Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry Revocations [merged threads]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Global Entry Revocations [merged threads]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2019, 1:10 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Exclamation Moderator's Action

Hello @JoeP22613,

Welcome to FlyerTalk!

I merged your question into the relevant thread.

You may also want to take a look at the Global Entry Denial Recourse thread.

TWA884
Travel Safety/Security co-moderator
Old Apr 29, 2019, 1:42 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Lack of final dispositions for cases which are disposed of through other than a straight guilty plea and sentencing, not guilty finding, or outright dismissal, can be vexing.

It is fairly common for CBP to ask for documentation of a final disposition. The concern is not the specific nature of the crime, but the fact that it might be pending, that you might be on probation, owe restitution, and so on. Depending on where your offense took place and how long ago, tracking this down can be easy and cheap to very hard and expensive.

For the most part what you need is an attested (ceritifed) copy of the docket which will show every action taken, including a final disposition.

Because the lack of a final disposition is potentially problematic for many matters, including some jobs requiring a security clearance, some jobs in financial services, and elsewhere, the best thing to do is to pay for an attested copy of the entire file. Some jurisdictions keep their records forever, some keep records online, and others toss the stuff. Others suffer a fire or just plain lose old files. So, the caution here is that whether you think that you will ever need it or not, just get the documents, put them in a file in your safety deposit box, and then they are somewhere under your control.
GUWonder likes this.
Old May 21, 2019, 10:20 pm

Programs: Hub Captive Club
Originally Posted by JoeP22613
I disclosed these at the time of my application and the officer even asked me about them...They note these two arrests and asked for final documents/disposition....Has anyone had a similar story and actually had GE reinstated? How long did it take to respond? Do I have to go back for an interview?
I don't have exactly the same situation but I went through the same disclosure/discussion at interview cycle you did BUT I had the disposition docs with me at the time of the interview. I was approved, and the officer warned me I'd have the X until some back-end process completed with my disposition paperwork (been 5 years now, so i don't remember the specifics). After my first few trips the X never went away so I eventually called and scheduled an appointment and spoke with an officer about it and they were able to do something behind the scenes to clear it up with a 'whoops, we're sorry that was still happening...we fixed it' type response.
Old Jul 15, 2019, 1:50 pm

Revoked after visit to Bosnia?

Wife and I both surprised to see that our Global Entry was revoked as we were attempting to use the kiosk at YYZ yesterday. Logging in to the GE site, looks like we each got the revocation literally hours after visiting Bosnia for the day on our recent trip to Croatia. We also visited Montenegro for the day as well. Reason for both of our revocations is the standard "You do not meet the program eligibility requirements."

You guys think this Bosnia visit was the reason? Travel last year included Russia, Georgia, Azerbaijan, and a daytrip to Armenia. Could the combination of countries be to blame? Or maybe the daytrips seem suspicious?
Old Jul 15, 2019, 2:17 pm
Ari
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CalGuy
Wife and I both surprised to see that our Global Entry was revoked as we were attempting to use the kiosk at YYZ yesterday. Logging in to the GE site, looks like we each got the revocation literally hours after visiting Bosnia for the day on our recent trip to Croatia. We also visited Montenegro for the day as well. Reason for both of our revocations is the standard "You do not meet the program eligibility requirements."

You guys think this Bosnia visit was the reason?
Good guess. Pickup any terrorist training while there?

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/14/w...terrorism.html
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-47990274
https://travel.state.gov/content/tra...-advisory.html
https://www.counterextremism.com/cou...ia-herzegovina

I think one can see why a day trip to Bosnia (or any trip to Bosnia) might screw up a Trusted Traveler membership. Not saying the practice is fair or right, but if you are seeking a plausible explanation . . .

Question: Did you fly or otherwise cross the border?
Old Jul 15, 2019, 5:28 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
I know a number of Americans who have recently been to Bosnia or were there last year — several on day trips — and their GE memberships are all fine as far as I know. But someone who went to Croatia last year and had GE before it was revoked after the trip to Croatia, but that person isn’t American.

Correlation is not causation. And coincidental timing isn’t necessarily either.
Old Jul 15, 2019, 7:45 pm

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Originally Posted by CalGuy

You guys think this Bosnia visit was the reason? Travel last year included Russia, Georgia, Azerbaijan, and a daytrip to Armenia. Could the combination of countries be to blame? Or maybe the daytrips seem suspicious?
Just curious about ir you have any financial issues that may have concerned authorities: Bankruptcies, credit cards being cancelled on you, use of unconventional payment methods?
Old Jul 15, 2019, 8:22 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by 747FC
Just curious about ir you have any financial issues that may have concerned authorities: Bankruptcies, credit cards being cancelled on you, use of unconventional payment methods?
Or financial institutions filing a lot of suspicious activity reports against a person?

Bankruptcy filings and IRS tax liens don’t seem to generally result in GE denial nor revocation. Bank card account cancellations generally don’t either, but there could be the coincidental situation of a bank/bank partner’s reputation search cancelling accounts for person’s affiliation with the same activity that may result in GE denial/revocation.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 8:09 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by GUWonder

Or financial institutions filing a lot of suspicious activity reports against a person?

Bankruptcy filings and IRS tax liens don’t seem to generally result in GE denial nor revocation. Bank card account cancellations generally don’t either, but there could be the coincidental situation of a bank/bank partner’s reputation search cancelling accounts for person’s affiliation with the same activity that may result in GE denial/revocation.
Gobbledygook.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 9:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by 747FC
I don't believe CBP pulls credit reports...
GUWonder and flyerCO like this.
Old Jul 18, 2019, 12:11 pm

Nope, not that I know of. No bankruptcies, no debt, etc.
Old Sep 11, 2019, 3:38 pm

Revocation due to missing British Passport?

Hi folks,

Canadian Nexus holder. Had my GE (and therefore NEXUS) revoked today through the TTP website after trying to obtain an APEC ABTC card last month. During the ABTC interview process it turned out that my British passport wasn't on my Nexus file. The CBP office said he would pass both my ABTC application and now also my NEXUS infraction over to his supervisor for a decision and that led to revocation. I applied for and received my British passport in 2013 (my initial Nexus was approved in 2011) and didn't realize that I needed to add it to my NEXUS after getting it. It baffles me how I could have missed this during the renewal on the GOES website. Anyway... clearly my mistake for violating the program rules!

Got the standard "You are not a low risk applicant and do not meet the strict standards of the Trusted Traveler Program" reason so not entirely sure if this is due to the missing passport, or travel history. I've visited at least 40 countries in the past 5 years including Turkey, Qatar, Romania, UAE, Belarus, but not sure if any of these would actually be a concern.

I have no arrests, convictions, DUIs, but did have a Canadian customs violation in 2003 which I disclosed on both my initial NEXUS application and renewal and which posed no problem.

Requested a reconsideration on the TTP site acknowledging and explaining my error so will have to wait and see. I'm expecting the revocation to be upheld. Anything else I should try? like try to speak to a supervisor at a NEXUS enrollment center?

Question: Any thoughts on whether I would be able to successfully re-apply in future? Any similar experiences or data points including waiting time (Looks like perhaps 1 year before re-applying)?
Old Sep 11, 2019, 3:53 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Take it one step at a time and see how the reconsideration goes.

Without knowing why your TTP's were revoked, it is impossible to even take an educated guess as to whether, at some future time, your application might be favorably considered.
Old Sep 17, 2019, 4:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium

Only the first part would matter. Banks and financial institutions are required to report suspicious activity to IRS/US Treasury. These might raise a flag.

The 2nd part is another poster states, "gobbledygook." CBP doesnt pull credit reports (they'd have to provide notice if they did and it would like be a violation of racial discrimination laws due to fact non-whites are less likely to have good credit)
Old Oct 31, 2019, 12:32 pm

Programs: Global entry
Revoked for an arrest

Was arrested on Sep 17th 2019 for DV. Apparently a neighbor called in on commotion at my house. Police come in and I am surprised to see them as I was working. They told me lot of commotion was heard in the house. I immediately showed them Security footage for the last 2 hours. Nothing there. They still arrested me. Took me to station and finger printed me and let me go back home. Two days later I got the GE revocation notice. I knew I was innocent and I wanted to wait until the charges were dropped to apply for reinstatement. Fast Forward to Oct 30 2019. I go to court. The prosecutor sees the same video footage and laughs and says why did the police arrest you and looks at the cop who arrested me. He said "As a precaution". And the neighbor who called in on me apparently told the cops he doesn't want to be a witness. I absolutely have no idea on why he would call in in the first place other than he <has mental health issues>. But anyway the Prosecutor dropped the case. I get the certified copies of the dismissal

And I run into the Trusted traveller portal and login. Bang. I don't see I have any approved programs in there. I read in the FAQ that I would need to Click on the Request for Reinitiation button, But I see nothing. Does it mean I am done for life of being kicked out of the GE program based on a <redacted by moderator> neighbor's call? The only program that shows up in the portal is my expired NEXUS program from 2014. It allows me to click on that and apply for GE. Should I do that? or just let it go? I have travelled to 117 countries as of July 2019. Don't know if the arrest and my travels made the GE program to determine I am high risk. If that is so, then I am fine with it. My goal is to visit all the countries I can and experience the local life. Rather than be a frog in the well and think the well is the whole world.

So mainly my question is why would the Program disappear altogether from my Dashboard. It should at least say revoked.Does it seem normal not to see the Program listed at all?

Thanks for any insights.

Last edited by TWA884; Nov 13, 2019 at 10:03 am Reason: Remove derogatory language

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.