Wiki Posts
Search

Test & Go Application Process changes

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2022, 3:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Test & Go Application Process changes

the days, Thailand Pass was sent in an instant after application (if proper documents and QR codes were loaded) are over...

Now from each application, accommodation reservations are sent to the hotel for confirmation. If the hotel does not confirm within 30 hours, application is rejected!
There are already reports of several people. whose application was rejected as hotels did not react...
needless to say that this will make the application process longer and even more difficult in general

confirmation mails also seem to be inconsistent; some got one immediately after application was submitted, some after the hotel confirmed reservation and some did not get any confirmation mail at all...

Hotels tasked with checking bookings (bangkokpost.com)

Last edited by BinSabai; Feb 2, 2022 at 5:55 am
Old Feb 2, 2022, 4:17 am

Programs: Thai Airways
BP report states 30 hours, not 30 days!

Thailand Pass website states hotel will process application within 24 hours. Maybe more detail in Q&A.
Old Feb 2, 2022, 5:55 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by maerim
BP report states 30 hours, not 30 days!

Thailand Pass website states hotel will process application within 24 hours. Maybe more detail in Q&A.
sorry typo
Old Feb 2, 2022, 10:32 pm

Programs: EVA Air , * G, QR Privilege Club S
So basically the first night has to be an approved hotel and then the 5th night also has to be a Thai Pass approved hotel. In the middle you can stay anywhere you want to? Is this correct?
Old Feb 2, 2022, 11:04 pm

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Davvidd
So basically the first night has to be an approved hotel and then the 5th night also has to be a Thai Pass approved hotel. In the middle you can stay anywhere you want to? Is this correct?
Correct
Old Feb 3, 2022, 1:35 am
Original Poster

over 23'000 applications for test & go during the first day, so the backlog is piling
wonder how many did multiple applications because of the system changes and bugs?
Test & Go gets off to good start (bangkokpost.com)
Old Feb 3, 2022, 8:06 am

Programs: AY Platinum, IHG Diamond
Has anyone been approved yet on this newly opened Test&Go?
I applied on first hours of opening, status is still reviewing.. Hopefully it's green as I should fly on the 7th.
Old Feb 3, 2022, 8:11 am

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
I submitted my app for everything yesterday, and my trip is on February 10th. Will I have enough time? I meet all the requirements, booked the hotel, bought the insurance and did everything I was suppose to.
Old Feb 3, 2022, 9:17 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by plain
Has anyone been approved yet on this newly opened Test&Go?
I applied on first hours of opening, status is still reviewing.. Hopefully it's green as I should fly on the 7th.
I heard from someone who is departing today and got this Thailand Pass in the morning, so within 48 hours
tey seem to give priority according to day of departure

make sure that the hotel confirms your reservation in the system
Old Feb 3, 2022, 9:20 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by NWplatinum
I submitted my app for everything yesterday, and my trip is on February 10th. Will I have enough time? I meet all the requirements, booked the hotel, bought the insurance and did everything I was suppose to.
did you make sure that your hotel confirmed your reservation in the system?
I submitted 2 hours after they opened on Tuesday and also depart on 10. Should not be a problem as many have a much more tight schedule...
NWplatinum likes this.
Old Feb 3, 2022, 11:08 am

Programs: AY Platinum, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by BinSabai
I heard from someone who is departing today and got this Thailand Pass in the morning, so within 48 hours
tey seem to give priority according to day of departure

make sure that the hotel confirms your reservation in the system
I just emailed my hotel and asked about this. But I already put the documents in the Test&Go site showing reserved "1st and 5th day + 2x PCR + transportations" fully paid with hotel stamps. Such a calm and relaxing start for a holiday
Old Feb 3, 2022, 11:14 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by plain
I just emailed my hotel and asked about this. But I already put the documents in the Test&Go site showing reserved "1st and 5th day + 2x PCR + transportations" fully paid with hotel stamps. Such a calm and relaxing start for a holiday
obviously they do not trust those documents as after submission, they send infos to the hotel and let them confirm....if they do not confirm within 24 or 30 hours (two different sources), application is rejected
Old Feb 3, 2022, 9:23 pm

I got denied, despite providing everything they need. What should I do? It says contact the hotel
Old Feb 3, 2022, 9:52 pm

Programs: Thai Airways
Originally Posted by NWplatinum
I got denied, despite providing everything they need. What should I do? It says contact the hotel
Call the hotel and ask to speak directly to person who is responsible.
Old Feb 3, 2022, 10:35 pm

Originally Posted by maerim
Call the hotel and ask to speak directly to person who is responsible.
Yeah I’ve been in touch with the manager. Did they just not register me? I guess since I didn’t pay the 3500THB BEFORE.

Last edited by NWplatinum; Feb 4, 2022 at 7:21 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.