FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Global Entry Revocations [merged threads]
Old Jun 7, 2015, 2:33 pm
JonNYC
Suspended

Originally Posted by Often1
It would have been nice if you had included the handcuffing piece in your OP. It is a game changer and moves from SOL to COL (completely out of luck).

As soon as force was used, the Officer and his Supervisor wrote it up, just in case you later asserted some injury. The chances that such an entry is removed are somewhat less than zero.

Water under the bridge for this OP, but keep your encounters with CBP professional. Eye-rolling and the like does nothing to move the ball and as OP found, started down a very bad path. The guys asks for your passport, you hand it to him. If you drop it, you apologize and hand it to him.
Most definitley. Not the way it "should be" (or whatever) but the way it is. Copping a 'tude with folks in their position(s) NEVER a good idea. There simply _had_ to be a way to de-escalate before the cuffs came out (or even close to coming out.)

I'm thinking you might want to FOI CBP at this point to find out just what they did put in your file and see if it's at least accurate or if they made it out to be other than it was in your opinion and what you need to say in any future application(s) to make sure your story matches their's completely.

Unfortunately though, unless it's changed recently, be prepared for a very, very, VERY long wait for a reply to that FOI. Still, I'd do it if you want to get a somewhat better picture of what your options are down the line.

Last edited by JonNYC; Jun 7, 2015 at 2:45 pm