Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry Revocations [merged threads]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Global Entry Revocations [merged threads]

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2020, 4:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by Steve_ZA
I'm a British Citizen and UK resident and my GE has just been revoked with the "We regret to inform you that you no longer meet program eligibility requirements and your participation in the Global Entry program has been revoked." message.
Have you checked your ESTA first?
Old May 12, 2020, 4:35 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by garykung
Have you checked your ESTA first?
Yes, my ESTA is still valid.
Old May 12, 2020, 5:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Yes, my ESTA is still valid.
My guess is it may have something to do with the current COVID-19 situation.

But I could be wrong.
Old May 12, 2020, 6:03 am

My guess is it may have something to do with the current COVID-19 situation.

But I could be wrong.
That is my guess too.
Old May 12, 2020, 9:20 am

That is my guess too.
Good luck man, I'm in a similar boat (although I'm a US citizen who got revoked after 2 years of having/using GE without any reason given).

You can try logging in to the portal and request a reconsideration but the obvious awkward thing is that while they say "feel free to provide any information or documents necessary to help clear up the issue," we have no idea why we were revoked in the first place.

Definitely keep us updated though, personally I'm pretty lost on what to do next.
Steve_ZA likes this.
Old May 12, 2020, 12:43 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, HH Diamond, Radisson Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, Shangri La Jade
I'm a British Citizen and UK resident and my GE has just been revoked with the "We regret to inform you that you no longer meet program eligibility requirements and your participation in the Global Entry program has been revoked." message.

Interestingly this happened a few hours after I asked the UK Border Force for a new GE Access Code to start the renewal process so I'm guessing that making this request has triggered some automated denial.

I had similar a couple of years ago. (Also a British citizen). Tried an FOI request and got nothing.
Old May 13, 2020, 8:03 am

I contacted the CBP via the web contact form and as predicted they sent a very wordy reply that told me nothing new. I plan to reapply after the proclamations are reversed/revoked (not sure what happens with proclamations) and see what happens.

Originally Posted by sarahluv
I had similar a couple of years ago. (Also a British citizen). Tried an FOI request and got nothing.
Did you ever reapply?
Old May 13, 2020, 4:37 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, HH Diamond, Radisson Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, Shangri La Jade
I contacted the CBP via the web contact form and as predicted they sent a very wordy reply that told me nothing new. I plan to reapply after the proclamations are reversed/revoked (not sure what happens with proclamations) and see what happens.

Did you ever reapply?
no, I haven't bothered to reapply.

what do you mean by proclamations?
Old May 14, 2020, 3:00 am

Originally Posted by sarahluv
what do you mean by proclamations?
The presidential proclamations that banned US travel for those in the UK/EU.
Old May 26, 2020, 9:35 am

Welp, yet another attempt to get more information or reconsideration for my revocation got shut down.

I made a request via DHS TRIP about a month ago and received a response today. The response from DHS themselves was fairly generic: said they can't confirm or deny if I'm on any federal watchlists or reveal any sensitive law enforcement information, gave me a redress number to "prevent any potential confusion at the border," and included a response from CBP about my revocation.

CBP's letter essentially outlined the series of events as I know them without providing anything useful: "you were revoked because you do not meet guidelines for participation. You then requested a reconsideration from the ombudsman who determined no change was warranted. Sorry."

Obviously I'm not going to pay another $100 to re-apply when I have zero clue why my existing membership was revoked, but I don't understand why it's been impossible to even get information on why it was revoked.

I'm stumped.
Old May 26, 2020, 2:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by churnandburn42
Obviously I'm not going to pay another $100 to re-apply when I have zero clue why my existing membership was revoked, but I don't understand why it's been impossible to even get information on why it was revoked.
The information is classified as LE only. But you can certainly take a guess on the reason of revocation.
Old May 26, 2020, 3:45 pm

The information is classified as LE only. But you can certainly take a guess on the reason of revocation.
I really have zero clue. I've had GE for about two years and used it several times internationally, and precheck countless times domestically. Never had any interactions with police or law enforcement, not even a traffic ticket. Never had any issue at an airport or going through customs, nothing more than "oops forgot I had water in my water bottle" when going through security.

I traveled internationally just a couple weeks before I was revoked so I don't know if it's coincidental that I was shutdown shortly after that, or if it was from something in the past.

I'm completely stumped.
Old May 26, 2020, 4:49 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by churnandburn42
I really have zero clue.

I'm completely stumped.
Based upon your posting history, it would appear as if your AAdvantage account may have been locked for churning. If that is correct, perhaps AA security flagged you.
Old Jun 2, 2020, 8:24 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Originally Posted by TWA884
Based upon your posting history, it would appear as if your AAdvantage account may have been locked for churning. If that is correct, perhaps AA security flagged you.
Would breach of a consumer contract be a basis for revoking GE? If someone defaults on their car loan, does that mean they could lose GE?
Old Jun 2, 2020, 12:39 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by drewguy
Would breach of a consumer contract be a basis for revoking GE? If someone defaults on their car loan, does that mean they could lose GE?
That's a good question. Global Entry and the other Trusted Travelers programs are for individuals who are deemed to be low risk. Does a breach of a consumer contract or defaulting on a loan take one out of the low risk status category and makes them untrustworthy?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.