Test & Go Application Process changes

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Test & Go Application Process changes

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2022, 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by greendx
Has anyone purchased insurance from insuremytrip? They are an aggregator of various travel insurance plans and I normally use their services but struggling to find a plan that specifically states that Covid is covered. Reached out to support and was told that as long as their plans don't have language excluding Covid coverage than its covered. Don't want to take a chance getting Thailand pass rejected. I prefer to use one of insuremytrips plans because I've generally had good experience with them and their coverage is better with cheaper options than the plan offered via AXA Thailand. Before I look at other insurance options that meet both my needs and Thailand Pass requirements I wanted to check here first.
Thailand Pass are reported to require a one page summary which specifically mentions Covid and the 10K coverage. Some insurance companies will supply this but it doesn't sound like yours will. It may be easier to buy the 650 THB, 30 day insurance from FWD just to use for the pass with no intention of ever claiming on it.
Old May 6, 2022, 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by ft101
Thailand Pass are reported to require a one page summary which specifically mentions Covid and the 10K coverage. Some insurance companies will supply this but it doesn't sound like yours will. It may be easier to buy the 650 THB, 30 day insurance from FWD just to use for the pass with no intention of ever claiming on it.
Didn't see the 650 THB option, that's not a bad idea. I'd still want one of the more comprehensive policies, not sure how it would work having multiple policies in an event I'd need to file a claim.
Old May 7, 2022, 12:07 am

Originally Posted by greendx
Has anyone purchased insurance from insuremytrip? They are an aggregator of various travel insurance plans and I normally use their services but struggling to find a plan that specifically states that Covid is covered. Reached out to support and was told that as long as their plans don't have language excluding Covid coverage than its covered. Don't want to take a chance getting Thailand pass rejected. I prefer to use one of insuremytrips plans because I've generally had good experience with them and their coverage is better with cheaper options than the plan offered via AXA Thailand. Before I look at other insurance options that meet both my needs and Thailand Pass requirements I wanted to check here first.
Ended up contacting one of the providers directly (Generali) confirming with their support that they can generate an embassy letter on request within 24 hours. Purchased their policy and in their emailed coverage document page 1 had the necessary COVID language. I submitted my Thailand pass application around 8pm last night and received approval just over 4 hours later.
LIH Prem likes this.
Old May 7, 2022, 4:35 am

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Originally Posted by ft101
Yes lots of "reports" about having to mention covid, however, the application now asks you to check a box that your insurance covers covid. I doubt very much that anyone actually reads this given how fast some are approved. In my case I submitted a certificate page that mentioned the word covid nowhere, nor did it state a dollar amount (in text it said unlimited). My insurancd does cover covid and is much more than 10k coverage but the "magic words" were not on the page. Approved!
IMO things changed once they added the check box that you certify that it covers covid
Diplomatico and goodeats21 like this.
Old May 7, 2022, 7:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by estnet
Yes lots of "reports" about having to mention covid, however, the application now asks you to check a box that your insurance covers covid. I doubt very much that anyone actually reads this given how fast some are approved. In my case I submitted a certificate page that mentioned the word covid nowhere, nor did it state a dollar amount (in text it said unlimited). My insurancd does cover covid and is much more than 10k coverage but the "magic words" were not on the page. Approved!
IMO things changed once they added the check box that you certify that it covers covid
Interesting update. Hadn't heard this one yet. Would be great to be able to use existing standard coverage insurance again.
restlessinRNO likes this.
Old May 8, 2022, 12:07 am

Arrived at BKK yesterday. At the ‚health check‘ (between deboarding and immigration), they wanted to see the Thailand Pass only, no other documents like insurance or vaccination documentation. I’ve showed the TP in my Apple wallet, that was ok. Got a small sticker, that I was checked. Had to show passport, boarding pass, TM6 and TP (Apple wallet) at the immigration. So actually the ‚health check’ didn’t make much sense for me as my TP was checked at the immigration anyway.

Didn‘t take much time.

So, beside of wearing masks, it‘s almost like before corona again - including traffic jam in Bangkok.
Old May 8, 2022, 12:09 am

Originally Posted by goodeats21
Interesting update. Hadn't heard this one yet. Would be great to be able to use existing standard coverage insurance again.
They will scrap the TP after June. Maybe it will be history after May. So if you plan to travel to Thailand in July or later, insurance won‘t matter anymore anyway.
Old May 8, 2022, 3:13 am

Originally Posted by goodeats21
I agree there's not much getting checked now. I just got a TP for a longer stay with only days to go on my insurance.
Old May 8, 2022, 1:02 pm

Programs: UA:1K MM, AF:FB-Platinum; QR: PC Platinum, FI: Saga Gold
Impressed

It literally took two minutes to approve my application !
Old May 8, 2022, 7:52 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by thbe
Arrived at BKK yesterday. At the ‚health check‘ (between deboarding and immigration), they wanted to see the Thailand Pass only, no other documents like insurance or vaccination documentation. I’ve showed the TP in my Apple wallet, that was ok. Got a small sticker, that I was checked. Had to show passport, boarding pass, TM6 and TP (Apple wallet) at the immigration. So actually the ‚health check’ didn’t make much sense for me as my TP was checked at the immigration anyway.

Didn‘t take much time.

So, beside of wearing masks, it‘s almost like before corona again - including traffic jam in Bangkok.
Entering last night, this was my experience as well.

I will add that I am unvaccinated. I did a test within 72 hours. The TP took 11 hours approve, although I did submit it during night time in Thailand.

At the Qatar Airways check in in London, the agent only asked if I had a test, insurance and TP. Didn’t look at them. He also asked about hotels booked for whole trip which was weird, then just asked about the first night when I questioned the requirement. They looked at the TP in Doha to confirm name and date.

I’m now at DMK and it was a pleasant surprise to find Sakon Nakhon have dropped all vaccine and test requirements. I thought I’d have to do an ATK test at the airport.
Old May 9, 2022, 1:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Fast Lane BKK

have the inbound fast lanes now returned at BKK with the increasing number of passengers.....or do I have to queue with the mob?
Old May 9, 2022, 4:06 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA MM Gold; Marriott Lifetime Titanium; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by manymany

At the Qatar Airways check in in London, the agent only asked if I had a test, insurance and TP. Didn’t look at them. He also asked about hotels booked for whole trip which was weird, then just asked about the first night when I questioned the requirement. They looked at the TP in Doha to confirm name and date.

I’m now at DMK and it was a pleasant surprise to find Sakon Nakhon have dropped all vaccine and test requirements. I thought I’d have to do an ATK test at the airport.
Qatar Airways at DMK?????
Old May 9, 2022, 6:20 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Originally Posted by BinSabai
have the inbound fast lanes now returned at BKK with the increasing number of passengers.....or do I have to queue with the mob?
They have - not sure about the central fast track (I think it is open though), but the first batch of immigration on the C/B/A side of the airport definitely has the fast track to the right-hand side open (I went through last week). If it has been a while since you last entered, prepare yourself for a much more modern looking immigration experience, as they revamped the whole arrival side of things
BinSabai likes this.
Old May 9, 2022, 6:34 am

Programs: Thai Airways
Departure fast track is in the same location and for those who have not seen it you can look at the video on the airport FB page dated 15th March 2022. Still every man or woman and his dog can use it, so I will continue to use the Thai lanes and when reopened auto channel.
Old May 9, 2022, 6:40 am

Originally Posted by Always Flyin
Qatar Airways at DMK?????
2 + 2 = ?

If he/she arrived last night and posted at just before 9:00am ICT today there's a good chance they spent a night in Bangkok before travelling on to Sakon Nakhon?
goodeats21 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.