try and clear this up, but any insight appreciated, especially if there are any CBP officers kicking around this forum.

Your proposed course of action is best. When you return, make a site visit. Ask what happened. Do not start making suppositions until you have heard them out. Answer in a neutral and non-confrontational manner, no matter what is said.

This could be nothing and it could be something. The worst mistakes are made by people who try to refute something which turns out not to be an issue. Until you learn what the issue is, don't second-guess. And, on return, do not use the kiosk.

ESpen36 Nov 5, 2011 2:14 pm

You probably just forgot to disclose something on your application, and somehow it popped up on CBP's radar screen, flagging your profile.

Stop by the nearest CBP office when you return Stateside and see what can be done about it. The officer might not be able to give you the specifics of the denial because of security concerns, but you could offer to reapply from scratch, perhaps.

Another possibility is that if you have a common name, somebody with your same name (or very close to it) might have been arrested, found in violation of customs/immigration laws somewhere in the world, etc. In that case, CBP might have decided to block everyone with that name (or variations of it) until everything gets sorted out.

Remember, GE is a trusted traveler program. If you give CBP the slightest reason not to trust you, GE membership can be terminated.

dunkie26 Nov 5, 2011 6:41 pm

no mistakes were made on initial entry. Ive had it about a year.

Travel patterns have been excessive, covered many european countries last month, now china/australia.

Im probably going to have to wait until i get home, was more interested if anyone else had had a similar experience and if it could be something minor. I truly dont think there are any errors, not even the smallest on my approved application.

Just job change in the last 6 weeks

cbn42 Nov 6, 2011 1:18 am

"Does not meet program strict standards for membership" is not even grammatically correct.

Are you sure this e-mail isn't a prank or a phishing attempt?

dunkie26 Nov 6, 2011 5:01 am

yes, this is from the official notice when i logged into the website. I have an inside contact, should know more after cob monday --- i know im clean, what they know, who knows...

Ari Nov 6, 2011 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by squeakr (Post 17397477)

Very interesting; thanks for sharing.

SkyTeam777 Dec 22, 2012 9:01 am

This is very interesting. I wonder if frequent travel patterns to certain countries can cause the reversal of Global Entry access. Did you try contacting the Ombudsman? Were you able to continue using TSA Pre-Check (assuming you are elite) after GE was revoked?

What is the normal turnaround time for contacting the Ombudsman via mail?

Dubai Stu Dec 24, 2012 9:25 am

Could you travel profile make them think/suspect that you are not currently a U.S. resident?

nrr Dec 24, 2012 1:23 pm

Have you tried logging onto your GE account? Do you see any messages or termination notices there?
[There are all sorts of pranksters and scammers on the internet--many of the messages they send look authentic, but aren't.]

RTW1 Dec 24, 2012 1:36 pm

Did you see you are replying to something that's a year old?

Ari Dec 24, 2012 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by RTW1 (Post 19915405)

I was wondering the same thing-- this is over a year old.

nrr Dec 24, 2012 4:13 pm

Originally Posted by RTW1 (Post 19915405)

I saw the OP and some recent posts, but was remiss in not checking the date this thread started.:o
However, it would be nice to know what the is OP's current status re GE.