Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry Revocations [merged threads]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Global Entry Revocations [merged threads]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2019, 5:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by garykung
Again, you are wrong. Because in California, there are 2 different processes.

For those who screwed up and rehabilitated, there is expungement. For those who are truly innocent, those records are destroyed.

Federal government does not need to act. Because when the original record deleted, then NCIC record (i.e. rap sheet) will be updated accordingly.

Government entities, states and federal, are sensitive when you become a suspect. They rather overreact than do nothing.
Incorrect. Federal system will still show the record. The state of CA can remove it from their system. However once it was transmitted to Feds it doesn't get removed simply because CA removes it from their system. In fact I believe the record still remains in the state system. The system marks it so that it no longer shows up when searched, but it's still there.

Bottom line the feds are under no obligation to follow a state court order or law.
Old Nov 2, 2019, 6:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 747FC
What are you paying for? The record of your arrest can never be removed from the system. It will always show up. If you were not convicted, there is nothing to be expunged. Even if you were convicted, and there was expungement, the record of the arrest would continue to show in law enforcement searches.
You can't hide it from law enforcement searches, but you can hide it from background checks by private entities.
Old Nov 2, 2019, 7:28 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
It's not worth arguing about in the context of GE. If you have been arrested -- whether you were ever charged and convicted -- you should presume that one or more federal records systems will have that record and that it will be available to and used by CBP.
Old Nov 13, 2019, 8:11 am

Programs: Global entry
Hello RandyK47

I lost my GE precisely for this arrest that is now Nolle Prosequi. Hired a lawyer to expunge it. True the Law enforcement agencies will see the arrest but others will not. But my issue is the Trusted Portal. When I log into it I DO NOT SEE Global Entry in the Program Membership section. I only see my expired Nexus membership from 2015. When I went to the local CBP office at the airport, the guy had no clue. First he said I am not a member of GE. I showed him the GE card. Then he was like I am busy, just look around in the portal and it will be there. It was a waste of time talking to that guy. I opened multiple Help desk cases from the CBP portal. They say it will be answered within 4 business days. Counting 12 business days since I opened the case.

I am thinking, next time I fly in from International travel, why not use the Global Entry Lane. In which case I am sure i will get the X on the slip. Then when I go to the Officer probably show him the Case documents showing it as dropped. Will that help?

Again I do not understand how my membership just disappears from the trusted portal dashboard. At the minimum it should still be there with a REVOKED thing across it instead of Approved.
Old Nov 13, 2019, 10:01 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Hello @LosMerengues,

Your best option is probably to appeal to the ombudsman, please refer to the Global Entry Denial Recourse thread for the particulars.
GUWonder likes this.
Old Nov 13, 2019, 10:12 am

Hello TWA884

Thank you for the reply. I did send a email to Ombudsman with all the details, and I got a Auto Reply stating that any request for a reinstatement due to a revoke should go thru the Trusted Portal Dashboard link. Like I said, the GE program doesn't even show up in my dashboard any more. So I have no links to click on. In the FAQ it states, to ask for a reinstatement click on the BLUE Reinstatement link on the Trusted Program in the dashboard portal and upload all the required documentation. I am sure some programming glitch made the program disappear from my Dashboard instead of marking it REVOKED. So I have no links to click on, the one guy at CBP at the airport had no clue, and my Help Desk case I opened 12 days ago has no replies yet.

Also I was told to call the CBP number in Washington. When you call it after 5 PM, it says it is outside of office hours. When you call during office hours it states they are open 24x7 (LOL) and that they are busy and to wait in queue. After 5 minutes it says the wait is long and says GOODBYE and hangs up. When I tried to call today, the phone itself doesn't ring. it just drops the call

This whole situation created by my neighbor has put me thru unwanted hardships. I love GE Program. Especially coming back to US from Montreal or Abu Dhabhi. Too bad I can't use it unless I luck out and some one responds to the Help Desk Query I asked 10 days ago.
Old Nov 14, 2019, 6:49 am

As an update. I received an email from the CBP Help Desk late last night asking me to reply to the email with my Reinstatement request as an attachment to it and they will forward it to Ombudsman's office on my behalf as the TTP Porfile doesn't show my GE membership. I sent them the attachment of my reinstatement request. Now waiting with fingers crossed.
Old Nov 15, 2019, 7:30 am

WOW...Less than 24 hours since I received email from CBP Support desk that they forwarded my info to Ombudsman, I received an email a few minutes ago stating they reinstated my membership. When I login to the TTP portal, I see that the GE is listed as Approved in my Program Membership section of the Dashboard. Phew...I guess I am back to business. Thanks everyone for their inputs to help me out.
jasonvr, TWA884, DoctorORD and 1 others like this.
Old Apr 21, 2020, 10:07 am

Question Stumped as to why my existing Global Entry membership was suddenly revoked

I know all the potential possibilities for revocation (criminal issues, breaking custom regulations when re-entering the country, arrests, etc) but to my knowledge none of them apply to me. I haven't had any legal issues before or after being approved and have never had any issue getting through customs or airport security.

I've gone through pretty much every avenue to sort this out. I'm stumped.

Below is a timeline of the events so far:
  • 12/2017: Applied and approved for Global Entry
  • 2017-2020: used Global Entry and Precheck many times, never with any issue
  • 3/19/2020: Re-entered the country. Global Entry kiosks were closed due to the pandemic but I went through customs without any problems.
  • 4/3/2020: Received revocation notice with a generic reason stating I "do not meet the program eligibility requirements" with no other explanation.
  • 4/3/2020: I contacted CBP via web form asking for any information. They responded saying they can't comment on Trusted Traveler denials.
  • 4/5/2020: Submitted reconsideration form to ombudsman in Trusted Traveler portal
    • Since I didn't know why I was denied, I had no idea what documents or information I needed to provide. I explained I haven't had any legal or criminal issues, have entered and exited the country several times without a problem, etc. I did notice the address on the revocation notice was an old one, so I submitted a recent utility bill showing my current address in case that was what caused the revocation.
  • 4/14/2020: Received generic response from ombudsman saying "no change is warranted" and to submit a FOIA request if "you do not know why you were denied."
  • 4/14/2020: Submitted FOIA request
  • 4/21/2020: Received another generic response in regards to the FOIA request stating all the potential reasons a person might be denied. Nothing specific to my case.
Old Apr 21, 2020, 10:28 am
Suspended

Perhaps you live in a state that Trump has targeted by revoking Global Entry for its citizens?
Old Apr 21, 2020, 10:47 am

I've heard of those from countries Trump has on the travel ban list being revoked for GE, but not anything about US citizens.
Old Apr 21, 2020, 10:49 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by churnandburn42
I've heard of those from countries Trump has on the travel ban list being revoked for GE, but not anything about US citizens.
https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/06/opini...iat/index.html
Old Apr 21, 2020, 10:59 am

Jeez, that's news to me. Although going off that article it doesn't look like it affects current GE cardholders

"new enrollments and re-enrollments for the service that costs $100 every five years are no longer possible, although current card holders can in theory continue to participate in the program until their special status expires"

Nonetheless, I don't live in NY but coincidentally did travel through customs in Newark on 3/19.
Old Apr 24, 2020, 9:50 pm

Programs: Kettle Class
Only Global Entry renewals and new applications from one state (New York) are affected by the DHS actions you are referring to.

Originally Posted by Dieuwer
Perhaps you live in a state that Trump has targeted by revoking Global Entry for its citizens?
I would contact your Congressperson for assistance churnandburn42.

Originally Posted by churnandburn42
Jeez, that's news to me. Although going off that article it doesn't look like it affects current GE cardholders

"new enrollments and re-enrollments for the service that costs $100 every five years are no longer possible, although current card holders can in theory continue to participate in the program until their special status expires"

Nonetheless, I don't live in NY but coincidentally did travel through customs in Newark on 3/19.

Last edited by TWA884; Apr 25, 2020 at 12:34 pm Reason: FT Rule 14: Merge consecutive posts by the same member
Old May 12, 2020, 2:38 am

Programs: BA Gold
Angry GE Revoked Without Reason

I'm a British Citizen and UK resident and my GE has just been revoked with the "We regret to inform you that you no longer meet program eligibility requirements and your participation in the Global Entry program has been revoked." message.

Interestingly this happened a few hours after I asked the UK Border Force for a new GE Access Code to start the renewal process so I'm guessing that making this request has triggered some automated denial.

Last edited by Steve_ZA; May 12, 2020 at 2:50 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.