Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry Revocations [merged threads]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Global Entry Revocations [merged threads]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2020, 4:37 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, HH Diamond, Radisson Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, Shangri La Jade
Originally Posted by Steve_ZA
I guess it falls under point 2 somewhat but my GE was revoked because I applied for a new code from the UK Home Office to start my renewal. I still meet the criteria other than not being allowed to travel to the USA at present. Being a UK citizen means I cannot even raise it with the ombudsman.

fellow UK citizen. I wasn't even given a reason and still have no way of finding out!
Old Feb 4, 2021, 10:05 am

Programs: AA EXP.
Global Entry Revoked for unknown reason??

Just got an email that my ttp status changed so I logged online and it says GE revoked. Ive never done anything illegal or had any issues with customs. I am an honest citizen and I am very concerned why it happened.

I do see this option but not sure what I even did wrong to fill it out.

"You may provide additional documentation to the CBP Trusted Traveler Ombudsman and Request Reconsideration, but that does not mean it will be granted. To submit a Reconsideration Request please click on the Request Reconsideration button below. For additional information on what to include in your Reconsideration Request please see the FAQs."
Old Feb 4, 2021, 10:26 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
I would submit a reconsideration request which says exactly what you posted here. No need to make it more complicated than what you wrote. Perhaps it was an error. Be aware that it is unlikely that you receive a satisfactory answer if indeed the revocation was intended. If that fails, you could also make a FOIA request for information underlying the decision, but that too is not likely to give you a lot of satisfaction.

Be aware that ombudsman submissions often take 6-9 months for a substantive response.
Old Feb 4, 2021, 10:35 am

geez .... it must be some sort of error. I have literally been a member since the month GE started. do you think ill get a letter in the mail and I should wait for that first?

Also after logging into my account I do see that it shows that I have TWO passports on file. One of them replaced the other 5 years early cause I ran out of pages but it should have probably replaced it not been added as a second passport. I had the TTP office in Miami update the passport

Last edited by Amil; Feb 4, 2021 at 10:47 am
Old Feb 4, 2021, 11:12 am

Programs: B6 Mosaic, WN A-List
There is always more to the story - you may not know the exact reason yourself, but you can often piece together 50% of it in these situations.

I would go to a GE office when possible.
Old Feb 4, 2021, 11:14 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Amil
geez .... it must be some sort of error. I have literally been a member since the month GE started. do you think ill get a letter in the mail and I should wait for that first?

Also after logging into my account I do see that it shows that I have TWO passports on file. One of them replaced the other 5 years early cause I ran out of pages but it should have probably replaced it not been added as a second passport. I had the TTP office in Miami update the passport
Maybe that created some error. Who knows? Maybe somebody with a name close to yours and the same date of birth wound up on a watch list. Who knows?

Not worth a second of your time until you have some level of detail.
Old Feb 4, 2021, 11:17 am

Originally Posted by Often1
Maybe that created some error. Who knows? Maybe somebody with a name close to yours and the same date of birth wound up on a watch list. Who knows?

Not worth a second of your time until you have some level of detail.
I have a very unique name/combo already so I doubt it but maybe ill go to the GE office today and see if I can find anything out.
Old Feb 4, 2021, 12:40 pm

Programs: UA, AS, Volaris, VivaAerobús
I would bring up the issue of two passports from the same country when you visit the GE office because the only time you should have two passports on your TTP account is if they came from different countries. Even though the replacement is the valid one, the audit picked up two different issue and expiration dates and probably canceled your participation based on this anomaly, I would hone on his possibility as a reason for being dropped from the program and be prepared to explain this. Bring both old and replacement passport.

Ask them if the GE office can send a message describing the anomaly and what was done to reinstate your participation in this program.They are likely to listen to an CBP officer who performed the corrections than to rely on the user.
Amil likes this.

Last edited by i0wnj00; Feb 4, 2021 at 12:46 pm
Old Feb 8, 2021, 4:51 pm

so I went to the lax office and they were beyond rude to me and said they dont deal with revocations then i politely insisted they check their system to give me some information she came back from the supervisors office laughing and said this guy ? well duh and then walked up to me and said sorry I cant disclose but you dont meet our standards.

honestly I dont have any violations never lied on my app and i'm confused why I wouldnt meet any standards unless it has to do with my skin color as im a us born citizen

our government is flawed majorly
Old Feb 8, 2021, 5:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by Amil
so I went to the lax office and they were beyond rude to me and said they dont deal with revocations then i politely insisted they check their system to give me some information she came back from the supervisors office laughing and said this guy ? well duh and then walked up to me and said sorry I cant disclose but you dont meet our standards.

honestly I dont have any violations never lied on my app and i'm confused why I wouldnt meet any standards unless it has to do with my skin color as im a us born citizen

our government is flawed majorly
CBP is in the right this time. There is a published redress procedure. But you choose to go to LAX and make a scene.

FWIW - you can even write to your elected official for redress. I simply can't see how going to LAX TTP Office can achieve anything.
Old Feb 8, 2021, 6:56 pm

Originally Posted by garykung
CBP is in the right this time. There is a published redress procedure. But you choose to go to LAX and make a scene.

FWIW - you can even write to your elected official for redress. I simply can't see how going to LAX TTP Office can achieve anything.

Wait I didnt make a scene? Why did you just assume I did? Just read above I was told to go to the GE to explain the possible passport mixup. But for the record I didnt go there and make a scene. The rude officer and supervisor made a scene by laughing at me in their office.

If nobody is giving me the proper information how do I know if this is a redress issue?

Directly from an GE appeal attorneys website
"In most cases, individuals will appeal directly to the CBP Ombudsman. However, if you were not given a reason for your denial or revocation, it is best to initially contact the enrollment center to try to determine why your application was denied, before appealing to the CBP Ombudsman."

Last edited by Amil; Feb 8, 2021 at 9:04 pm
Old Feb 10, 2021, 5:24 pm

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by i0wnj00
I would bring up the issue of two passports from the same country when you visit the GE office because the only time you should have two passports on your TTP account is if they came from different countries.
Not true - many GE members have multiple US passports via 22 CFR 51.2B.
GUWonder and Boraxo like this.
Old Feb 18, 2021, 3:36 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Originally Posted by PVDtoDEL
Not true - many GE members have multiple US passports via 22 CFR 51.2B.
Right. Two ways I know of:

1) Need two because your travels to some countries and the stamps/visas may result in making entry to another country (believe this was problem for Israel/ME countries)
2) Government employees who have an official or diplomatic passport along with a personal passport. (And then presumably some undercover CIA folks who have various ones)
Old Apr 2, 2021, 10:45 am

Programs: GF TTP
Exclamation Trusted Traveler revoked after 2 years no reason given

DHS sent me an email with link to CBP TTP with a "status change." The letter attached informed me March 11, 2021 my TTP was revoked. I've been authorized since December 2018. Only explanation was I 'no longer met the eligibility requirements.' I was given a box to contest the decision and replying I advised them I was a sworn LEO still employed in good standing, also worked for a faith based org. & needed to travel rapidly at times. Second letter replying stated that explanation was reviewed but the CBP "ombudsman" upheld the revocation. Neither letter had a person's name, only the word ombudsman. I had a US Senator from my state look into it and he came back saying he contacted them but couldn't help change the outcome. DHS gives the following on their website: Reasons for Ineligibility
You may not be eligible for participation in the Global Entry program if you:
Provide false or incomplete information on the application;
Have been convicted of any criminal offense or have pending criminal charges or outstanding warrants (to include driving under the influence);
Have been found in violation of any customs, immigration or agriculture regulations or laws in any country;
Are the subject of an ongoing investigation by any federal, state or local law enforcement agency;
Are inadmissible to the United States under immigration regulation, including applicants with approved waivers of inadmissibility or parole documentation; or
Cannot satisfy CBP of your low-risk status.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So suddenly I've become a high risk or am under investigation that I'm unaware of as I don't see where any of the others apply. I've file a FOIA attempting to find their reason as they say they can't or won't tell me. This all came out of the Atlanta office. And no, I wasn't in Washington, DC January 6, 2021!
Old Apr 2, 2021, 11:45 am
Suspended

Presumably the only factual option of which you would not be aware is #4 (under investigation). If that is the case, beyond unlikely that FOIA will turn up anything and at some point either the investigation gets shut down or something surfaces.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.