Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry Revocations [merged threads]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Global Entry Revocations [merged threads]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2019, 7:16 am

Programs: Delta Kryptonium
Originally Posted by squawk1200
Confirm first. Then worry about it... How do you know that "Officer Friendly" was actually from CBP? Sounds like a scam to me...
I second a scam, CBP would not call. I strongly suggest you change your password on your GOES account to a password you use nowhere else as your account may have been hacked.
nancypants likes this.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 8:15 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Handle this step at a time.

I find it hard to believe that a federal agent would call about an administrative detail in the middle of a drug smuggling investigation. To be frank, I would be surprised that anyone would call at all. People tend to get letters or nothing at all.
downinit, flyquiet and nancypants like this.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 9:11 am

Originally Posted by rubesl
I second a scam, CBP would not call. I strongly suggest you change your password on your GOES account to a password you use nowhere else as your account may have been hacked.
Third on this. In my experience, unless you have made contact with CBP in the past about some matter, they will never drop you an unsolicited call. There's a small chance that something is actually going on but reach out to them at their own number.

Call (877) 227-5511 (their contact number) and say that you need to confirm whether anyone at CBP is trying to make contact with you. If it turns out not to be them, definitely use this chance to report someone impersonating CBP. If there is something going on, take it from there (and maybe get a lawyer too).
nancypants likes this.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 9:26 am

Programs: Global Mercenary
Do you honestly think the DEA and local/federal authorities would simply revoke your GE for a potential federal narcotic crime??

There would have to be an investigation of the OP by authorities.

This is a total joke and waste of FT time.
nancypants likes this.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 3:13 pm

I just logged onto the Trusted Traveler portal, and sure enough the status now says "Revoked" with the following generic letter. I also called and they confirmed my status is revoked and that I should receive a letter in the mail.
What are my options at this point?

Dear XXXX:

Thank you for your participation in the Global Entry program of U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP).

Global Entry is a voluntary program available to travelers that pass a comprehensive background investigation. Applicants found to be ineligible for Global Entry participation may still be permitted to enter into the United States although they will not be permitted to use the Global Entry dedicated lanes.

We regret to inform you that your membership in Global Entry has been revoked for the following reason(s):You do not meet the program eligibility requirements.If you believe the decision was based upon inaccurate or incomplete information, you may be eligible to request reconsideration through the Trusted Traveler Program application website:

Reconsideration Requests and attachments to the Ombudsman should be in English and must include the following details:
  1. Date of denial and denial reason(s) from this letter
  2. Summary of information to further clarify a record or explain an incident or arrest;
  3. Court disposition documentation in PDF format for all arrests or convictions, even if expunged; and/or
  4. Other supporting documentation you feel may influence the Ombudsman's decision. Supported formats: PDF, DOCX, DOC, PNG, JPEG, and GIF.

The review by the Ombudsman will be based on the information provided by you and should include any information to further clarify a record, explain an incident or arrest, or show the disposition of criminal charges. Please remember that the following circumstances may make you ineligible for participation:
  1. Providing false or incomplete information on the application;
  2. Convictions for any criminal offense or pending criminal charges to include outstanding warrants;
  3. Violations of any customs, immigration, or agriculture regulations or laws in any country;
  4. Inadmissibility to the United States under immigration laws;
  5. Receipt of a criminal pardon from any country; or
  6. Other circumstances that indicate to CBP that you have not qualified as "low risk."
Sincerely,

Supervisor, Global Entry Enrollment Center
U.S. Customs and Border Protection
Old Apr 2, 2019, 3:45 pm

Programs: AA-EXP, BAEC Silver, Hyatt-Globalist, Hilton-gold, SPG-gold
If you feel like you are the victim of identity theft, you can go to the police and file a report. You did not say if you have ordered medications (including non-narcotics) on line. Do you know the name of the company? I wonder if they would be able to tell you how payment was made. I hope you get this worked out. I had a friend who was in revoked status due to an arrest, but was able to get it reinstated by showing that the charges were dropped. Good luck.
nancypants likes this.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 4:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by overthewall
What can I do about this, and what implications will there be when traveling internationally?
Nothing, except that expect a full search every single time when you travel internationally (Note - CBP is within its rights to search any inbound passengers, GE or not.)

Can I get GE reinstated?
Never.

Is TSA Pre gone as well?
If your TSA PreCheck come from GE, then yes. But you will still be qualified for a separate TSA PreCheck, given TSA does not care about this.
nancypants likes this.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 5:19 pm

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
It is surprising that the first you hear about "your" illegal narcotics is from CBP about GE.

To be honest, I would be more concerned about that other shoe dropping than about my GE at this point. If someone thinks you're shipping contraband, don't you expect a visit from drug police? Making your travel less convenient is not really the usual sole punishment for shipping contraband.

If this was mailed (USPS), you should contact the USPS Inspector General office. It is an offence to tamper with mailboxes, let alone ship contraband through the mail.

The letter on the portal gives you a set of instructions, and it seems worthwhile to follow those once you obtain more facts.
nancypants likes this.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 5:52 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
OP - To answer your question, if you wish to pursue an "appeal" you must follow, to the letter, the instructions in the notice you received.

Keep your submission short and succinct and understand that it may take many months to hear back. In the meantime, you will not have GE when you enter the country and Pre-Check won't be available either. I would not hold by breath about reinstatement in any event.
nancypants likes this.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 11:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by flyquiet
If this was mailed (USPS), you should contact the USPS Inspector General office. It is an offence to tamper with mailboxes, let alone ship contraband through the mail.
It has nothing to do with the IGs. <redacted by moderator> the USPS has its law enforcement arms - USPIS?

Also - AFAICT, things will get complicated with OP. Because CBP does not deal with investigation, this case sounds like will be passed to ICE.

Last edited by TWA884; Apr 3, 2019 at 12:40 pm Reason: Overly personalized
Old Apr 3, 2019, 11:08 am

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
OK whatever. My point is, the postal service has its own police function that should also be involved. (Though if the shipment constituted mail fraud, I think IG is relevant.)
Old Apr 3, 2019, 11:38 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors, Practical Travel Safety Issues & San Francisco

Programs: UA, Hilton, Priceline, AirBnB
I would agree with those who say that losing GE is the least of your problems

If they’ve tracked narcotics activity through the mail you can bet that the Postal Service as well as possibly the DEA is involved as well. So I would contact a lawyer first thing and see what they recommend. At the very least have your mail sent to an alternate address.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 5:32 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Apply for PreCheck and see what happens.
Old Apr 6, 2019, 7:37 am

Programs: Delta Kryptonium
Originally Posted by flyquiet
OK whatever. My point is, the postal service has its own police function that should also be involved. (Though if the shipment constituted mail fraud, I think IG is relevant.)
USPIS (United States Postal Inspection Service)
Old Apr 9, 2019, 11:44 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
Originally Posted by rubesl
USPIS (United States Postal Inspection Service)
(... as anyone who's seen "The Detour" is also familiar with )

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.