Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry Revocations [merged threads]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Global Entry Revocations [merged threads]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2015, 8:46 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, Wheels Up, Inspirato Pass, Marriott Titanium Elt, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Pres, Ntl P
Originally Posted by emrdoc
There are many travelers with convictions who are approved for GE.
Good to know, glad that is the case.
Old Mar 26, 2015, 11:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Townshend
Not long, a few weeks perhaps
For those without GE access anymore, have you tried entering your Known Traveler Number into reservations to at least receive Pre Check? Not sure if it would still work, but you never know!
Old Mar 26, 2015, 11:25 pm

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
For those without GE access anymore, have you tried entering your Known Traveler Number into reservations to at least receive Pre Check? Not sure if it would still work, but you never know!

Yeah, I haven't got Pre-Check...
Old Mar 28, 2015, 1:49 pm

Programs: AADULtArer
Just renewed my Nexus this month. I was reminded that a charge of DUI, which is treated as a felony in Canada, is sufficient to deny a Nexus app/renewal.

No conviction is needed, as the simple charge is considered an indictment for felony behaviour, which is grounds for cancellation.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 11:24 am
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by LaserSailor
Just renewed my Nexus this month. I was reminded that a charge of DUI, which is treated as a felony in Canada, is sufficient to deny a Nexus app/renewal.

No conviction is needed, as the simple charge is considered an indictment for felony behaviour, which is grounds for cancellation.
In the USA, you are presumed INNOCENT until you are convicted.
Isn't Canada being a "little" Draconian?
Nevertheless, since NEXUS is a joint program--Canadian rules still come into play.
Old Jun 4, 2015, 2:29 pm

Global Entry Revoked - Options?

I applied for GE and was approved, I've never had any travel or legal infractions. I travel constantly and know what to expect and how to move through the lines.

A year and a half ago I was coming back in from CDG to MIA. I had a disagreement with a CBP officer. They searched me as normal and sent me on my way. The next day I get an email that my GOES had been revoked. I found out the officer had put in my file that I was belligerent and uncooperative. I obviously disagree. I was neither belligerent nor uncooperative. I wrote to the Ombudsman who wrote me a letter back 7 months later saying they verified with the officer that was in fact what he had put in the computer. I filed a complaint with CBP as I didn't think I should have that belligerent comment in my Customs file or should have lost my GOES. Again, they said take it up with the Ombudsman, who took 7 months and did nothing the last time.

What options do I have now? Can I reapply for GOES? Will the fact that I've had my GE revoked automatically my I can't apply for Pre-Check either?

This is ridiculous. Any advice that can be offered as to what options I can still take would be much appreciated! Thanks!
Old Jun 4, 2015, 4:59 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
If the CBP Officer made a false statement, he committed a felony under federal law. If you want to pursue that allegation, you may report it to the Inspector General of DHS. If they investigate and refer the matter for prosecution and/or internal discipline, that might become a basis for CBP to reissue GE.

Practically speaking, that ain't gonna happen unless you've got a couple of really good witnesses or the encounter was recorded and the audio/visual file is still available and you can get it. Same thing with a request for assistance from your Member of Congress.

Barring that, try letting time pass and then reapplying. Nobody knows how long, but I'd suggest 3-4 years. If you can get past an outright denial and to an interview, you can then be appropriately apologetic and swear that you will never do it again and maybe they approve you. Things change.

Bottom line is that GE is a discretionary privilege and you are SOL if you can't make it right.
Old Jun 5, 2015, 7:11 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL Silver, Global Entry
Often1 is right, you're pretty much SOL. They will always defer to their agent lacking any other evidence like witnesses or video with sound. Not sure it would prevent you from getting straight PreCheck as I don't know how much those systems "talk" to each other and even if they do what would be the criteria for denial.
Old Jun 5, 2015, 7:35 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Randyk47
Often1 is right, you're pretty much SOL. They will always defer to their agent lacking any other evidence like witnesses or video with sound. Not sure it would prevent you from getting straight PreCheck as I don't know how much those systems "talk" to each other and even if they do what would be the criteria for denial.
I have wondered whether TSA checks GE in the application process to determine whether a KTN has been issued or denied. It's certainly possible to obtain both Pre-Check & GE (although I can't imagine why anybody would do it), so there is no bar to a second KTN.

That leads to the question of whether a GE revocation would lead to a TSA denial given the reasons for the GE, e.g., TSA may not care that you smuggled in a kumquat, but may care that you were "belligerent".
Old Jun 5, 2015, 7:57 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL Silver, Global Entry
Originally Posted by Often1
I have wondered whether TSA checks GE in the application process to determine whether a KTN has been issued or denied. It's certainly possible to obtain both Pre-Check & GE (although I can't imagine why anybody would do it), so there is no bar to a second KTN.

That leads to the question of whether a GE revocation would lead to a TSA denial given the reasons for the GE, e.g., TSA may not care that you smuggled in a kumquat, but may care that you were "belligerent".
It is confusing. In some respects there is some level of sharing as a KTN generated by the GE process is recognized by TSA for PreCheck. However, and granted I'm only going on one conversation with a CBP agent, a PreCheck generated KTN cannot be used if the individual subsequently enrolls in GE. New GE enrollees are given a whole new KTN. Strange that a single KTN can't be used universally across all the systems like a SSN. No reason why you'd ever do it but you could wind up with a number of valid KTNs. My wife, for instance, has a KTN by way of her being a DoD employee and a completely different KTN from GE. I suppose she could have enrolled in PreCheck before DoD struck the deal with DHS/TSA to recognize the number on the back of her ID card as a KTN and would then have three separate KTNs or KTN-like numbers to use for PreCheck.

Last edited by Randyk47; Jun 5, 2015 at 8:06 am
Old Jun 5, 2015, 8:43 am
Suspended

The question though is whether the KTN's "talk" to each other. In other words, if your wife's GE were revoked, would TSA suspend the KTN associated with DOD? Would TSA suspend its own KTN were she also enrolled directly in pre-check?
Old Jun 5, 2015, 9:00 am

Programs: BA SIL, WN A, UA SIL, Marriott TIT (LT), Hilton DIA
Care to share more details about the disagreement?
Old Jun 5, 2015, 9:47 am

Self deleted
Old Jun 5, 2015, 10:19 am

I was randomly selected for secondary screening at MIA. CBP Agent asked for my passport. I hand 9 things in my hands and plucked it out and dropped it on the metal table between us for him. He demanded I pick it back up and place it in his hands instead. I didn't appreciate the power trip over nothing. I gave it to him and rolled my eyes. He asked if I had a problem and then told me to sit back down and he would get to me when he was good and ready. I replied come on man, please just search me and let me get out of here. His reply verbatim was "are you refusing to obey orders?" and before I could answer I was bent over the table in handcuffs. They took me in the back room in the screening area. Supervisor came over, searched me, told me to obey every command the officers gave and let me go. (I obviously had nothing illicit with me).

That's when I got the email my GE was being revoked. I have been through CBP checkpoints in a dozen airports easily over 100 times. Have never, ever had a problem.

It does sound like I'm SOL at this point. Already wrote to the Ombudsman who only verified the agents version of events. I'd like to at least be able to go and get pre-check, just didn't want to waste my time if having my GE revoked is an automatic disqualification.
Old Jun 5, 2015, 11:10 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Frustrated Traveller
I was randomly selected for secondary screening at MIA. CBP Agent asked for my passport. I hand 9 things in my hands and plucked it out and dropped it on the metal table between us for him. He demanded I pick it back up and place it in his hands instead. I didn't appreciate the power trip over nothing. I gave it to him and rolled my eyes. He asked if I had a problem and then told me to sit back down and he would get to me when he was good and ready. I replied come on man, please just search me and let me get out of here. His reply verbatim was "are you refusing to obey orders?" and before I could answer I was bent over the table in handcuffs. They took me in the back room in the screening area. Supervisor came over, searched me, told me to obey every command the officers gave and let me go. (I obviously had nothing illicit with me).

That's when I got the email my GE was being revoked. I have been through CBP checkpoints in a dozen airports easily over 100 times. Have never, ever had a problem.

It does sound like I'm SOL at this point. Already wrote to the Ombudsman who only verified the agents version of events. I'd like to at least be able to go and get pre-check, just didn't want to waste my time if having my GE revoked is an automatic disqualification.
It would have been nice if you had included the handcuffing piece in your OP. It is a game changer and moves from SOL to COL (completely out of luck).

As soon as force was used, the Officer and his Supervisor wrote it up, just in case you later asserted some injury. The chances that such an entry is removed are somewhat less than zero.

Water under the bridge for this OP, but keep your encounters with CBP professional. Eye-rolling and the like does nothing to move the ball and as OP found, started down a very bad path. The guys asks for your passport, you hand it to him. If you drop it, you apologize and hand it to him.
zephyr17 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.