Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry Revocations [merged threads]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Global Entry Revocations [merged threads]

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2016, 9:45 am

Originally Posted by chollie
GE members are not required to carry and show a card. They use their passport, and revocation of GE does not include (yet) revocation of one's passport.
Sorry, my brain was in NEXUS-mode. CBP is still supposed to tell passengers then and there if they're pulling GE (and confiscate the GE card if the traveller has it).
Old Nov 29, 2016, 6:08 pm

Programs: AA,DL,SPG,Hyatt
any successful cases with reversing the revocation of the global entry by emailing [email protected] and explain what happened?

We really felt we were mistreated and the penalty was too harsh for the apple we brought for baby.
Old Nov 29, 2016, 6:23 pm

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Originally Posted by sunspotzsz
We really felt we were mistreated and the penalty was too harsh for the apple we brought for baby.
You will strike out with these three assertions: Mistreated, Too Harsh, For the Baby.

Fact is, you failed to declare. Any mistreatment came afterward. "For the Baby" did not preclude your declaration.

Perhaps had you said "Gee we were so tired, we made an innocent mistake," it could have worked. Saying that you purposely lied because it was for the baby makes you a DYKWIA case and unlikely to have any consideration. Sorry.
Old Nov 30, 2016, 2:18 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by 747FC
You will strike out with these three assertions: Mistreated, Too Harsh, For the Baby.

Fact is, you failed to declare. Any mistreatment came afterward. "For the Baby" did not preclude your declaration.

Perhaps had you said "Gee we were so tired, we made an innocent mistake," it could have worked. Saying that you purposely lied because it was for the baby makes you a DYKWIA case and unlikely to have any consideration. Sorry.
Fact is that he didn't fail to declare.

Fact is that the wife failed to declare due to her mistaken assumption about there no longer being an apple in the carry-on belongings.

Fact is that this failure to declare an apple does not seem to be an example of having purposely lied, and yet she lost GE membership.

Fact is that losing GE membership due to innocent mistakes is a possibility. A declaration mistake being innocent isn't a guarantee of ability to retain/acquire/reinstate GE status when the same mistake made less innocently is also grounds for GE revocation/denial.

Traveling alone with a young baby without any help on the plane and making unintentional mistakes because of the complications involved in baby transport is an extenuating circumstance. It has nothing to do with being a DYKWIA. Absent callous disregard for the logistics of even using a bathroom in-flight to defecate and clean-up while having no help to hold the lap child baby, it's a fact that traveling alone with a young lap-child baby without any assistance on the plane compromises the ability to function the way an adult can function when by themselves with regard to exhaustively searching one'a own various belongings on a plane for say contraband. Nothing DYKWIA about what sunspotzsz mentioned.
Old Dec 1, 2016, 7:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

any successful cases with reversing the revocation of the global entry by emailing [email protected] and explain what happened?

You demonstrated that you weren't up to the standards of GE. What did you expect??
Old Dec 2, 2016, 7:45 am

Programs: Delta Gold. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Explorist.

I've seen a few reports on flyertalk of people having success emailing the ombudsman. I think the key is to be very apologetic and contrite, and assure him/her that you've learned from what happened and will never make that mistake again. Blaming the agent for mistreating you won't work.
Old Dec 2, 2016, 8:29 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by ChrisFlyer66
I've seen a few reports on flyertalk of people having success emailing the ombudsman. I think the key is to be very apologetic and contrite, and assure him/her that you've learned from what happened and will never make that mistake again. Blaming the agent for mistreating you won't work.
This.

Rather than quibbling about the difficulties of traveling with babies and using loaded terms such as "mistreated" and "too harsh," please understand that GE is a "trusted traveler" program and the conduct here is a demonstration that the rules were not followed.

You don't have to be an evil person who intends to destroy the US agricultural economy by importing fruit, you simply failed to declare it. It is that simple.

So, accept 100% responsibility for the conduct, admit that a lesson has been learned, that because of the lesson, you are especially mindful of the requirement going forward and what happened before will never happen again. Do not challenge the decision as "too harsh" simply ask that some discretion be exercised in light of the commitment never to let anything close to this happen again.

Does this mean that GE will be reinstated? No way of predicting. Maybe you hit somebody on the right day. Maybe you don't. But, when you are in the wrong and you go on the attack, you lose.
Old Dec 2, 2016, 12:59 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by ChrisFlyer66
Agree completely
Old Mar 3, 2017, 2:18 am

Programs: Global Entry
Hey guys... so out of nowhere this happened:

"Thank you for your participation in the Global Entry program . We regret to inform you that you no longer meet program eligibility requirements and your participation in the Global Entry program has been revoked."

I just renewed my GE last year, traveled last month, no issues whatsoever, went across the border a couple of times into Mexico and back using Sentri. Nothing wrong at all during the border/cbp at airports.

They advise that I go to the local centre to check with a supervisor but, I have no local centre as I'm currently based in London.

I've been on the trusted traveler programs for over 12 years now and I have no idea what to do, last time I went into their office to update my travel documents, they were so rude I was happy I didn't have to go in for another 5 years... but now, this haha.

What's the email one can use to inquire further?

Cheers all.
Old Mar 3, 2017, 6:01 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by niv007

"Thank you for your participation in the Global Entry program . We regret to inform you that you no longer meet program eligibility requirements and your participation in the Global Entry program has been revoked."

I just renewed my GE last year, traveled last month, no issues whatsoever, went across the border a couple of times into Mexico and back using Sentri. Nothing wrong at all during the border/cbp at airports.
And, obviously, nothing else recent in your life that involved any law enforcement agency or government agency that could have come up?
Old Mar 3, 2017, 7:14 am

Originally Posted by JonNYC
And, obviously, nothing else recent in your life that involved any law enforcement agency or government agency that could have come up?
Absolutely nothing. I actually just got GE for my British spouse approved last month too and we went for the interview and all was good.

I recently updated my driver's license details online but nothing else has changed at all.

When I renewed last year, I told the person behind the counter to update my current address to the UK because, between the time of my renewal application and my interview, I had relocated. She did so under the current address but I noticed today that the country of residence wasn't updated. That's the only thing that's incorrect field in my application at the moment but other than that, all is up to date.

I recently got into the UK's trusted traveler program, I've been a good traveler. Part of me is laughing on the inside, this is so odd.
Old Mar 3, 2017, 8:28 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Sorry to say this, but the obligation to maintain a correct address with CBP is 100% on you. I do not have any more insight than the next person, but an address at 100 Main Street London USA is a lot different than the same at "UK". Not berating you here, but you ought to have checked in GOES to have been certain that your address correctly updated and when it did not, made the correction online. Blaming a clerical at CBP will not help you, so do not.

It is unclear whether you renewed in the US or the UK, but as you live in the UK, I would print out that message, print out the information on your address from GOES and head for the GE office at the Consulate and see if someone can't help you.

While you may still be able to correct the incorrect address in GOES, it may be better to leave it as is just now.

If that does not work, head over to Citizen Services. Again, the problem may be something entirely different, but as you can imagine having what is self-evidently a non-existent address as would pop out of any commercial database, is exactly the sort of thing which would cause a problem.
Old Mar 3, 2017, 8:54 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by niv007

They advise that I go to the local centre to check with a supervisor but, I have no local centre as I'm currently based in London.

I've been on the trusted traveler programs for over 12 years now and I have no idea what to do, last time I went into their office to update my travel documents, they were so rude I was happy I didn't have to go in for another 5 years... but now, this haha.

What's the email one can use to inquire further?

Cheers all.
Based upon your posting history, it would appear that you are a Mexican citizen now living in the UK.

Did you originally get your Global Entry while you were a US permanent resident? Did your US visa status change?

I don't know the answer. Does anyone know if Mexican citizens residing outside the US or Mexico are eligible for GE?
Old Mar 3, 2017, 10:14 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
"Wrong" address and workplace info not aligning with what else comes up in some checks has been known to get some GE members flagged for program removal. Not that this would necessarily be the reason for the FTer's revocation.
Old Mar 4, 2017, 10:37 am

Originally Posted by TWA884
Based upon your posting history, it would appear that you are a Mexican citizen now living in the UK.

Did you originally get your Global Entry while you were a US permanent resident? Did your US visa status change?

I don't know the answer. Does anyone know if Mexican citizens residing outside the US or Mexico are eligible for GE?
I know that Sentri has a residence requirement, GE doesn't. I learned that when my old Sentri was up for renewal and I paid for it while living overseas, and applied for GE at the same time (paid a second fee for that)

The officer then told me I wasn't eligible for Sentri because I wasn't settled in the US or Mexico, so she revoked that, but approved me for GE. Then she told me I could still use the Sentri lanes anyway (because of the extended benefit from GE). She then refunded me the Sentri fee, very nice experience that time.

Regarding the address: like I said, when I renewed last year I told them I had changed and that my address needed to be updated. I brought evidence and she made the changes, because once you submit an application you can't change residency details. She scanned my proof of address and said everything was fine.

I've had several changes of address over the years and it was always the same: had to go in and let them scan the document but they usually did change everything (including the country), this time they just forgot to change the country and I didn't realise until I saw my details in there this week, again, it's not something we can change in the system.

I've written to them just to see if they can shine a light as to what happened. I'll keep you posted if/when I hear from them. I'm not going to appeal or anything, it's just curiosity at this point.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.