Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry Revocations [merged threads]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Global Entry Revocations [merged threads]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2015, 11:57 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, AA. Plasticy things! That give me, y'know, Stuff!
Originally Posted by Often1
Water under the bridge for this OP, but keep your encounters with CBP professional. Eye-rolling and the like does nothing to move the ball and as OP found, started down a very bad path. The guys asks for your passport, you hand it to him. If you drop it, you apologize and hand it to him.
Too much to expect CBP to be professional though? It's sad to expect people to roll over and beg. But, I guess it is for the good of the reich and all Citizens must learn to obey for their own safety and continued privilges.
Old Jun 5, 2015, 12:09 pm

There's professionalism and then there's being on a power trip for no reason at all. Who cares if the traveler gets his passport out on the table for the officer or if he hands it to him? Take the damn passport and go back to searching grandmothers for smuggled apples.
Old Jun 5, 2015, 12:27 pm
Moderator: Information Desk, Women Travelers, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold
It would have been nice if you had included the handcuffing piece in your OP. It is a game changer and moves from SOL to COL (completely out of luck).

As soon as force was used, the Officer and his Supervisor wrote it up, just in case you later asserted some injury. The chances that such an entry is removed are somewhat less than zero.

Water under the bridge for this OP, but keep your encounters with CBP professional. Eye-rolling and the like does nothing to move the ball and as OP found, started down a very bad path. The guys asks for your passport, you hand it to him. If you drop it, you apologize and hand it to him.
Absolutely agreed. We may not like it, but thems the rules.
Old Jun 5, 2015, 1:28 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Frustrated Traveller
There's professionalism and then there's being on a power trip for no reason at all. Who cares if the traveler gets his passport out on the table for the officer or if he hands it to him? Take the damn passport and go back to searching grandmothers for smuggled apples.
Seems like the problem is you started telling him how to do his job.
Old Jun 5, 2015, 1:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL Silver, Global Entry
The question though is whether the KTN's "talk" to each other. In other words, if your wife's GE were revoked, would TSA suspend the KTN associated with DOD? Would TSA suspend its own KTN were she also enrolled directly in pre-check?
Quite honestly I have no idea. Finding somebody in DoD who understands the relationships would be difficult at best if such person or office even exists. It probably would be no better with TSA. The easy answer would be if you screwed up sufficiently enough to get your GE revoked there could or would be second and third impacts down the line. Would depend I guess on the level of the perceived or actual "offense".
Old Jun 5, 2015, 1:56 pm

So nobody on the forum has had their GE revoked and then applied for PreCheck?
Old Jun 5, 2015, 7:52 pm

Programs: DL-Silver; BA-Bronze
Check out the Denial of Global Entry thread and there are several reports of people getting denied for Global Entry but approved for PreCheck later. I don't recall seeing anyone revoked for GE and then approved for PreCheck.
Old Jun 6, 2015, 5:34 am

Looks like this is a typical MIA thing. In no other airport, I've been selected to secondary with GE and it took a lot of time to pass it. That they revoked your GE just because you were a little harsh to the officer is a complete joke. Some travelers with a customs violation still hold GE.
Old Jun 6, 2015, 1:18 pm

Programs: MPC,CA,MU,AF
That leads to the question of whether a GE revocation would lead to a TSA denial given the reasons for the GE, e.g., TSA may not care that you smuggled in a kumquat, but may care that you were "belligerent".
Barring that, try letting time pass and then reapplying. Nobody knows how long, but I'd suggest 3-4 years. If you can get past an outright denial and to an interview, you can then be appropriately apologetic and swear that you will never do it again and maybe they approve you. Things change.

Bottom line is that GE is a discretionary privilege and you are SOL if you can't make it right.
I feel the same too. The incidence may become an issue in re-applying GOES or TSA Precheck, as government agencies expect us to comply with their agents' instructions. Sign of contempt is not helping the situation. Referral to Ombudsman will mean that it stays in the file for a while. Making peace with the CBP seems a better approach.
Old Jun 7, 2015, 6:49 am

Originally Posted by GlobalEntry
Looks like this is a typical MIA thing. In no other airport, I've been selected to secondary with GE and it took a lot of time to pass it. That they revoked your GE just because you were a little harsh to the officer is a complete joke. Some travelers with a customs violation still hold GE.
I agree about MIA. I purposefully avoid that port of entry.

Only the OP knows the true story but I am sure there is more to it. It is hard to believe he wound up in handcuffs simply because he rolled his eyes. My guess is that a lot more transpired than the OP has let us in on.
Old Jun 7, 2015, 10:58 am

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion
Originally Posted by GlobalEntry
This is a little bit different. While it is true that MIA is generally slow and I am sure in secondary as well, one can definitely make it slower for themselves. The OP stated he "plucked it out and dropped it on the metal table". When any law enforcement officer asks for either my driver's license or in the case of CBP, my passport, I never do anything other than slowly hand it to him.

After the eye roll, things predictably went down hill. The officer has the power to make things more inconvenient for you. Never show the emotions of your tiring travels or bad day when in customs. When the OP refused to sit back down and ends up in cuffs, that is all on him.

No matter how brusque or mean a LEO might seem, I always do everything they say no matter how bad of a day I am having. They have all of the power during a secondary or traffic stop like it or not.

From a non-customs perspective it is the same. For instance, every few years I get pulled over for speeding. I give them my registration and license and pretend to be happy (even though I am not). It ends up well as the officer usually writes the ticket for a much lessor speed violation than I actually was driving and I save a lot of money. I get an attorney to later negotiate the violation down to illegal parking. It does not lessen the fine but keeps my insurance company from finding out. In LAS most of the reasonable traffic attorneys will do this for only $50.

Last edited by TWA884; Nov 19, 2016 at 4:29 pm Reason: Fix BB Code
Old Jun 7, 2015, 2:33 pm
Suspended

It would have been nice if you had included the handcuffing piece in your OP. It is a game changer and moves from SOL to COL (completely out of luck).

As soon as force was used, the Officer and his Supervisor wrote it up, just in case you later asserted some injury. The chances that such an entry is removed are somewhat less than zero.

Most definitley. Not the way it "should be" (or whatever) but the way it is. Copping a 'tude with folks in their position(s) NEVER a good idea. There simply _had_ to be a way to de-escalate before the cuffs came out (or even close to coming out.)

I'm thinking you might want to FOI CBP at this point to find out just what they did put in your file and see if it's at least accurate or if they made it out to be other than it was in your opinion and what you need to say in any future application(s) to make sure your story matches their's completely.

Unfortunately though, unless it's changed recently, be prepared for a very, very, VERY long wait for a reply to that FOI. Still, I'd do it if you want to get a somewhat better picture of what your options are down the line.

Last edited by JonNYC; Jun 7, 2015 at 2:45 pm
Old Jun 7, 2015, 6:44 pm

Short story. Approved for GE. Then applied for Nexus. Went to the interview and the next day my Nexus app was denied and GE was revoked. Applied and was approved for TSA Pre Check.

Appealed my GE being revoked a few days after it was revoked. Which was back in Dec. also wrote to my congrassman.
Old Jun 8, 2015, 5:45 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by dnLwire
Short story. Approved for GE. Then applied for Nexus. Went to the interview and the next day my Nexus app was denied and GE was revoked. Applied and was approved for TSA Pre Check.

Appealed my GE being revoked a few days after it was revoked. Which was back in Dec. also wrote to my congrassman.
When you say "approved for GE" in the second sentence above, do you mean conditional approval (pre-interview) or (post-interview) final approval?

Did your NEXUS application and GE application have any application entries which were misaligned with each other and/or other data entries on GOES?
Old Jun 8, 2015, 5:58 am

Originally Posted by GUWonder
When you say "approved for GE" in the second sentence above, do you mean conditional approval (pre-interview) or (post-interview) final approval?

Did your NEXUS application and GE application have any application entries which were misaligned with each other and/or other data entries on GOES?
I went to my GE interview and was approved. A few months later I applied for Nexus and was conditional approved and went to the Nexus interview. A day later Nexus was denied GE was revoked.

All the information on both apps were a mirror to each other, but I did have a few arrest that I fully disclosed on both applications. Arrests were brought up at my GE interview by CBP officer and I had court documents showing the out comes on all arrest that showed up on my record. At my nexus interview my arrest were not brought up, but I'm assuming they didn't bring them up due to me doing a group interview with my family.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.